PDA

View Full Version : need more power out of my 400EX....

flyin_high
10-07-2003, 05:26 PM
hey guys, im from new brunswick Canada, i have a 2003 honda 400 ex and am getting tired of the power tha it has now, what can i do right quick to get the power to boost rapidly, hot cam make any difrence in my favour??? anyone have any ideas im open to all of em, and i was wondering in canadian funds how much the black racing fenders are for the 400EX's..2003 from maier... thanks alot boys. later.

10-07-2003, 05:29 PM
depends what kinda power u r looking for...but ur best choice for the least amount of money would be exaughst...jets...and a air filter...along with a sparks ignition advance key...that would be the best for the cheapest...just depends on what u r willing to spend...and hotcams are good...but u would want exaughst and some other mods before you stick a cam in

flyin_high
10-07-2003, 05:34 PM
heres what i have on my bike so far.....
-supertrapp ids-2 exaust.
-dynojet carb kit

would the k and n filtercharger make more difrence for me also??
ive ben wondering now about the hotcam, i see its 209.00 in the royal distributing catalog....would that make a real noticeable diffrence from the get go????

10-07-2003, 05:38 PM
i would say buy the K&N filter with an outerwear first...then maybe get a high comp piston next or bore out....then maybe stick in a cam...but if you wanted you could stick the hotcam in after the filter...but i would rather do the high comp piston and bore first...and depends on wether u r talkin about the stage 1 or 2 hotcam...the stage 1 i heard was a pos and doesn't really do what its supposed to do...but then again ive heard that it is a great cam for the price and gives great torque...the stage 2 is what i use and if u were to use it i would recommend the high comp piston before it or u may lose some low end...the stage 2 cam gives a great ammount of power up top...its like goin from sitting still to 50mph...your riding along and you get on it and it just pulls all the way up :D :devil: :macho

flyin_high
10-07-2003, 05:46 PM
thats sounding prety sweet to me. man... i dunno what im gonna do to it next, where i live im gonna be getting snow here anytime so its kinda ****ty really. so away my bike will go till the spring time. i really would like to get some aftermarket race fenders for it tho, are the black 400EX fenders by maier, do they make the 400 look good? do ay know the price on those fenders or any racing style fenders in general. i love the racing style fenders with the cut back front fenders, gives er a nice look to the front.

10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
the black fenders are awsome...and in american dollars the rear and front together are around $150-$200 i am pretty sure...just go to www.mair-mfg.com and check out the prices on the plastic u r looking for

flyin_high
10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
man i just read what ya got on yur bike, frig that thing must fly, what can ya get out of it for speed, mph??? must move. yah i would love to get the black racing fenders for my bike, i would like to mkae it diffrent from the rest, do yu have any pics of a 400ex with the black racing fenders on it???

10-07-2003, 05:58 PM
ya my bike is pretty fast :D ...they have the pics of a 400ex with black fenders on maiers site...just go there and start clicking the colors till u find 1 with black plastic...it looks AWSOME...i wanted to get some myself but i decided just to stick with my normal plastic and not waste the $$$