PDA

View Full Version : Chad Duvall

Dunlap
10-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Call Maxxis!

Smokey
10-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Someone needs to LOCK this thread before there is a FIRE started that NOBODY can put out .

Pappy
10-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Someone needs to LOCK this thread before there is a FIRE started that NOBODY can put out .

dont worry....i have a big hose:bandit:

Doibugu2
10-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
dont worry....i have a big hose:bandit:

I'll just let you slide on that comment.

Pappy
10-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I'll just let you slide on that comment.

send "mom" over to verify:devil:

Doibugu2
10-10-2003, 04:28 PM
send "mom" over to verify:devil:

LMAO

Dunlap
10-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Smokey you need to say away from this!

chad duvall
10-10-2003, 07:30 PM
called, everything is fine in case anyone needs to know.
Thanks to all who cheered me on at the last race it meant alot! I look forward to the next race and a fun 2004 season.
Phone is ringing off the hook and i am very pumped as for my hole team is too.
Sorry if any questions have been un answered, but I really didnt mean to keep everyone in the dark.
As for the question about Barry at Iron man, I really dont see it happening. Randy was supposed to ride but he broke his thumb in two places at the last race so not sure if he will either.
Well just have to wait and see!

cdalejef
10-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by chad duvall
called, everything is fine in case anyone needs to know.
Thanks to all who cheered me on at the last race it meant alot! I look forward to the next race and a fun 2004 season.
Phone is ringing off the hook and i am very pumped as for my hole team is too.
Sorry if any questions have been un answered, but I really didnt mean to keep everyone in the dark.
As for the question about Barry at Iron man, I really dont see it happening. Randy was supposed to ride but he broke his thumb in two places at the last race so not sure if he will either.
Well just have to wait and see! LMAO....I heard about that bet. I'd love to see that happen! :D

660bigdaddy
10-10-2003, 09:20 PM
congrate chad on your victory and near overall. i guess that stock yfz has enough power to win with !!
btw, my son says thanks for the houser stickers.:D

lt250r91
10-11-2003, 09:36 PM
So Chad which tires are going to be mounted on the quad for Ironman, Holeshot or Razor?

And remember don't forget to wave still time when you past me if you get a chance. Still bummed that you didn't at Powerline after I hit a tree to get out of your way. Goodluck to everyone at the final round and I'll see you all there.

Dunlap
10-13-2003, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lt250r91
[B]So Chad which tires are going to be mounted on the quad for Ironman, Holeshot or Razor?

Chad will be on ITP tires, he did call Maxxis after they had tried to get ahold of him for the past 3 weeks. He said he was sorry for jumping ship with only 2 races to go, and it came down to a money thing. The only thing that made me mad is that I made sure that ALL the sponcers would take care of him the rest of the year so they would be able to use him in there win ads when he wins, but now Maxxis cant do that and after giving him over a 100 tires, thousands of dollars and spending tens of thousands on ads over the past two years they dont even get a phone call returned until after the fact. Maxxis has been real good about this and didnt hold me resposible for his actions,in fact they want to get started on next year right-a-way.

Smokey
10-13-2003, 08:07 AM
BET THAT WILL START THE FIRE MICK....

Dunlap
10-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Why would that start anything thats what happend and Chad called so everything is fine, even Chad said so. Everything is good so lets move on,right.

10-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lt250r91
[B]So Chad which tires are going to be mounted on the quad for Ironman, Holeshot or Razor?

Chad will be on ITP tires, he did call Maxxis after they had tried to get ahold of him for the past 3 weeks. He said he was sorry for jumping ship with only 2 races to go, and it came down to a money thing. The only thing that made me mad is that I made sure that ALL the sponcers would take care of him the rest of the year so they would be able to use him in there win ads when he wins, but now Maxxis cant do that and after giving him over a 100 tires, thousands of dollars and spending tens of thousands on ads over the past two years they dont even get a phone call returned until after the fact. Maxxis has been real good about this and didnt hold me resposible for his actions,in fact they want to get started on next year right-a-way.

Mickey, send me chads left over maxxis tires.. I"ll be more than happy to run them...:D

Dunlap
10-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Mickey, send me chads left over maxxis tires.. I"ll be more than happy to run them...:D Sorry but Chad kept any tires he had.

chad duvall
10-13-2003, 09:39 AM
sorry to the ones of you that enjoy reading anything about me or my riding. Because someone wont leave the politics to the phone calls. Its no longer fun to post so thanks to one person in general contact me by my personal email or phone. And to you mister dunlap if you would not have played this all out to being my fault, you pulled my contract and left ME hanging...I got my sponsors in line. Maybe you need to read the agreement we had that noone was at fault....Keep your bad mouthing to your self..like you said it is done and YOU need to MOVE on....This is WHY I DONT RIDE FOR YOU!!!! I AM IN IT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP, Not magazine articles!
BE a professional and leave me alone!
thank you Chad!

Pappy
10-13-2003, 09:53 AM
i smell smoke:eek:

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/argue.gif http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/chairshot.gif http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/twak.gif http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Dunlap
10-13-2003, 09:53 AM
There is no problem Chad. As Team Manager and owner, I gave you an ultimatum to do what I said or leave the team and you chose to leave. You left and I agreed with your leaving the team so it was a mutual agreement.

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 09:55 AM
i smell smoke:eek:

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/argue.gif http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/chairshot.gif http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/twak.gif http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

we may get to see how big that hose really is.

Pappy
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
we may get to see how big that hose really is.

you're too eager:blah:

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 10:01 AM
you're too eager:blah:

LMAO

If I can see it from here, :eek2: I'll have to give you your props.

quadman21
10-13-2003, 10:29 AM
sorry to the ones of you that enjoy reading anything about me or my riding. Because someone wont leave the politics to the phone calls. Its no longer fun to post so thanks to one person in general contact me by my personal email or phone. And to you mister dunlap if you would not have played this all out to being my fault, you pulled my contract and left ME hanging...I got my sponsors in line. Maybe you need to read the agreement we had that noone was at fault....Keep your bad mouthing to your self..like you said it is done and YOU need to MOVE on....This is WHY I DONT RIDE FOR YOU!!!! I AM IN IT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP, Not magazine articles!

Please Chad, do not stop posting here. I think it's pretty safe to say that all of us as riders look up to the pros. We admire your abilities and strive to be as good. You have a GOD giving talent to ride the heck out of a quad. It is YOU chad that we suppot, not your team regardless of who you ride for. I see no signs that say "go Four stroke Tech" or "go LRD". So please do not stop posting because of bad politics, post because we all like talking with you and you like talking with us. Don't let this someone cost us a great member!

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by quadman21
Please Chad, do not stop posting here. I think it's pretty safe to say that all of us as riders look up to the pros. We admire your abilities and strive to be as good. You have a GOD giving talent to ride the heck out of a quad. It is YOU chad that we suppot, not your team regardless of who you ride for. I see no signs that say "go Four stroke Tech" or "go LRD". So please do not stop posting because of bad politics, post because we all like talking with you and you like talking with us. Don't let this someone cost us a great member!

couldn't have said it better myself. Your input is very valuable to all of us.

10-13-2003, 11:07 AM
couldn't have said it better myself. Your input is very valuable to all of us.

Yuup I agree.

Chad, don't make me flip you off at the next race....:eek: ;)

jlhughes750
10-13-2003, 11:17 AM
I agree, stick around Chad!!!!!!

Its not to often we get to read the thoughts of a seasoned Pro GNCCer. I think i speak for everyone on here when i say we support YOU Chad. And i for one value your input more than some other peoples input. At the same time i respect your silence,positive or negative its still advertising. People can bash and flame all they want, some people like the attention i guess.;)

Anyhow, if u choose not to visit the sight anymore, good luck racin. BUT if u decide to stick around, let the MODS take care of this problem.(and they will i'm sure;) ) Then get back on here and tell us how to go faster. Having u on the site makes us loooosers and local fell important!!!!:D

later

cdalejef
10-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Ya Chad......I need some tips to move up to the next level! ;)

Dunlap
10-13-2003, 11:56 AM
See Chad - you don't have to leave. Everybody likes you on here. You made a mistake, you said you were sorry - no big deal, everybody makes mistakes. I don't hold anything against you and I don't think anybody on here does either.

Smokey
10-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Rico ,
Chad didnt have enough tires for the season , he had to get tires at Sparta off Jay Gobel so he could have good tires for that race .

Mickey,
I would say you made a mistake too you give up a championship for a photo shoot . Now you just need to leave Chad alone and let him race what he has . No matter what you will not ruin Chads reputation in the industry , can you guess whos has gotten hurt??So lets drop all this and live by your contract .

Everyone else ,
Send Chad Pm's and tell him how you feel I will pass the word through to him and he will check it . He has enjoyed this and anyone at the races should talk to him about it . DUVALL #1 to all his Fans, friends and Family .

AtvMxRider
10-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by quadman21

I couldn't have said that better myself. I personally think the words between Mickey and Chad should have been said in private and not drug out on here. I think that is very unprofessional IMO. Anyway Good luck Chad there is ALOT of people here behind you:) .

*$BlueFlash$*
10-13-2003, 03:19 PM
hey from what i have read on here, the one that should be sorry is FST for letting there one and only PRO rider go, on and off the track. i also agree with keeping it professional and i also feel from what i read on chads post he tried to keep it that way. there was once a one lap and chad made a choice to go with it even though several people ask him what he was doing. the word i got was because he wanted to advance the 4strokes and that would make a statement. i think it has and thats what someone should be thankful for. it helps us fellow riders get what atv'ers have deserved for years. because of that i am thanksful for him stepping up to the plate, thats what he is all about and NO one i feel can make me think less of him as a great PROFESSIONAL! Hey chad let us know what that ride is for next year, I hear it is awesone! Maybe after Indiana?
Keep it real and win indiana for us little people!:)

ranger400ex
10-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Somebody call Disneyland, the mouse strikes again........

Good job Chad, glad to see a rider keeping it about riding/and racing, not about all the $$ and limelight. Someone's time is coming soon, the orange tree is losing too many branches...and planted in bad soil. I am sure we will see you on a top team next year, and with some new fire!!!!!

PS I have an 03 blaze finally broke in...and it will be at Crawfordsville..I plan on talking to ya there, but if you need a ride, it is all yours... ride it like you stole it.....PS It will have no problems eating "orange" all day long:macho :D

Looks like I am gonna get my arse kicked again... owell. bring it!!

Ben

ranger400ex
10-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Good to see Chad knows how to apologize!!:D

ben

NTPRacing#19
10-13-2003, 06:23 PM
chad hold your own man and keep whoopin arse

chad duvall
10-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Right on fellow racers! Thanks for the support it helps to know so many people are behind me and I would like to continue to post new ideas and tech tips. Keepin it fun! Jeff congrats on your last race win and 8th overall. Keep on the gas! Ranger thanks for the offer it means alot!
And to all you for the great private emails I will remember them this weekend! It will keep a big smile on my face:D
After Indiana race I will try and fill you guys in on my new ride for 2004 it has been a very exciting week of phone calls! Things are happening fast. Or see me after the race;)
Any questions on my bike, I would be glad to share with you all! ( of course till you start chewing on my butt then I will shut up:p)
Thanks!

AtvMxRider
10-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Good luck Chad. Can't wait to hear what the new ride will be:) .

Ryan
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Right on fellow racers! Thanks for the support it helps to know so many people are behind me and I would like to continue to post new ideas and tech tips. Keepin it fun! Jeff congrats on your last race win and 8th overall. Keep on the gas! Ranger thanks for the offer it means alot!
And to all you for the great private emails I will remember them this weekend! It will keep a big smile on my face:D
After Indiana race I will try and fill you guys in on my new ride for 2004 it has been a very exciting week of phone calls! Things are happening fast. Or see me after the race;)
Any questions on my bike, I would be glad to share with you all! ( of course till you start chewing on my butt then I will shut up:p)
Thanks!

Glad to see you not stop posting ;) .

Good luck for the 04 season.

BTW, I gotta quick question about your quad. Well, in your opinion, what do you think the YFZ needs to be competitive in the gncc's for the average amature. How will the stock shocks do?

Thanks....

Dave400ex
10-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Good luck this weekend Chad. I hope to see you there on Saturday.

Legal250R
10-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Chad could well be the poster boy for an advertisement for a consumate professional. Not once have I heard Chad bad mouth Mickey and folks believe me Chad certainly had multiple reasons to be bitter. Rather than post little snippy emails, Chad did what he had to do to put together a quad on which he could continue to compete for the Pro-Production championship with less than two weeks notice. Not once has Chad had anything bad to say about Maxxis and I am certain that he will be complimentary of their tires should anyone ask his opinion on that subject. On the topic of Chad keeping left over Maxxis tires, like Smokey, I can verify that Chad had to get tires directly from Maxxis, not Mickey, for the Sparta, Ky race.

I probably know as much about the mutual decision made by Mickey and Chad to part ways as anyone outside the immediate Duvall racing family but I am not at liberty to disclose any details. Those of you who know Chad well can draw your own conclusions about what happened. Those of you who don't should get to know him better when the opportunity presents itself. You will not find anyone more approachable or down to earth than Chad. Take it to them at Indy Chad. We are with you.

gncc400exxx
10-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Legal250R
Take it to them at Indy Chad. We are with you.

I think we are all with Chad I know I am.

rowlrag
10-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Chad, don't leave, If you need anything to keep goin, there's alot of us individuals that would be more than happy to help you out.

bradley300
10-13-2003, 10:07 PM
yeah, you can ride rangers blaze, beat the hell out of it and give it back, and he'll have a smile on his face

hey ben, if chad dosent need it, can i take you up on that offer?:devil:

Smokey
10-14-2003, 12:21 AM
Nice to see ya join Legal250R . Thanks for posting that :D . Looks like everyone is behind Chad 200% and it also sounds like some one will be orange hunting this weekend . All I can say is WOW , I knew that Chad had ALOT of fans but till Powerline GNCC I really didnt know how many . Like I said before everyone get him PUMPED UP , Tell him before the race yell for him on the line when they yell 10 seconds lets hear a ROAR of Duvall FANS and let him know how bad everyone wants him to win . Alot of his sponsers will be at Indy so show them how well liked Chad is . If you know them tell them how professional you think he is .
Like legal250R said , if you dont know him and you get the chance JUMP ON IT....

ranger400ex
10-14-2003, 07:17 AM
Bradley....can you keep your hands off of it?? I have seen your handiwork....lol:D I think you borrow too many quads...how can you ever get the feel? I don't want it to end up off the side of the Ironman hill or run into Popo (I do enough running into Popo myself) lol JK. You don't have the ride back together yet?? Get to work son!!!!

anytime Chad..

Ben

See ya all friday morning....look for the duffy focker in the ranger!!!

bradley300
10-14-2003, 09:25 AM
how do i get the feel? im just that good ben!

the rebuild of the baddest 300ex ever starts monday, after i get my motor mounts from harlen this weekend.

sport class here i come, 04 baby oh yeah

RIDER11X
10-14-2003, 10:46 AM
BE a professional and leave me alone!
thank you Chad!
There is no need to stop posting here Chad, if there is someone that has a problem with your decisions then that is truely their problem that they must deal with on their own. Don't let that stop you from being a part of a group such as EXRiders that appreciates your input and has so many members that look up to you. I am not taking sides on this, but I have been a long time fan of you and Barry Hawk for many years, and value the the opinions of both of you. Hope to see you on the site for a long time to come! I'm sure many others feel the same way. :cool:

10-14-2003, 11:49 AM
I see lots of flaming about to take place as if it hasn't already. I reported this thread to Harlen and asked him to check it out and if he thinks it should remain open then he'll reopen it. I respect both Mickey and Chad and hate to see either party's name drug thru the mud..:cool: