PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong? Please help!!!

08-14-2001, 06:44 PM
i recently purchased a K&N power kit for my 300ex. I put in the air filter, needle, ands jetted it for a stage 1, because i don't have an aftermarket pipe yet. It ran a lot better and i felt the power difference, but my freind said that i really should have jetted it for a stage 2 w/ stock pipe. Thinking it would further increase power, i did, but it was running way too rich. I realized that i forgot to adjust the air-feul mixture screw. i went back and adjusted it, but now if i punch the gas, the engine hesitates and just dies out. I Don't know what the problem is. Any thoughts?

Wheelie
08-14-2001, 10:01 PM
Sounds like its too lean on the low side, try to richen the fuel-air screw, or lower the clip on the pilot needle one notch.

skemp
08-14-2001, 10:35 PM
It won't run better on with Stage 2 jetting without an aftermarket pipe. If it still is jetted to Stage 2 specs, that is your problem. Just follow the instructions to a "T", go with Stage 1, and you will be fine. Stage 2 just richens the mixture more, which is needed with an aftermarket pipe.

08-15-2001, 08:52 AM
Thanx for the help! I appreciate it!:D :D