TheX1992
10-09-2003, 02:17 PM
lmfao that tie rod broke like it was a toothpick

zarquon442
10-09-2003, 02:18 PM
lol, funny

lil400exman
10-09-2003, 02:21 PM
i wonder if the z400's and raptor axles are related to the hummer's tie-rods :p :huh

sickmojave
10-09-2003, 02:25 PM
:huh LMAO

Brad77
10-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Man:eek2:

That tie rod end wasn't even under that much pressure, and it just snapped. What a turd.

sparky450AR
10-09-2003, 02:44 PM
yeah, put a non street (ganstafied) hummer through that and see it soar!

MOFO
10-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Yep, I've seen that before... its going around the internet.

My question is.... how the heck is he gonna get it out? Repair onsite????

LMAO, I see we have a little battle of the avatar's going on here...

XANDADA
10-09-2003, 02:47 PM
and their gettin $55,000 for those!?!:rolleyes:

CowsBitePeople
10-09-2003, 02:49 PM
ouchys:eek2:

sparky450AR
10-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
and their gettin $55,000 for those!?!:rolleyes:

ther are luxery vehicles...i know its pathetic

Glow Plug
10-09-2003, 03:25 PM
haha I've seen that before those hummer H2's are just total crap I don't know who would want one :rolleyes:

10-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

My question is.... how the heck is he gonna get it out? Repair onsite????

jusging from how stupid he was from trying to take thsat big piece of **** off road he will probly just try and drive it out!:rolleyes:

300XFST4602
10-09-2003, 05:00 PM
I dunno , i like the H2's , and i think that tie-rod was bad caus i have seen H2's go through some sereious sh*t , and if you don't believe me just look up H2 videos and pic on the internet , that is the first time i have seen a H2 break like that.They can come with all kinds of off-roading ects. from factory like the air ride suspension that you can raise up , those muddin tires , top fog lights , all kinds of stuff, and not even metioning the 6.2 liter V-8. And for $55,000 , D*mn i think the are a great off roading and being a good luxury veichle , now if you want to do a lil bit more , i guess you could spend twice as much on a H1 for $115,000....and to be honest , i would liek to see anything you guys got ( truck wise ) to go agianst an H2. My 2 cents

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 05:23 PM
My friends dad has an H2. At the last football game, he couldn't find a spot to park so he just drove it over a curb and sidewalk and parked it on a hill half in the woods. It was great. I know if I had a Hummer I would have parked it in the exact same spot just because I could.

Adam202
10-09-2003, 05:56 PM
i hate H2's, that video cracked me up.

MOFO
10-09-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
My friends dad has an H2. At the last football game, he couldn't find a spot to park so he just drove it over a curb and sidewalk and parked it on a hill half in the woods. It was great. I know if I had a Hummer I would have parked it in the exact same spot just because I could.

sounds like 95% of all stock pickup trucks could do that. I still dont see what is so special about H2's other than the poser status....trust me, I know my vehicles.

Adam202
10-09-2003, 06:06 PM
i could do it in a 4 cyl. 2wd pickup :p

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 06:45 PM
True, just about any truck could do it. It wasn't like an amazing feat or anything, it was just kinda funny watching him pull in. Normally (around here at least) you see the typical SUV crowd (soccer moms whose kids dont play soccer) driving H2s around, so it was a pleasant change to see one used (to a degree) how it was made to be used.

300XFST4602
10-09-2003, 09:08 PM
sounds like 95% of all stock pickup trucks could do that. I still dont see what is so special about H2's other than the poser status....trust me, I know my vehicles.

You know your vehicles... lol , from the looks of it , i think otherwise

Bean
10-09-2003, 09:40 PM
there is only one other stock suv thing that can top the H2's off roading capabuilities, and that is the H1, the H2 can eat through some serious sh*t, guess what, i seen a ford catch on fire once, big deal, sh*t happens

Glow Plug
10-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 300XFST4602
I dunno , i like the H2's , and i think that tie-rod was bad caus i have seen H2's go through some sereious sh*t , and if you don't believe me just look up H2 videos and pic on the internet , that is the first time i have seen a H2 break like that.They can come with all kinds of off-roading ects. from factory like the air ride suspension that you can raise up , those muddin tires , top fog lights , all kinds of stuff, and not even metioning the 6.2 liter V-8. And for $55,000 , D*mn i think the are a great off roading and being a good luxury veichle , now if you want to do a lil bit more , i guess you could spend twice as much on a H1 for $115,000....and to be honest , i would liek to see anything you guys got ( truck wise ) to go agianst an H2. My 2 cents

personnally I think you don't know what your talking about a stcok 1/2 ton could do whatever a h2 could and then some. The for 55,000canadain even I could have a top of the line ford f.350 powerstroke diesel the works for less than and it would still out preform the hummer h2. Personally the hummer is a pavement pounder that is only good for the gravel parking lot at the local restant :rolleyes: .

Secondly i would get my facts right first the gm does not make a gas 6.2 litre v8 engine its a 6 litre buddy

Bretmd94
10-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Im gonna agree with the fact that pretty much any new fullsize truck is jsut as capable of offroading as the H2. The H1 and H2 are nothing alike, the name is the only thing the same. The H2 is jsut another glorified huge SUV. It probably does worse offroading compared to trucks just because it weighs a ton and its not built for hard core abuse for something that weighs that much. The H1 was built for that abuse.

I would challenge an H2 on the dunes any day against my little S-10 Chevy 4x4 4.3l truck. The H2 would be a pain in the dunes at its weight, it would never keep up, jsut dig its self hole on the big hill just like most fullsize trucks in the dunes. Unless they have really wide tires.

My verdict, H2= nothing special for the price

I would rather be rollin an escalade w/ aluminum northstar V8 and close to 400hp, or a HD chevy truck with the 8.1L gas motor that outpreforms all the diesels in its class. Two trucks with the motors that the H2 should have had.

VIC
10-10-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Bretmd94

I would rather be rollin an escalade w/ aluminum northstar V8 and close to 400hp, or a HD chevy truck with the 8.1L gas motor that outpreforms all the diesels in its class. Two trucks with the motors that the H2 should have had.
Since when do escalades have a northstar they use the same GM 6L vortec as the H2 and chevy/gmc.

From what I understand the H2 undercarriage is mostly HD stuff from their other trucks on a tahoe chassis.

If that H2 in the vidoe had a locker up front that wouldn't have happen you can see that once the right tire hooked up on the rock his tie rod snapped.

MOFO
10-10-2003, 05:38 AM
You know your vehicles... lol , from the looks of it , i think otherwise

ok buddy, lets go around with this. You wanna make a comment like that, lets see what you know. Do you know that the oh mighty H2 is just based off of the Surburban platform? How does putting large BFG's make this thing a super off road machine... The H2 is just an over done Surburban, thats fact kid. Now I want to see your car knowledge... what makes this H2 so off road capable???? Come on, this ought to be good, I've yet to see you give a good answer to this. BTW Kid, the H2 only comes with the 6.0L Vortec motor...

And to that person that says the only other SUV that will outdo a H2 is an H1...LMFAO... this really made me laugh. Have you never heard of Land Rover??? I could go on and on and name SUV's that would do circles around the H2 and possible stay with an H1 in most areas.

The H2 is a poser off road vehicle, always has been and alwasy will be. When you guys have behind the scenes access to GM shops and know all of the service managers very well in your area, and get a chance to speak to the mechanics that take these things apart, come talk to me... until then, you are just making biased comments because mommy and daddy were suckered into buying one. I do however get the chance to see what makes up the great H2....

MOFO
10-10-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by VIC
Since when do escalades have a northstar they use the same GM 6L vortec as the H2 and chevy/gmc.

From what I understand the H2 undercarriage is mostly HD stuff from their other trucks on a tahoe chassis.

If that H2 in the vidoe had a locker up front that wouldn't have happen you can see that once the right tire hooked up on the rock his tie rod snapped.

You are 100% correct. The escalade does run a 6L, it is bumped up a bit, around 345hp vs the standard 300hp 6L trucks get (except the denali). The biggest difference is the cam in these two engines. Also that person made the comment about the 8.1L being the largest diesel motor. The 8.1L is a big block gas motor. The Duramax is a 6.6L turbo diesel. Just had to clear that up.

The H2 is basically a Surburban/Tahoe chassis that has been modified to run the large BFG tires. Naturally, there are differences due to the different body and the weight of this thing.

Overall, if you were to buy a 2500HD or any 4x4 Silverado, you could make it a MORE capable off road vehicle than the H2 just because the H2 is so large and overweight.... not to mention everything else.

Taco
10-10-2003, 06:05 AM
H2s suck lets move on now:D

MOFO
10-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Taco
H2s suck lets move on now:D

eye eye, captain!

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 06:46 AM
They can come with all kinds of off-roading ects. from factory like the air ride suspension that you can raise up , those muddin tires , top fog lights , all kinds of stuff, and not even metioning the 6.2 liter V-8.

not even metioning the 6.2 liter V-8.

LMAO normally i would say quit before you make a complete retard of yourself but i'm sorry to say it's too late defiantly need those top mount fog light to make it off road worthy :rolleyes:

i can't stop laughing oh better yet 6.2 liter but just to clear some things up the h2 was designed to look good it would be the last vehicle i would pick to go offroading i would advise you not to rant on a topic that you obviously have no clue about so come back when you've hit puberty

Taco
10-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
come back when you've hit puberty
But we let you come here:huh :devil:

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Taco
But we let you come here:huh :devil:

:cuss:

Pro400EXC
10-10-2003, 08:42 AM
All The pOS H2 is a Hummer Body on a Tahoe frame....

Also, the H1's arn't took tough either,....

My buddy has one,and he was getting sideways in the mud,and went to get out the hole,and the whole front end just snapped...

The a-arms cv joints,and so on were trashed,ripped the wheels off the spindles...

So i guess there not made be played in?

YZEATER
10-10-2003, 09:07 AM
if they weren't tough, why would the army be using them?

an old style 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck or a newer style ford 3/4 ton with a solid front axle is more off road worthy then the H2 independent front end.

seatec
10-10-2003, 10:04 AM
ill agree with that. IFS is not the best thing for off-road capapbilitis except for desert racing.The H2 is nto a tahoe chassis but a longer suburba/yukon 2500 chassis with some alterations. it currently only comes with the 6L Engine, they are thinking about shoe horning in the 6.6L durmamax with allison combo.
little tidbit. they cant fit the DUramax allison in the H@ yet but the army is insisting on having the durmax allison fitted as soon as they can though.

Zero74
10-10-2003, 10:12 AM
I think the H2 is a suburban pretending to be a Hummer. I like the look and and interior of the H2, but its all show and no go. For the money you can fix up any of the new fullsize trucks with longtravel, and make it up that little trail with a yfz in the back and have money left over for the new honda 450 when it becomes available.

Zero74
10-10-2003, 10:14 AM
The army or any of the military for that matter does not use the H2, they use the H1. There 2 totally different vehicles, even though they look similiar. Oh and as for its offroad capabilities, hahahahahahahahahaha. A suzuki samarai has more off-road capabilities. Trust me, H2 is a POS off road.

Bretmd94
10-10-2003, 11:14 AM
hey steeler fan, I said the 8.1 outpreforms the deisels. I know its a gas motor.

The aluminum Northstar motor is mybad, I know that they use a Northstar aluminum V8 in sandrails, I assumed it was the same one. The aluminum caddy v8 is a badass lightweigh motor.

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 01:42 PM
LMAO normally i would say quit before you make a complete retard of yourself but i'm sorry to say it's too late defiantly need those top mount fog light to make it off road worthy :rolleyes:

i can't stop laughing oh better yet 6.2 liter but just to clear some things up the h2 was designed to look good it would be the last vehicle i would pick to go offroading i would advise you not to rant on a topic that you obviously have no clue about so come back when you've hit puberty

Oh man this guy is so dumb i don't know even where to start , ya my bad i thought for sure they had a 6.2 liter Vortex engine in he hummer... but anyways if you can read .... or do you have to go back to 2nd grade?? Anyways if you can read i did not say fog lights made the H2 off road worthy i said that the H2 can come with some good off-roading packages and accessories for $55,000 , do you see Ford or Chevy Truck coming with those off-roading packages from the factory , i don't think so... And to be perfectly honest you have no idea what the hell you are tlaking about , you must have never been off roading in a 4x4 in your life , cause i have been offroading a chevys , fords , and even an H1 once , and the H2 is a great off-rad / luxury truck for the money. Ya the frame is from a suburban but they beefed up the frame a bit to be more stable for what conditions the H2 can go in. Sure i would put any truck ro suv within reason agaiast the H2 , whatever you got pal , you meet me somewhere and i will show you what the H2 is all about , stop being jealous cause the H2's are every bit of how much they costs ..... Next tiem you speak i highly suggest you think about it..

hondafox440
10-10-2003, 01:48 PM
I thought the army used a completely different truck than the civilial Hummer H1 and H2. I saw some who on TV about it (Tactical to Practical on History Channel) and I thought they said the H1/H2 were strictly civilian models. The army Hummers (or Humvees, whatever the correct name is) are beasts though. They are the kings off road and can withstand an amazing beating (one ran over an anti-tank mine and all 4 people on board survived unharmed).

MOFO
10-10-2003, 01:57 PM
I thought the army used a completely different truck than the civilial Hummer H1 and H2.

FYI, the military does NOT use any version of the H2.

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Bean
there is only one other stock suv thing that can top the H2's off roading capabuilities, and that is the H1, the H2 can eat through some serious sh*t, guess what, i seen a ford catch on fire once, big deal, sh*t happens

I rest my case.....

MOFO
10-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
hey steeler fan, I said the 8.1 outpreforms the deisels. I know its a gas motor.

The aluminum Northstar motor is mybad, I know that they use a Northstar aluminum V8 in sandrails, I assumed it was the same one. The aluminum caddy v8 is a badass lightweigh motor.

LMAO, I'll take the Duramax for pulling loads anyday of the week. Getting 5-8 mpg while pulling is not an ideal powerplant if you ask me.

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Oh man this guy is so dumb i don't know even where to start , ya my bad i thought for sure they had a 6.2 liter Vortex engine in he hummer... but anyways if you can read .... or do you have to go back to 2nd grade?? Anyways if you can read i did not say fog lights made the H2 off road worthy i said that the H2 can come with some good off-roading packages and accessories for $55,000 , do you see Ford or Chevy Truck coming with those off-roading packages from the factory , i don't think so... And to be perfectly honest you have no idea what the hell you are tlaking about , you must have never been off roading in a 4x4 in your life , cause i have been offroading a chevys , fords , and even an H1 once , and the H2 is a great off-rad / luxury truck for the money. Ya the frame is from a suburban but they beefed up the frame a bit to be more stable for what conditions the H2 can go in. Sure i would put any truck ro suv within reason agaiast the H2 , whatever you got pal , you meet me somewhere and i will show you what the H2 is all about , stop being jealous cause the H2's are every bit of how much they costs ..... Next tiem you speak i highly suggest you think about it..

you humor me

don't worry i won't call you dumb you seem to be doing a perfectly good job all on your own

MOFO
10-10-2003, 02:00 PM
300XFST4602, will you ever answer my question? What makes the H2 an offroad machine other than the oversized BFG tires????

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Your intelligence humors me....

hondafox440
10-10-2003, 02:04 PM
FYI, the military does NOT use any version of the H2.

I know that, but does it use a version of the civilian H1, or is the army version built completely differently than the civilian model? You seem to get a great thrill out of trying to sound smart and shutting people down when not really answering people's questions..

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 02:08 PM
300XFST4602, will you ever answer my question? What makes the H2 an offroad machine other than the oversized BFG tires????

Guess you can't read either....:rolleyes: Look back at the other posts kid , what do you want me to list there are many qualities to a H2 that make it a good off-road machine.

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Look back at the other posts kid

uh-oh eric you just got called a kid from a tard of a kid :huh

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 02:18 PM
uh-oh eric you just got called a kid from a tard of a kid :huh

if that makes sense in any shape or form , you goign to take my advice now , THINK BEFORE YOU TALK

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 02:21 PM
if this makes sense in any shape or form , you goign to take my advice now , THINK BEFORE YOU TALK

is this what you ment to say :o

Adam202
10-10-2003, 02:22 PM
H2's are Peices of ****, just accept it and move on.

MOFO
10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Guess you can't read either....:rolleyes: Look back at the other posts kid , there are many qualities to a H2 that make it a good off-road machine.

ahhh, you called me a kid. I kinda like that... makes me feel younger again.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure you meant what you said. Fog lights? Air suspension? Tires? and some 6.2L engine that does not exist. Now I ask again, please tell me what makes the H2 an off road machine.

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 02:26 PM
is this what you ment to say :o

Why are you talking? Waste of good posts

MOFO
10-10-2003, 02:27 PM
I know that, but does it use a version of the civilian H1, or is the army version built completely differently than the civilian model? You seem to get a great thrill out of trying to sound smart and shutting people down when not really answering people's questions..

sigh...

All I do is make sure you kids are not spewing the wrong information and then claiming to know everything there is to know... when in fact, most dont.

I have extensive knowledge of vehicles due to reasons I dont need to get into. If you guys want to spew crap and look like an idiot next time you get into conversations about this topic, thats fine by me. I'm just providing facts, take them and learn or ignore them and jump on me.... I dont care.

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 02:27 PM

Ok, I just wanted to make sure you meant what you said. Fog lights? Air suspension? Tires? and some 6.2L engine that does not exist. Now I ask again, please tell me what makes the H2 an off road machine.

eric learn to read :huh he never said any of that:confused:

too funny

MOFO
10-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Your intelligence humors me....

Please clarify this statement. I would love to hear a good answer to this.

MOFO
10-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Adam202
H2's are Peices of ****, just accept it and move on.

no, they are not complete POS, but they are indeed an overpriced poser 4x4, which is the exact point I am trying to get across.

I think its great GM is selling a boatload of these...I wont buy one, but I do like GM trucks...so I would like to see them make $$$$$.

sparky450AR
10-10-2003, 02:38 PM
im not arguing with anyone....

before H2's came out, a hummer was always a very cool, very rare vehicle...and even if people never went offroading, they always wanted a cool rare hummer.....GM realized this, so they said lets make a luxery vehicle that is cool looking and says hummer on it!!! they did NOT design the H2 for all offroading purposes, thats what the H1 is for.....why would they make two of the same vehicle??? well they didnt.....get my point???

i use quads for offroading, not vehicles

so if i could have an H2 or and H1 for pulling my offroading machines(quads) i would pick the H1, then i would sell it and buy an H2...why? id have 50 grand to spend on quads....an H2 looks better...and its more comfortable.....thats is the purpose of it!!!

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 02:42 PM

I will say it agian , what do you want me to lists , you are to broad , there are many off-road qualities to an H2. Did i studder the first time?

MOFO
10-10-2003, 02:46 PM
I will say it agian , what do you want me to lists , you are to broad , there are many off-road qualities to an H2. Did i studder the first time?

sigh.... your the one claiming its an offroad machine... if there are so many qualities that make it an offroad machine, just list a few. Here, I'll start you off... tell me about the frame and suspension components... how do they make this an offroad machine. Tell me about the 4wd system.... how about the lockers that it DOESNT have. Tell me about ground clearance, how about physical size... does it fit down the average trail? I would also like to know about the weight... I'd like to know why a heavy vehicle is good for offroading.

...this is just a start... very simple topics.

you know what, forget it. I'm done with this... obviously you wont listen or provide facts/specs. I was kinda hoping this would turn into a somewhat intelligent conversation about H2's and thier abilities, but no one wants to provide cold hard specs/facts. Continue on with your spew...

:D

300XFST4602
10-10-2003, 03:03 PM
sigh.... your the one claiming its an offroad machine... if there are so many qualities that make it an offroad machine, just list a few. Here, I'll start you off... tell me about the frame and suspension components... how do they make this an offroad machine. Tell me about the 4wd system.... how about the lockers that it DOESNT have. Tell me about ground clearance, how about physical size... does it fit down the average trail? I would also like to know about the weight... I'd like to know why a heavy vehicle is good for offroading.

...this is just a start... very simple topics.

you know what, forget it. I'm done with this... obviously you wont listen or provide facts/specs. I was kinda hoping this would turn into a somewhat intelligent conversation about H2's and thier abilities, but no one wants to provide cold hard specs/facts. Continue on with your spew...

:D

Don't change my words around , from the very start i said that the H2 was a good Off roading / luxury truck for the money. The H1 is twice what a H2 is on off-roading , and that is whyt hey are twice as much money...guess your head is to much up your a** to know this , and as for the features you wanted , here ya go.... Suspension- Self leveling air suspension Adjustable for if in a tight sistuation ( push of a button and there ya go the suspension raises) , FRAME- 3-piece fully welded ladder-type frame , Rear Class 5 trailer hitch , Front frame accommodates a Class 3 trailer hitch for 9000 lbs wintch , 4WD SYSTEM - Traction Control System (TCS) Brake controlled, single-wheel control capability with rear axle locking differential , TC2 System
2nd mode of TCS system with 3 additional operating modes
Allows for additional wheel slip for conditions for deep sand and mud , WEIGHTS- 8600 lbs , and another great accessory is the tire air pressure system , you can let air out of your tires for off roading and then when you are done put the air back in to go home , and one more thing it can go through 27inches of water stock, just some stiff off the top of my head that i think what makes a H2 a good off-road machine for the money , and not to mention the Luxury of the H2...... Anythign else??? Pretty sure I do not see these things on a Tohoe or as you said a ford f-350 powerstroke diesel , and no that could not compete with an H2. And yes i do know what i am tlaking about. Case Closed

Zero74
10-10-2003, 11:10 PM
The H2 was only built because the body style of the H1 was so popular but only a very limited amount of people could afford the H1. The only similiarity between the H2 & the H1 is the body. Everythiing else is completely different. FYI, the military version of the H1 is different than the the civilian H1, as a matter of fact, there are parts on the military H1 that are still classified. As for a good Toy hauler, Im sure the H2 can at least do that, well sort of This vehicle should actually have a diesel engine option because of its terrible fuel economy, and whats up with its mediocre towing ability, 6700lbs? Im sure this vehicle is an awesome vehicle for some people, but i was dissapointed when i was first introduced to one.

batgeek
10-10-2003, 11:54 PM
where can i get my "G ride"?

VIC
10-11-2003, 12:14 AM

The GM 6.2 does exist just not in the H2.

Compared to any of the trucks /suvs off a showroom floor why isn't off road capable? It has a electronic rear locker, how many of todays truck do you see peel out with just one tire spinning, most right. It has 8-lug diffs. It has decent ground clearence. It has good approach and departure angles. I'm not to fond of IFS but not to many trucks have live axles up front anymore. The ones that do wiegh as much as the H2. cept for a wrangler.

I had a military 1 & 1/4 ton chevy, GM 14 bolt and Dana 60, it had the 6.2L diesel on 36" super swappers, and I'd prefer it over any of the new trucks but I dont think compared to its competition the H2 is that bad of a choice.

Glow Plug
10-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Don't change my words around , from the very start i said that the H2 was a good Off roading / luxury truck for the money. The H1 is twice what a H2 is on off-roading , and that is whyt hey are twice as much money...guess your head is to much up your a** to know this , and as for the features you wanted , here ya go.... Suspension- Self leveling air suspension Adjustable for if in a tight sistuation ( push of a button and there ya go the suspension raises) , FRAME- 3-piece fully welded ladder-type frame , Rear Class 5 trailer hitch , Front frame accommodates a Class 3 trailer hitch for 9000 lbs wintch , 4WD SYSTEM - Traction Control System (TCS) Brake controlled, single-wheel control capability with rear axle locking differential , TC2 System
2nd mode of TCS system with 3 additional operating modes
Allows for additional wheel slip for conditions for deep sand and mud , WEIGHTS- 8600 lbs , and another great accessory is the tire air pressure system , you can let air out of your tires for off roading and then when you are done put the air back in to go home , and one more thing it can go through 27inches of water stock, just some stiff off the top of my head that i think what makes a H2 a good off-road machine for the money , and not to mention the Luxury of the H2...... Anythign else??? Pretty sure I do not see these things on a Tohoe or as you said a ford f-350 powerstroke diesel , and no that could not compete with an H2. And yes i do know what i am tlaking about. Case Closed

stuff looks so great when you copy and paste it huh?

Please tell me how a class 5 trailer hitch helps its off road capablities?

300XFST4602
10-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
stuff looks so great when you copy and paste it huh?

Please tell me how a class 5 trailer hitch helps its off road capablities?

Copy and paste? I got the proper terms out from hummer.com , but i did not once copy and paste or there would of been more stuff in the paragraph. And bout the class 5 trailer hitch , is that all you have to say now , ok well i just put that in there because i talked abotu the front hitch....

MOFO
10-11-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by VIC
The GM 6.2 does exist just not in the H2.

Compared to any of the trucks /suvs off a showroom floor why isn't off road capable? It has a electronic rear locker, how many of todays truck do you see peel out with just one tire spinning, most right. It has 8-lug diffs. It has decent ground clearence. It has good approach and departure angles. I'm not to fond of IFS but not to many trucks have live axles up front anymore. The ones that do wiegh as much as the H2. cept for a wrangler.

I had a military 1 & 1/4 ton chevy, GM 14 bolt and Dana 60, it had the 6.2L diesel on 36" super swappers, and I'd prefer it over any of the new trucks but I dont think compared to its competition the H2 is that bad of a choice.

Yep your right, I worded that wrong... should have said "does not exist in todays powerplants"

Zero74
10-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Enough is enough about the H2. Okay if you wanna see how good the H2 performs offroad, Go to glamis on halloween weekend, and Im sure you'll see a few TRYING to tear it up on comp hill and oldsmobile. By the way, ive never seen an H2 make it up oldsmobile. With the money put into OHV's out there, you'll probably see at least a dozen of these things.

Bean
10-11-2003, 12:16 PM
the H2 has a low tow rating because of the design of the rear suspension in the back

AlaskaSpeed
10-11-2003, 12:41 PM
ok buddy, lets go around with this. You wanna make a comment like that, lets see what you know. Do you know that the oh mighty H2 is just based off of the Surburban platform? How does putting large BFG's make this thing a super off road machine... The H2 is just an over done Surburban, thats fact kid. Now I want to see your car knowledge... what makes this H2 so off road capable???? Come on, this ought to be good, I've yet to see you give a good answer to this. BTW Kid, the H2 only comes with the 6.0L Vortec motor...

And to that person that says the only other SUV that will outdo a H2 is an H1...LMFAO... this really made me laugh. Have you never heard of Land Rover??? I could go on and on and name SUV's that would do circles around the H2 and possible stay with an H1 in most areas.

The H2 is a poser off road vehicle, always has been and alwasy will be. When you guys have behind the scenes access to GM shops and know all of the service managers very well in your area, and get a chance to speak to the mechanics that take these things apart, come talk to me... until then, you are just making biased comments because mommy and daddy were suckered into buying one. I do however get the chance to see what makes up the great H2....

Did someone forget to take their meds this morning?.....sheesh...chill out.........lol

MOFO
10-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Did someone forget to take their meds this morning?.....sheesh...chill out.........lol

I knew I forgot to do something that day... :devil:

AlaskaSpeed
10-11-2003, 12:56 PM
I knew I forgot to do something that day... :devil:

lmao....I heard you are intolerant.....but I hadn't seen the degree.....I think I am in love..........:blah:

capecod400ex
10-11-2003, 02:32 PM
well on CAR AND DRIVER tv they had a comparason with the H2 vs the H1 and they said i THINK it was only like 75% of the off road capabilty. give or take a few percent i dont rember it was last year. But honistly i think its a plastic joke but just my thougths.

cool 300ex
10-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Ya thats crappy. I think the ones the army and stuff use's are way better.

lil400exman
05-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Bean
there is only one other stock suv thing that can top the H2's off roading capabuilities, and that is the H1, the H2 can eat through some serious sh*t, guess what, i seen a ford catch on fire once, big deal, sh*t happens i will take it against my cruziah anyday!:devil:

lil400exman
05-04-2004, 06:37 PM
chassis is same. Some engines are depends on what you order. The military one has light bulletproofing on it and some models are much tougher......................whole different electronic system too!;)

Leo
05-04-2004, 07:28 PM
A boxy suburban is, well, a boxy suburban. Calling the H2 a hummer is an insult to the actual hummer.

A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon will run circles around it in the woods, all day, all night. Any Grand Cherokee with Quadradrive will as well. Both have the signifigant advantage of front and rear lockers.

Leo

Woodsrider
05-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Leo
A boxy suburban is, well, a boxy suburban. Calling the H2 a hummer is an insult to the actual hummer.

A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon will run circles around it in the woods, all day, all night. Any Grand Cherokee with Quadradrive will as well. Both have the signifigant advantage of front and rear lockers.

Leo

Spoken like a true dodge mechanic;) And I couldnt have said it better myself.

xr50layke
05-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
where can i get my "G ride"?

we can always count on you to bring laughter to a thread :p

so far, iv seen that mofo makes the most sence.

i do believe this all goes right back to the factors needed for mudding which are: ground clearance, traction, torque. anything that has a better quality will be better than whatever....

i was watching "TRUCKS!" today and stacey davis built this purple mudder called crazy horse and it went through anything they tested it for, hills and mud, lets just say, usually if you want something for off-roading, its gonna have to be custom.

if i was going to get a mudder id get a jeep rubicon, those look narly.

RMX500
05-04-2004, 09:40 PM
funny thing is that 6.2 V8 puts out less power and uses more gas than a Dodge 8.3 V10.

6mpg... screw hummers

xr50layke
05-05-2004, 06:40 AM
it wont play

300XFST4602
05-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Well , everyone's got their own opinion , which is a good thing cause nothing would get done if everyone had the same opinion. I said my case earlier in the thread , and i stick to it. This thread was like a year ago too , hwo did it come up agian? Ryan.

Doibugu2
05-05-2004, 07:56 AM
how come the link is to a text file? It won't work for me. Someone repost it.

Did anyone notice the thread is from like 6 months ago.

UglyMotha™
05-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
how come the link is to a text file? It won't work for me. Someone repost it.

Did anyone notice the thread is from like 6 months ago.

yo bug :huh heheh:p

hey i got the video clip saved on my hard drive if you pm you email addy i'll email it to ya http://www.exriders.com/vbb/images/icons/icon14.gif

XANDADA
05-05-2004, 08:19 AM
dang, this is an old thread. This beast belongs to the brother of one of the guys I work with. These things are cheap too. I think he bought it for like $10,000. I have several videos of this thing in action and it is amazing.

XANDADA
05-05-2004, 08:19 AM
another...

XANDADA
05-05-2004, 08:20 AM
last one...

rockwilda1089
05-05-2004, 09:47 AM
they r trying to pass a law in NY and NJ that Hummers and other large SUV's like navigators have to register as commercial vehicles cuz they r so heavy, and the H2 only has like 75% of the off roading capability of the original, it was made to show off, not to off road

rockwilda1089
05-05-2004, 09:48 AM
it wont play for me either