PDA

View Full Version : 350x motor

bonds0033
10-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Looking for a 350x motor that runs and is in good condition, with or without carb and pipe, wanted for a project

MDE3
10-11-2003, 10:48 AM
I have a 350X motor at a shop right now for a special project, but it may be more expensive than you want when done.

This motor is already a TC motor, and we are looking at boring to 89 mm(423 cc), using a state of the art liner, redesigned valve train, flowed and reported both sides of head, custom built piston. Then the case will be sandblasted to remove all paint and fins roughened for additional cooling.

The engine builder does Porche race engines for GTR1 and Lemans, so it will be a bit new to him. He currently has some NA air cooled engines pulling 175 hp/liter with similar head designs (OHC/tappets)

This motor is an attempt to see how much hp can be achieved with just head flow not stroking. The case is already reinforced. Flow will be computor modeled first then physically flow tested. Motor to be dyno'd before and after to show % gain.

Oil Cooling and flow will be adjusted to hp output.(larger cooler and pump)

The current engine has a TC cam and porting, TC exhaust, TC Lectron, RPI billet aluminum intake with Viton coupling, TC cdi, clutch has about 6 hours since done, and the motor was torn down completely for inspection about 10 hours ago. Motor was about 40 - 45 hp. at the shaft previously, but only 363 cc's.

ride300exrider
10-11-2003, 05:29 PM
so how much u asking for that motor????

MDE3
10-11-2003, 06:17 PM
I will not know until he has looked at it and measured things up about mid week this week coming. We had talked about spending up to $2500 on it to do this.....so I am not sure yet where it will come in yet....we are shooting for 60+ horsepower....not sure we will get it, but that's what we should know better this week.

Like I said it may be expensive...

Diedrich
10-11-2003, 10:20 PM
look on ebay for one

MDE3
10-12-2003, 07:49 AM
I agree you can pick one up quite reasonably on ebay