PDA

View Full Version : GPR Steering Stabalizer!!!

400MXer
02-04-2002, 05:27 PM
What's the deal with these things. Are they worth the 325 bones they cost. How do they attach? do they work better than a denton, or pep?

400MXer
02-04-2002, 08:50 PM
CORRECTION......it's almost $400

What's so special about this thing. Doug echinor uses it on his 440EMX

02-04-2002, 08:58 PM
they can be switched to machines by using different adapters i belive

400MXer
02-04-2002, 09:09 PM
that's why they are $400. jk

Blackguywithouta400
02-05-2002, 12:16 AM
Scotts all the way:D

Blackguywithouta400
02-05-2002, 12:21 AM
Damper was off my F4 called and ordered the mount 135$
Mount and damper for the street bike was like 500$ I had Titanium mounts :) This thing is the best all out piece ive added, when at the dunes it makes it so easy to run 100% because the bike goes right where u want it. Just think of the last time you were in 3rd or higher going down a dirt road or something and you hit a little puddle in the road you feel the quad pull to that side a little or snap some with the damper its gone. U can set it so many ways it will boggle your mind. I love mine and it will follow every ride i have that scotts makes a mount for anyways.

MOOCAZEN
02-05-2002, 08:24 AM
i got a friend sponsored by gpr and duncan, he usually runs the mexican series races and the score and code races, he's gone thru 3 gpr stabilizers, get a scotss, a little more expensive, but worth it and you can switch to any bike, the gpr you cant and they break alot, the only problem with the scotts that has now been fixed was that the knobs kept on falling off

Scott
02-05-2002, 08:42 AM
How does that work any better than the $130 denton/pep/muscle? Only difference I see is where they mount. Your $500 mounts at the clamp, the denton/pep/muscle all mount at the base of the steering stem. If we want to transfer ours to a different machine, we unbolt it and bolt it on to the new machine, no brackets to buy. Yours is 6 position adjustable, so's mine. Mine's rebuildable, is yours? Mine won't cost me $130 to rebuild. I'm not trying to flame, I just want to understand what is somuch better that I would want to spend $500 plus another $135 for the mount instead of just the $130 for the style I have now.

Blackguywithouta400
02-05-2002, 09:33 AM
I am not flaming here at all just pointing out features if I had not had a Scott’s laying around I probably would have not went out and bought one for my quad for the type of riding I do. I don’t get to ride in real open areas so I don’t get the 100% benefit from the Scott’s all the time. Here are the features that it has.
· It is the only Stabilizer with three fully adjustable circuits.
· It is the only Stabilizer that has an adjustable damping control that allows you to adjust it while riding.
· It is the only Stabilizer that allows you to adjust the amount of degrees of damping you want from centerline.
· It is the only Stabilizer that has a "High Speed Circuit" designed to absorb those sharp edged jolts.
· It is the only Stabilizer that successfully works for every type of off-road application... including Motocross.

Scott
02-05-2002, 11:08 AM
I guess it's one of those things that I'd have to feel the difference before I could justify spending that kind of cash. That would buy works shocks for the front of my quad, which I know would improve the ride. And I'm just a woods guy, not a freestyle, sic air guy.

The denton/pep/muscle allow you to change settings as you ride too, depending on how the owner mounts them. Mine runs parallel to the frame rails of the quad andI can reach it while I'm on the seat. I haven't found a need to adjust it while I was riding yet though...

Blackguywithouta400
02-05-2002, 11:27 AM
I would never buy a scotts new :) there to expensive i would check all the sport bike web sites that have classifieds because people see them for around 200$ then u can get t he bracket for what ever u want to mount it on, then your all set, it costs like 60$ to have them rebuild it.

400MXer
02-05-2002, 12:04 PM
Yeah, i think i'll buy a PEP when i'm ready to get one!!!!!!!!!!!!