PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Stock exhaust Mod

96300ex
02-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Is the 300ex exhaust set up similar to the 400ex? I wanted to that mod on the stock exhaust but I don't want to cut it open unless i know i can do something with it. Anybody know any stock 300ex pipe mods short of gutting the exhaust or drilling holes? thanks.

330EXman
02-04-2002, 06:55 PM
hey man i did this mod until i got my LRD full exhaust system. on the 300ex there is a spark arrester and that is the part of the muffler that sticks out the back. the spark arrester is a waste (unless you ride in a woods coarse or fire sencitive area )and can be removed very easily. simpily take a hach saw or air powered wiz wheel and cut that section off (where the muffler gets skinny at the end) there will be a couple of spiral baffles you can see as soon as you cut that. you ca leave these in there or take them out. i took them out and it is louder but not overly loud. this is a great easy way to improve the 300ex. note: the spiral baffles are a bit hard to get out but only require allitle work

96300ex
02-04-2002, 07:00 PM
I pulled my spark arrestor out but left the end section on there. it looks stock until you realize that the hole is 3" instead of 3/4" lol.