PDA

View Full Version : Nascar

kcalexan83
10-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Alright guys. Let me know who are your favorite Nascar drivers. Mine is Dale Earnhadt Junior. I would have to go with Ward Burton as #2 though.

MOFO
10-09-2003, 09:23 AM
#24 & #48

Jellyrolls
10-09-2003, 09:25 AM
#24 all thaway

DESDAK4
10-09-2003, 09:31 AM

In that order.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Honda4trax250x
10-09-2003, 10:16 AM
dale jr. and harvick

UglyMotha™
10-09-2003, 10:39 AM
3 AND 8

all them other guys are nothing but panty wastes :o

honda400ex27
10-09-2003, 12:41 PM
uglymotha--mmm #3 cant drive no more..he got killed trying to drive..

my favorites are 12, 24, 48, 42, 31, 20, 18

my dislikes are 29, 8, 99, 88

300exOH
10-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
3 AND 8

all them other guys are nothing but panty wastes :o

I'm with Ugly on this one!

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Oh God, not NASCAR.. :rolleyes:

UglyMotha™
10-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex27
..he got killed trying to drive..

i'll pretend as if you didn't say that

02Edge/400ex
10-09-2003, 03:18 PM

Trying to drive????? Just remember that #3 made NASCAR what it is today!!! Without him NASCAR wouldn't be where they are.

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 02Edge/400ex

Trying to drive????? Just remember that #3 made NASCAR what it is today!!! Without him NASCAR wouldn't be where they are.

Right. It still might have been a sport.

PHAT400
10-09-2003, 05:10 PM

UglyMotha™
10-09-2003, 05:22 PM
<---------------------

Originally posted by hondafox440
Right. It still might have been a sport.

GOMER007
10-09-2003, 05:25 PM
#24 and #8:D

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
<---------------------

NASCAR is so lame. Isn't the point of racing to build your machine to be better and faster than the others? So how come in NASCAR if you make a better machine than your competitors, the officials tone it down with restrictor plates "to keep things fair". Also whats so difficult about going in a circle 500 times?

Adam202
10-09-2003, 05:50 PM
i used to feel the same way, but then i watched it payed attention and realized that there is ALOT to it. i think nascar is ok and i dont really like to watch it. theres alot more than you think to it.

Guy400
10-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Dale Jr. #1 (unfortunately took the place of his late father on my list:( )
Harvick #2
Stewart #3
Jeff Gordon #4
Jimmy Johnson #5
And I think Childress should toss Robby Gordon.

Hondafox440, if you think NASCAR racing is just holding the wheel in a left hand turn and mashing the throttle you're sadly mistaken. That's like saying all quad racing is about is pinning the throttle and holding on.

MOFO
10-09-2003, 06:11 PM
NASCAR is so lame. Isn't the point of racing to build your machine to be better and faster than the others? So how come in NASCAR if you make a better machine than your competitors, the officials tone it down with restrictor plates "to keep things fair". Also whats so difficult about going in a circle 500 times?

just by reading what you post, I can tell you have NO idea what you are talking about. If I were you I would quit before you make a bigger arse out of yourself.

Next time you make comments, please know a little more. :rolleyes:

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Dale Jr. #1 (unfortunately took the place of his late father on my list:( )
Harvick #2
Stewart #3
Jeff Gordon #4
Jimmy Johnson #5
And I think Childress should toss Robby Gordon.

Hondafox440, if you think NASCAR racing is just holding the wheel in a left hand turn and mashing the throttle you're sadly mistaken. That's like saying all quad racing is about is pinning the throttle and holding on.

Except in quad or dirtbike racing you actually have to do stuff that requires physical stamina, fitness, and skill. Enlighten me on what is so dificult in racing NASCAR.

MOFO
10-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Except in quad or dirtbike racing you actually have to do stuff that requires physical stamina, fitness, and skill. Enlighten me on what is so dificult in racing NASCAR.

again, as I posted before, if you dont know what your talking about.... please dont post. I believe GUY400 made a perfect analogy...but if you cant understand analogy's, I'll elaborate

YOU HAVE NO IDEA what is involved in driving a car at speeds that would make you cry, in temperatures that would make you whimper like a dog, all while your literally inches from other cars that want in front of you any possible way they can. I could go on about details with this sport, but its a waste of my time trying to explain to someone with your mentality.

BTW I'm done with this thread, last time I checked, the author of this thread wanted to know what everyones favorite driver was... not everyones opinion on NASCAR. :rolleyes:

Adam202
10-09-2003, 06:14 PM
might wanna put your flame suit on ;)

Adam202
10-09-2003, 06:18 PM
they sit in those cars doing 200mph for hours around that track. that beats the hell out of them, have you ever seen how bad there sweating when they get out of the car?, you cant just drive around the track likes its nothing. you are with 40 other cars all going the same speed inches away from you. you have to know how to draft and take the right line. the Pit crew is just as important as the driver, they mess up or are too slow it will cost them the race. Not to mention how dangerous it is.

Guy400
10-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Except in quad or dirtbike racing you actually have to do stuff that requires physical stamina, fitness, and skill. Enlighten me on what is so dificult in racing NASCAR. Your strapped in a sardine can with a full firesuit on and the ambient temperature inside the cabin is over 115 degrees. You are wrestling with a steering wheel trying to manuever a 3800lb. race car around the track. Even though these cars have power steering it's not like the power steering in your mom's minivan. You CANNOT drive these cars around with one hand. It's like trying to steer your quad for 4 hours with the wheels sunk to the spindles in thick, heavy mud.

LMFAO...if you don't think driving a car at 190mph on a banked surface that is not perfectly smooth with 42 other cars literally inches apart isn't a skill than I don't know what your definition of skill is. These cars don't just magically stay 2 inches apart from one another without wrecking into one another. These drivers have exceptional skill. Here's what you need to do: take $350 and go to the Richard Petty driving school for one afternoon. You will see exactly how difficult it really is.

Taco
10-09-2003, 06:19 PM
I think Im going to run Nascar next yr instead of GNCCs:D

UglyMotha™
10-09-2003, 06:29 PM
i enjoy it when people make complete retards of themselves some people just don't understand the concept that if you don't have a clue then you just don't say anything :huh

hondafox440
10-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Your strapped in a sardine can with a full firesuit on and the ambient temperature inside the cabin is over 115 degrees. You are wrestling with a steering wheel trying to manuever a 3800lb. race car around the track. Even though these cars have power steering it's not like the power steering in your mom's minivan. You CANNOT drive these cars around with one hand. It's like trying to steer your quad for 4 hours with the wheels sunk to the spindles in thick, heavy mud.

LMFAO...if you don't think driving a car at 190mph on a banked surface that is not perfectly smooth with 42 other cars literally inches apart isn't a skill than I don't know what your definition of skill is. These cars don't just magically stay 2 inches apart from one another without wrecking into one another. These drivers have exceptional skill. Here's what you need to do: take $350 and go to the Richard Petty driving school for one afternoon. You will see exactly how difficult it really is.

Ok, so it takes some training to not crash into other cars or the wall. But isn't the purpose of the banked turns to actually make it EASIER to turn? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it act in a similar way to a berm in offroad riding? And I agree about the temperatures, but racing MX in full gear when it's 97 out is no walk in the park. And I have driven a car with no power steering which was annoying, and from the looks of it (what I've seen on TV) the cars seem to turn a little easier than a sedan without power steering. I don't think it can be quit as bad as the analogy you posted.

I'll admit that I have never really followed NASCAR, because watching cars go around in circles for hours on end just isn't exciting. I'll also admit what I said was based solely on what I gathered from watching a few minutes here and there of races - I've never taken the time of effort to research it because I really didn't care enough. From a spectators standpoint it looks like no skill is required to drive one of those cars. NASCAR is one of those sports that is probably much more entertaining to actually do than it is to watch or follow.

dj416
10-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Ok, so it takes some training to not crash into other cars or the wall. But isn't the purpose of the banked turns to actually make it EASIER to turn? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it act in a similar way to a berm in offroad riding? And I agree about the temperatures, but racing MX in full gear when it's 97 out is no walk in the park. And I have driven a car with no power steering which was annoying, and from the looks of it (what I've seen on TV) the cars seem to turn a little easier than a sedan without power steering. I don't think it can be quit as bad as the analogy you posted.

I'll admit that I have never really followed NASCAR, because watching cars go around in circles for hours on end just isn't exciting. I'll also admit what I said was based solely on what I gathered from watching a few minutes here and there of races - I've never taken the time of effort to research it because I really didn't care enough. From a spectators standpoint it looks like no skill is required to drive one of those cars. NASCAR is one of those sports that is probably much more entertaining to actually do than it is to watch or follow.

banked turns make it possible to go faster around turns not "easier to turn". it is a very physical sport just driving the car but about 10 times harder mentaly. next time you get in your car let about a pond of air out of your right front car and tell me if u can tell a difrence when u drive it. when u come back and tell "boy tha was stupid, of course i cant tell with just 1 pound of air out of my left front" think of the skill it would take and how hard u would have to drive your car to tell the difrence and think that that pound is the difrence in the wall and the winners circle at every race. and on top of that think of the spring rates, what gear you want to run, what rpm range your engine works at. just all the things that go into racing on sunday with a car that handels good. it racing on sunday, the only part of nascar most people see might look easy, but think of what they did to get there. all the testing and everything it takes to win. that what i like about it. oh yeah my favorite driver if dale jr

kcalexan83
10-09-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks MOFO. Any one in this thread that doesnt like nascar just leave and dont say anything..:mad: I asked who the fav driver was, not your opinion on the sport. Ok have a nice day.

CowsBitePeople
10-09-2003, 07:09 PM
jr and harvick:macho

pa_countryboy
10-10-2003, 09:02 AM
in that order

kcalexan83
10-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Come on more people than that have to like nascar.

10-10-2003, 09:22 AM

Not really too many drivers that I don't like, and yeah thinking that nascar is a joke is truly jackass award material..:rolleyes:

kgbg
10-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Robbie Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Ward Burton. no particular order.
BTW TT racing is for pussies too, you just drive around in circles, and why would they limit the size of the motors anyway?....lol;)

Rrider4life8
10-10-2003, 11:45 AM
8 all the way ... im going to the race sat at charlotte ... live like 5 mins from track .... 24 sucks

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Rico are those testicles swingin from your review mirror that riminds of one of my favorite songs...... you ever listen to cake sweet group........

Artist: Cake
Album: Fashion Nugget
Title: Race Car Ya-yas

The land of race car ya-yas
The land where you can't change lanes
The land where large fuzzy dice
Still hang proudly like testicles
From rear view mirrors
The land where you can't change lanes

The land where large fuzzy dice
Still hang proudly like testicles
From rear view mirrors
Ya-yas
Aw Naw
Race car ya-yas

01TRX300EX
10-10-2003, 02:21 PM
#2 and #12, in that order.

jcsact
10-10-2003, 09:17 PM
***888***
**8***8**
**8***8**
***888***
**8***8**
**8***8**
***888***

To the guy that was basing is opinion of NASCAR from a few minutes of TV.... If anyone ever offers you tickets to a race or there is an opportunity for you to go TAKE IT!!! The coverage is much better on TV but there is nothing that will get you heart pumping faster than to watch a car go flying past you doing 190 mph. I like all forms of racing don't be close minded. It all takes skill.

crazybuffalo
10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
id say the 3 and 8. dale jr is good but dale was so much better that it makes jr seem worse because we expect more.

10-10-2003, 09:34 PM
i never saw what people liked about it, isnt jeff gordon gay? i knew he had to be a fruit driving a rainbow car with that queer smile rofl:p i wonder if his pit crew is gay

JForestZ34
10-10-2003, 09:53 PM
GO Earnhardt JR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevie-D
10-11-2003, 06:34 AM
Tony Stewart

:macho

heavy_d
10-11-2003, 07:08 AM
24 , tonight is charlotte under the lights with a tribute to 3

kcalexan83
10-11-2003, 06:48 PM
The tribute to Dale Earnhardt was awesome. Espesially when Richard Childress did the burnout.

Rrider4life8
10-12-2003, 07:23 AM
I was there and everyone around me was crying .... it was a very emotional time

kcalexan83
10-14-2003, 10:57 AM
I would have loved to been at that race and see richard childress drive the 3 car around. Dale Earnhardt was great and no one will ever forget him.

ewalker302
10-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Ok Just got back from Talladega, 2 weeks ago. I've been to both races there every year since I was like 10 or 11 (Dad was a Pearson fan).

And thank you lord that Jr DID NOT WIN.
Only the second worst thing that could have happened did Gay Mikey won.

I was there when Elliot ran 212 & lapped the field twice under green.

As for my favorite active drivers:

Ricky Rudd
Kurt Bush
Elliot Sadler

Least favorite (Just don't want em to win)

Gordon (gay)
Jr. (insert silver spoon here)
Jimmy Spenser (Fat *** crybaby)
Tony Stewart
Harvick

I liked Earnhardt Sr's driving style
He didn't hang back & wait and he would wreck his own mother to win.
But I did not pull for him

If they were still alive
Allison-Irvan-Kulwicki
Would be kicking ***

Just my opinion

I know this wasnt' the question, but giving the last guy one lap down his lap back is stupid.

Jr. caused the wreck at Talladega that gave him his lap back letting him finish second.

Jr. fan or not that aint right.

But he's the golden child right? God forbid Nascar treat him like one of his fellow drivers.

All the old Gordon fans are now Jr Fans waiting for the next bandwagon to leap on.

To kcalexan83:

ATC250SX's whip ***

:bandit:

Rrider4life8
10-16-2003, 08:15 PM
my girlfriends dad is the crew chief for Kurt Bush :eek: :eek: :D :D :) :) .... so when he gets home we talk about the race ....

kcalexan83
10-16-2003, 08:32 PM
ewalker did u mean Irwin(Kenny). In ur post u put Irvin(Ernie). Because Ernie Irvin is still alive. Just wanted to clear that up.