PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke in future gncc racing

rs169300
10-09-2003, 12:27 PM
here is the problem i have. i run an 88 250r in the B class and the the quad frame will not be capatible holding up to the raceing next year. i am looking at a roll 250 or a 450r for next year. i dont want to buy the roll if they do away with the 2 st classes. i have been riding r's for over 4 years and would still preferer the r over a 4 st. so i would like some some advice from top gnccriders to help me decide what to do.

cdalejef
10-09-2003, 01:13 PM
I doubt they will do away with the 2-stroke classes since they are still very popular in the amature ranks. If you like the 2-stroke that much, then go with the Roll! No since in racing a bike that you don't like as well.

jlhughes750
10-09-2003, 01:30 PM
I don't see how they'd ever not have a 2 stroke class!!!

I could see them manipulating the Pro class into following Pro Prod rules and eliminate the Open Pro class. I don't think its cool and i'm not supporting it but!!! I think it might be the way there going. Jeff?? What do u think about that?? u think they're planning on having the pro class be no R's next year. I know there looking into that for GNC. Someone else said it best on another post, its a double edge sword. we want factory backing!! we want factory backing!! ok u got it, but now thats all u can race, production style bikes!! :confused: weird huh?????

can't we just have everything we want!!just once!!!please!!

cdalejef
10-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Thats a good question....with all the new 4-strokes coming out I think all but a couple pros will make the switch anyway. I don't think they will ban the R's in the pro class (for next year anyway) but it may fade away on its own.

quadman21
10-09-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks jlhughs750, I said the double edged sword thing:D With all this Factory support that's coming. will it take away from the smaller people....the amatures? I think I used supercross as an example. It's so big now that it's not realistic for the common man like myself to race. Too much money, Too many riders, and Too for away. At least for now (without factory support) we have all stuck together as a family to go race and have single handedly made ATV racing what it is today. Now are we all ready to hand it over to the big factories? But anyway, rs169300, everyone including myself thought that we would never see a place for the 300EX or Mojave after the 400 came out. Now there's a sport class just for those machines. As our sport evolves into the great unkown, I feel there will always be a place for the R in racing somewhere. Even if it is in the lower amature ranks.;)

tprender
10-09-2003, 06:57 PM
If I read the press release from Racer Production correct, just the pro class will be productions 4-sk only next year. The rest of the 2-sk classes will still be there for a few more years. In thecc class future look for them to get compined with something else just like the 200 was done away with. The 250r will die a slow death in about 5 years, sad to say but the writing is on the wall. Look at the number of riders now compared to a few years ago.

cdalejef
10-09-2003, 07:05 PM
What press release?

tprender
10-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Pellan posted it on ********.com and I think that it is also on the ATVA website. They sent it out last Thursday.

Smokey
10-09-2003, 08:28 PM
I agree dont look for the 2-strokes to be gone anytime soon . But , the new thumpers run like a 2-stroke . you should test them to see what you like . Ride the Yamaha and the Honda , you might not like what you think you would . Plus if you change now and you are in it for the long haul you are ready if they ever do get rid of the 2-strokes . I have been an R rider since 1989 and I love them , but Honda kills you on parts for them now . A new bike can mean less break downs and cheaper parts .Maybe they will do something like Yamaha does for the bike , The YZ Bucks program ?? Who knows , I do know Honda does not have anything like that . But they could start it ..Only time will tell and GOOD LUCK .

DeCesare79
10-10-2003, 07:35 AM
They wont be able to ban the 2-Strokes in amatuers. Wait till next week in Indiana. There will be alot of amatuers on 250r's. I also race 250B and what I would recommend unless you get a good deal on a Roll Design Frame, which I believe retails for $12,000 for the whole Rolling Chassis. Gusset your stock frame and put on some Gibson +1 A-Arms and a No-Link swingwarm. If you think about it, Balance won his first two Championship on a Lone Star Stock replacement frame with a similiar set up. My Brother won 250B with a stock frame and is in second in 250A on a stock 250R frame.

jlhughes750
10-10-2003, 08:23 AM
I like Decesare79's idea.12K is alot to blow on a chassis. I have a Roll and i have a Arens stk replacement with Gibson XC frt. end and it works just as good. Even the stk frame works great with LT Gibson frt. end and Axis shocks.. Hertz Racing does a killer stk frame mod, he's usually around the pro pits at the GNCC's. probably the best mod out there for stk frame R's. Luke u might want to look into that. look for #12 at Indy!!
later, J

Vtr_Racing
10-10-2003, 08:27 AM
I would look around for another stock frame and have it strengthened. If you can afford the 12grand for a Roll frame go for it, I would love to have one myself but the price tag is a bit much for me. Maybe someday. My r frame gets cracks in it every now and then and I weld it up. I just stripped it down to the metal and went over it and had it repainted. It all depends on how much you want to spend.Good luck....

ex kid
10-10-2003, 04:00 PM
it all comes down to money. a new yammi is alot cheaper to build and race than a 250R. i dont think 250R's will ever go away in the pro class. unless one of the factories throws ballence some dough u could see him back on a two stroke, i doubt hes happy with the finishes hes had recently compared to the 1st's he was pulling off the first half of the season. that could have alot to with the bike,because everyone knows hes fast.

another thing you have to think about is some of theese A and Pro racers have been racing R's for a long time wich mean they have parts out the ***. so do they buy a new bike when they have 5 grand worth of R parts in their graje.