PDA

View Full Version : Has N E 1 tried putting studs on stock 400ex rears?

AAAirbooorn
10-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Thinking snow.......

AAAirbooorn
10-09-2003, 06:45 PM
bumpster

hondarider2006
10-09-2003, 07:24 PM
my neighbor did, and he used small ruffing screws. I don't have stock rears, but I am going to stud my tires this winter, rear and front. I was worried about the front one though, they are stock....and I have race cut fenders...I don't really feel like getting hit with flying screws:( can someone that has studded front tires please tell me if a lot of them flew out, or did they stay in pretty good? and what kind of stud did they use? thanks in advance.

skemp
10-09-2003, 07:52 PM
I would be more worried about a meteorite hitting me than screws hitting me. :p I really wouldn't worry about it. I have only lost a few screws in the past couple years and they didn't hit me.

The stock tires are a bit soft however, so the screws will be a bit more prone to pulling out. I use hard rubber tires for ice racing. For general riding in the winter, I don't use studded tires. Razrs and Holeshots work well for packed snow like that found on a trail.

silverbullet300
10-09-2003, 08:42 PM
there is a bit of difference between studs and ice srews if ur looking to stud then ur looking at about half inch spikes, if i was u i would call a snowmobile dealer and tell them that u want some tread screws for a snowmobile, which will work in ur stock tires if they are pretty new. we use the studs in dirt drags and put those in radial tires, but like i said i would go with the screws they work pretty good in the dirt drags for me, dont know what they would be like in snow, but if u would like have a set of studs i can get a # that u can call and get a set. oh yeah the studs work best in stock tires