PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Instructions

EXrider03
10-08-2003, 06:55 PM
I have a 400ex and I am about to shave the fenders...I need some instructions on where to cut and what to cut with... I REALLY dont want to mess my fenders up and I want it to look good as possible. I dont race, and I dont ride mud so it doesnt make a difference to me! Thanks

ridered03
10-08-2003, 08:52 PM
there is many different ways to doing it, but what i did is take electrical tape and make your lines where you want on your fenders move it around several places, see where u like itthen take a dry erase markerand trace the inner edge of the tape then remove the tape.
For cutting there is several tools to use you can use a dremal, or i just used a jigg saw with a fine tooth blade on it.
After you cut them off take a light to medium grit sand paper to round the edge off.
and if you want the the edge to be smooth run a tourch alog the edge of the fender, DO NOT HOLD THE TOURCH IN ONE SPOT FOR LONG AT ALL!!!!. The plastic will ture black and start to melt before you know it so use caution if you use the torch!!

EXrider03
10-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks...I only have an HMF exhaust and MOOSE Racing Handlebars, so I dont want them to look weird...Any pics possible would help!

10-09-2003, 08:26 AM
put on shavin cream first,,don't do it dry...:eek2:

Jeffksf
10-09-2003, 09:30 AM
^^^^^^ Thats what I was thinking? ^^^^^^^^^

Remember don't go against the grain of your whiskers.

dirtmomma
10-09-2003, 09:45 AM
There was a article in DW this month about shaving fenders. We just eyed it on my 300, then we cut them w/ a jig saw. It actually worked out good, after cutting we took a razor blade & smoothed out the edges!! Good luck:)