PDA

View Full Version : Airbox Lid Question on 400

AAAirbooorn
10-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Yeah, if I take off the lid , that will make the air/fuel mix leaner, right ? Is there any way to make it richer without rejetting like turning out the pilot screw? If so ,how muchshould I turn it out?.......thanks

Tom

10-08-2003, 04:18 PM
taking the lid off makes u get more air in the engine making u need to get more gas...so u would need to go up on ur jetting to compensate for this...to make the fuel/air mixture even...it makes u faster in non technicall terms...so y would u want it to be richer...if u want richer go up on ur jets...or take a bit off on the air screw

AAAirbooorn
10-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
...or take a bit off on the air screw

.........you mean shut down the air screw or open it up?........ I have already dropped the clip on the jet needle one notch.

cals400ex
10-11-2003, 01:14 AM
turning the fuel skrew out will only richen up your idle to 1/8 throttle positions. i would put in a 150 mainjet and you should be fine. changing the mainjet only takes less than 5 minutes. however, it is probally a good idea to turn the fuel skrew out 3.5 turns or put in a bigger pilot jet as the 400ex's run lean from the factory as is.

here is a jetting link:

www.exriders.com/techarticles/jetting.html

AAAirbooorn
10-13-2003, 02:41 AM
Allright, thanks, that's what I'm gonna do. Now if I could shave off about 50 lbs. off the bike , I'd be good to go.;)