PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy Oct. 18-19th

Jeffksf
10-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Myself and a few others will be staying at Logan Motorlodge Fri. and Sat. night. Anyone going to be around that weekend also? Or anyone looking to caravan down from N.E. Ohio leave a reply.

Motoman440
10-09-2003, 05:15 AM
I am always at the H/M system. Riding there with the CannondaleRiders.com group on Thursday the 16th and would like to hook up with your gang on Saturday the 18th. Let me know what trail head or I can just meet you at the Logan Motorlodge around 9:00 a.m. and we'll go from there. Hope you don't mind the self-invitation but when I see a post on people going to the H/M system I always like to ask and see if they care if I tag along. Let me know.

Jeffksf
10-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Hey we'd love to have a "local" with us, help show us around, 2 of us have only been there 1 time (last year). We plan on running Bearwallow on Sat. and Rockhouse Sun. morning. We probably won't set times yet, but 9:00 AM sounds about right. We'll have cell phones if you want a number. We will have 2 yellow Zs, one EX, and a KX 500, as of right now. A blue Avalanche pulling a single axle landscape type trailer and a red Ford Ranger with a small trailer.

Motoman440
10-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Sounds good. PM me your cell number and I will touch base with you on Friday evening. I was on Bearwallow just a week ago and they have smoothed out some of the trail sections. It is extremly fast and fun!!!!

GhostRyder - are ya up for this???

10-09-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Sounds good. PM me your cell number and I will touch base with you on Friday evening. I was on Bearwallow just a week ago and they have smoothed out some of the trail sections. It is extremly fast and fun!!!!

GhostRyder - are ya up for this???

Keep your eye's on this motoman guy...:o

Motoman440
10-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Keep your eye's on this motoman guy...:o

Don't worry, he-he-he, I'm safe!!! Rico's just mad cause he don't live in WV with me, Taco and K2 and can ride these trails whenever we want. :D

Rico, by the way, LMAO at your new avatar!!!!

JWOC14
10-09-2003, 04:57 PM
a bunch of people from where i live are wanting to ride the hatfield and mccoy trails. we cant go on the 18-19 trip, but let me know when you all well be up their next.

Motoman440
10-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by JWOC14
a bunch of people from where i live are wanting to ride the hatfield and mccoy trails. we cant go on the 18-19 trip, but let me know when you all well be up their next.

I'm always at the H/M system. Let me know when your wanting to go and I'll be there.:D

Taco
10-09-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm always at the H/M system. Let me know when your wanting to go and I'll be there.:D STALKER!!!!!:D

Motoman440
10-10-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Taco
STALKER!!!!!:D

:grr: :mad: I am a sociable type rider!!!!:D

Taco
10-10-2003, 06:02 AM
:grr: :mad: I am a sociable type rider!!!!:D Gimme a holla some Saturday and we can ride some more before it gets all cold. Wanna go to Wagon Wheel next weekend????

Motoman440
10-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Gimme a holla some Saturday and we can ride some more before it gets all cold. Wanna go to Wagon Wheel next weekend????

Man, that sounds good but it looks like I'm gonna hook up with Jeffksf and his group on Saturday the 18th at Bearwallow. If ya wanna do that, as ususal, you are more than welcome to go!!! K2 may go depending on if his string is hangin out or not. Saturday the 25th would be good though. My current schedule is Reno on Monday the 13th, C-Dale riders on Thursday the 16th and Jeffksf and group on Saturday the 18th. I may have to go back to work someday.:D

Taco
10-10-2003, 06:38 AM
I may be able to do the 25th.

Motoman440
10-10-2003, 06:44 AM
I may be able to do the 25th.

Just let me know.

DMS
10-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey guys whats up. Looking foreward to riding with ya Motoman 440. I'm very excited about riding Hatfield for the first time. From what it sounds like, I'll be lovin life down there. Whoo hoo! :D

Brian

Taco
10-10-2003, 09:59 PM
I hope you guys don't wanna go fast cause motoman is old, slow and decrepid:D :blah: :macho

Motoman440
10-11-2003, 04:23 AM
I hope you guys don't wanna go fast cause motoman is old, slow and decrepid:D :blah: :macho

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: How would you know, you've never been able to keep up!!!!:D Plus, I thought you had to be nice to all us old farts now??? You young whippersnappers with ya fancy fo wheelas.:rolleyes:

Jaybr
10-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Motoman,

so you blowing us off on Saturday?:o

Motoman440
10-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Jaybr
Motoman,

so you blowing us off on Saturday?:o

No, I not blowing anybody off. I was gonna see if you guys wanted to ride at Bearwallow on Saturday as well. These were some sweet trails last time I rode them. I'm still not 100% sure I can ride on Saturday though. My father is moving into a new home on the 15th and depending on how that goes I may have to help him finish up on Saturday the 18th. Thats what I did all day today was move clothes, furniture, lamps etc. for him. Now I am exhausted and I'am supposed to go riding tomorrow. Anyway, I'll know more on Wednesday evening.

k2-dawg
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
No, I not blowing anybody off. I was gonna see if you guys wanted to ride at Bearwallow on Saturday as well. These were some sweet trails last time I rode them. I'm still not 100% sure I can ride on Saturday though. My father is moving into a new home on the 15th and depending on how that goes I may have to help him finish up on Saturday the 18th. Thats what I did all day today was move clothes, furniture, lamps etc. for him. Now I am exhausted and I'am supposed to go riding tomorrow. Anyway, I'll know more on Wednesday evening.

PUTHY. :devil:

k2-dawg
10-12-2003, 07:37 PM
My string comes out only when I get too far in front so you can follow......:blah: :devil:

Jaybr
10-12-2003, 08:11 PM

I was just kidding, I think these are the same crew that posted over on Cannondaleriders and we where all gonna hookup anyway.

Resq
10-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DMS
Hey guys whats up. Looking foreward to riding with ya Motoman 440. I'm very excited about riding Hatfield for the first time. From what it sounds like, I'll be lovin life down there. Whoo hoo! :D

Brian

Better have some tire patches or another set of tires for bear wallow. LOL That area has lots of freakin' sharp rocks!

Moto, send me your addy, I have a tape for you!

Later,
R.

Jeffksf
10-13-2003, 01:43 PM
We are bringing plenty of spare rubber, plug kits, Co2 inflater kit. And hopefully that will be enough:rolleyes:

Taco
10-13-2003, 05:47 PM
run about 6psi in your back tires and around7 in your fronts. I have yet to have a flat at bearwallow with this setup.

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 05:49 PM
run about 6psi in your back tires and around7 in your fronts. I have yet to have a flat at bearwallow with this setup.

Hey did you ever do that breaklight mod?

k2-dawg
10-13-2003, 05:59 PM
Here's the lastest news boys..... Motoman will not show up for the ride. Here's why.....

Cracked his swing arm. Boo Hoo Hoo.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce32b3127cce80506012c3790000001610

Taco
10-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Hey did you ever do that breaklight mod? Yea i gotta kit off ebay, its been on there for a few months. the rear switch was sticking so i took the spring off and then lost the spring:( but its all still wired up.

AtvMxRider
10-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Yea i gotta kit off ebay, its been on there for a few months. the rear switch was sticking so i took the spring off and then lost the spring:( but its all still wired up.

How much was the kit?

Taco
10-13-2003, 06:29 PM
like 30 bucks or something

AtvMxRider
10-13-2003, 07:14 PM
like 30 bucks or something

Was it hard to install? No wait, you installed it so it can't be that hard........:p

Motoman440
10-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Cracked my swingarm yesterday at Reno. Looks like I am going to be down for awhile until I can either fix it or replace it. This thing is cracked all the way around. Does anyone know if you have it welded will it effect the strength of it or should I just replace it with a new one???

Taco, as you always say, "It's always something with you"!!! LOL!!! Maybe one of these days I'll have a quad that doesn't break after every ride.

Taco
10-14-2003, 06:38 AM
You can weld it for a temporary fix but it will be weaker and aluminum is a pain to get welded. If your wanting to ride I'd go that route and be saving up for a new swingarm. And it is always something with you :D

10-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Cracked my swingarm yesterday at Reno. Looks like I am going to be down for awhile until I can either fix it or replace it. This thing is cracked all the way around. Does anyone know if you have it welded will it effect the strength of it or should I just replace it with a new one???

Taco, as you always say, "It's always something with you"!!! LOL!!! Maybe one of these days I'll have a quad that doesn't break after every ride.

LEttin people borrow the quad again huh Dewey?? After seein you ride like a girly mon there's no way you broke it...:devil:

Jeffksf
10-14-2003, 10:52 AM
So no locals to hook up with then?:(

Motoman440
10-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Rico
LEttin people borrow the quad again huh Dewey?? After seein you ride like a girly mon there's no way you broke it...:devil:

U iz kiken a mon n da dirt pilzes winz hez downz!!!:mad: :grr: Yeah, I let monkeyboy ride it and thats how he gave it back to me!!! Can you believe dat chit!!!!:D

Motoman440
10-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jeffksf
So no locals to hook up with then?:(

I'm still workin on this issue. There is a slight chance pending dad's move that I still can make it Saturday and the C-Dale guys should be there as well. Believe me, this chit sucks!!!!

AtvMxRider
10-14-2003, 04:16 PM
You can weld it for a temporary fix but it will be weaker and aluminum is a pain to get welded. If your wanting to ride I'd go that route and be saving up for a new swingarm. And it is always something with you :D

Taco's right the swingarm is made os cast aluminum and it's a ***** to weld. You would be better off looking for a used swingarm or get a aftermarket one.

Motocox
10-15-2003, 06:25 AM
We will be at the Logan Motor Lodge Friday and Saturday nights. Silver Dodge Diesel pulling an enclosed with "Cox Boys Cycles" on the side. We are on dirt bikes this weekend, so if you think you can keep up, come find us.

Jeffksf
10-15-2003, 06:36 AM
I'll look for you, I'm sure we won't miss ya in that parking lot:rolleyes:

Motoman440
10-15-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Motocox
We will be at the Logan Motor Lodge Friday and Saturday nights. Silver Dodge Diesel pulling an enclosed with "Cox Boys Cycles" on the side. We are on dirt bikes this weekend, so if you think you can keep up, come find us.

Hmmmm, sounds like a race??? I hope to be there, still questionable. :(

Jeffksf
10-16-2003, 06:48 AM
Hey change in plans: We will be going to Rockhouse Sat. and eithere BW or Buffalo on Sun. Morning. I must've misunderstood my buddy when he explained our plans. Hope to still see some of you folks.
Jeff

trailhouseowner
10-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Stop by and see us at Browning Fork Trailhouse. We are right off of Trail 12 in the Gilbert area. I would love to have you guys check my lodging units!!

kwatts400
10-24-2003, 12:18 AM
I was down there this past weekend, what an awesome place to ride. We rode the rockhouse trails Fri. to Sun. It would have been hard to miss us, we had 2 of the 3 250r's that I saw the entire time we were there. If it wasn't for the 9 1/2 hour drive, I'd go more often, but this will probably turn into a twice a year trip. Everyone we met was more then helpfull w/questions that we had. A few even offered to take us to other places than the h/m trails. I don't know how smart that wouldv'e been, but it was a great time anyway. Hopefully the next time we are there we will meet up w/ some of you guys to ride the trails with.

trailhouseowner
10-24-2003, 06:08 AM
I do not recommend off trail riding. If you are caught off the trails you can pay a hefty fine!!

trailhouseowner
10-24-2003, 06:09 AM
By the way, I am glad you had a good time!!