02-04-2002, 06:25 PM
the two bikes

300ex #1

all traks 22inch tires 400ex front tires
jets
kn
white brothers pro meg

300ex #2

it seems like he had like a half horsepower gain then i do and once he is in front i can not catch up what so ever. if i am in front with 300ex#1 he can catch up with his ..

please tell me i didnt waste about 500 dollars on junk.

02-04-2002, 06:29 PM
either ur jets r way off, u need to adjust ur throttle on the housin, or ur tires r shorther, or his r taller, r he has a new, taller front sproket

yellowrider
02-04-2002, 06:30 PM
it really bothers me that he beats me from the start ..!!! maybe i am running to lean, or maybe it is just the tires, or maybe i am runing to rich

oh yeah we was racing on black top if that matterS?

any ideas what could be wrong or am i just woried about nothing?

yellowrider
02-04-2002, 06:58 PM
ok you think its the jets that are way off ?? if so how could i tell ?

when i was stock he barly got in front of me but i would always catch back up at the end ..

i have 12 disk 22 inch tires stock gearing

he has stock pipe 20inch 400 tires and stock gearing

yellowrider
02-04-2002, 07:28 PM
come on you guys please help me out on this .. please?? should i go and get it checked out

02-04-2002, 09:37 PM
12 disc in a e-series on a 300ex? WOW we never ran over 10 without full mods.. (port, valves, cam) Running 12 will flow better but you will loose bottom end. I would try 9 then 10 disc and see if you can tell a defferance. Just play around with it a little on the jetting too. You will know by the seat of the pants feel when it runs right.. Plus I wouldn't worry about he hole shot too much. I 've got a friend who can just about pull a holeshot on anyone, even if he is ridding a byclycle with a flat tire. Some peolpe just have faster reaction times. I would just worry about catching him in the long run....

yellowrider
02-05-2002, 04:02 AM
tonight when i get home from school i am going to take my spark plug out and show you guys and tell you what color it is cause i have no idea what color it is supposed to be. also about the 9 disk and ten that dealer told me a stock 300ex runs a whole lot better on 12 .......... oh well i will try that as soon as i have some time to take some disk off..

does anybody think it is the tires that is slowing me down in the take off? or a jetting promblem??

oh yeah also they did some motor work i may not have broken it fully in .... but have rode it over 15 miles i know for a fact on the first day and i didnt run it hard like i did before i just cruised .

maybe thats another reason why it isnt running as good ?? since i have new stuff and it jsut hasn't broke in yet....

i hope thats not the promblem cause i ride it hard now i give it heck i aint going to lie about it but anyways if anyone could help me out some more .. thanks in advance

Scott
02-05-2002, 06:06 AM
The all traks weigh a lot more than stock 400 tires, more unsprung weight, takes more power to get it moving. That is part of it.

yellowrider
02-05-2002, 06:41 PM
The all traks weigh a lot more than stock 400 tires, more unsprung weight, takes more power to get it moving. That is part of it.

and the other part would be???

250xR#271
02-05-2002, 09:25 PM
i personally think its the tires also. so try this, see if your buddy will switch you tires to see if thats the problem. if its not, than try redoing ur jetting and the disks on the exaust

yellowrider
02-06-2002, 03:52 AM
yeah we was going to try that cause he wants to see how my tires would be on his 4 wheeler hbut we could never find the tools to get the tires off with....

i was just worried cause i didnt want to ride on it with it running lean and cause motor damage when i could have avoid it ..
thanks for your help keep it coming

02-06-2002, 02:40 PM
the rider with the most experience always wins

yellowrider
02-06-2002, 04:17 PM
in some cases yes........ but not this case cause no matter who was on the red 4 wheeler it always one.. so it must be my tires

i been riding in the snow today put it in second while moving it hesitated then took off so i guess i am not running rich....

for all the people who helped out thanks alot !! hope i can return the favor

hotrodhonda400
02-06-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by zooterboy
12 disc in a e-series on a 300ex? WOW we never ran over 10 without full mods.. (port, valves, cam) Running 12 will flow better but you will loose bottom end. I would try 9 then 10 disc and see if you can tell a defferance. Just play around with it a little on the jetting too. You will know by the seat of the pants feel when it runs right.. Plus I wouldn't worry about he hole shot too much. I 've got a friend who can just about pull a holeshot on anyone, even if he is ridding a byclycle with a flat tire. Some peolpe just have faster reaction times. I would just worry about catching him in the long run.... I agree with zooter..I had mega max II on my 300 and when i ran all the disks it sucked ,no low end. try taking out a few so you can get back some low end torque.. you need some backpreasure in order to make torque

yellowrider
02-06-2002, 08:36 PM
is it required to rejet if you take out the disk ?

02-07-2002, 05:42 AM
hey you should have got an warrior you would have been better off .. 300ex are slow and ugly and they are no better and yamaha in any way if you are a good driver.

sorry for you lost man to bad you paid 800 dollars for an system that dont help you bike out ... (honda 4 wheelers)

but if you had a yam you would gain a whole lot of horsepower...

by the way i say it is your tires you may want to consider trading it for a warrior or a Mojave or something i wouldnt have a 300ex they are small and underpowered

Scott
02-07-2002, 06:34 AM
Thank you crackhead bob.

I guess I shouldn't say that, but did you intentionally come here from bluetraxx to try to cause trouble?

Unless you're running wide open where the Warrior can use 6th gear, a 300 will have no problem staying with and in front of a warrior. I used to ride a warrior, now I have a 300. I decided I would rather be able to turn and go around all the trees instead of slamming straight into them. The warrior pushes the front end like a bulldozer. Always has. Yamaha has never changed anything to improve it's handling. And I spent a lot more on maintenance for the Yamaha than I have the Honda. I like reliability. So I ride red.

02-07-2002, 07:19 AM
its not my fault you can not handle the power of the warrior

Scott
02-07-2002, 07:22 AM
Power is not an issue with a warrior.

Handling is a bit of a concern though.

I just sold a Wolverine that my wife had. One thing that amazed me was how as a full time 4x4 it didn't push any more than a normal Warrior did. Doesn't say much for the handling of the Warrior.

There's a couple things that you'll never feel while riding a warrior compared to a 300ex. One would be turning a corner and having the front tires bite so much that you can pull the quad up on two wheels. Another would be describing the feeling of riding it as "light" or "easy to throw around". Another would be the feeling of winning a race through the woods against a Honda. Or a motocross track. Or...

I also don't want to have to get a second job to pay for all the parts and repairs for a Warrior. Other than the tires, suspension, reliability, weight, handling, I guess I'd say it's a great bike...

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 02:15 PM
hey where did the warrior come from ?? oh well i am out side with my 300ex right now ... cleaned the air filter and just got done changing the oil now i am about to take some disk out

it shouldnt hurt anything should it ?/

cause i dont have any of that creme stuff to put on the bolts that you guys said that i needed but my dealer said it didnt come with the pipe and they didnt put any on it either so i guess that part would be ok woiuldnt it...

oh and another thing could i damage something while taking the disk out?? talk to you later try to reply as soon as you can

hotrodhonda400
02-07-2002, 05:00 PM
ok another thing you won't find or feel on the warrior is the feel of QUALITY ...as far as the jets go I didn't change ,but every bikes a little different and i depends how many you take out i'd say , I ran only 7 disks my pipe had a quiet core insert and i ran 3 disk before the quiet core and 4 after and it made a world of difference in the torque it made!!