PDA

View Full Version : Getting outfitted with gear

Dex
10-07-2003, 02:11 PM
I am looking into starting motocross racing next spring but need to get some more gear first some I am going to buy and some I am going to hit people up for christmas to get. Currently I am looking at the Thor Core 5 pants, gloves and jersey. HJC fuel or static helmet, Fox Extreme elbow guards, MSR V top Knee guards, Fox Black belt Kidney belt and Scott High Voltage. I used to have all this gear when I was a kid but havent had any in a few years right now all I got is a THH full face helmet and work boots for gear
However when practicing it seems I am crashing a couple times each time
(I ride at the limit at I seem to be improving because I can go way faster and jump way higher everytime and I dont just go to 1 place over and over I go to 5 or 6 places go to about 4 a week)
Anyways point is I need some gear I cant go a full week without a limp or bruises and cuts all over me. Luckily I havent broken any bones yet this year but dont want to start as some of my crashes are quite violent (I need new decals, fenders and shrouds but not until race season cause they dont last long since I dont just ride on pure top soil or sand tracks)

THanks for your suggestions or experience with the items I listed I already have Answer Team 2 Boots ordered (my feet are still growing didnt want to get expensive Garene, SIdi or Alpine Stars boots that I would outgrow)

knighttime
10-07-2003, 02:14 PM
try some of that:huh

Dex
10-07-2003, 02:29 PM
I actually work construction during the summer and on weekends and any days i have off school cept for holidays and do wear Carharts or jeans I actually have my carharts ruined the legs I torn pretty bad so now I am wearing jeans again but I want real motocross gear something that keeps my body from taking so much abuse plus I would look a little out of place in a motocross race wearing jeans and a t-shirt with work boots while everyone else has like 1500 dollars worth of gear and like 500 dollar boots.
I earn a pretty good wage for my age and want to get top quality gear with the exception of the ****ty boots I ordered but they are better than work boots but I am not buying 400 dollar boots every 3 months as I outgrow them.

robcat7
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
I have been really satisfied with Moose Racing Gear. Their website is www.mooseracing.com

DEAL
10-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Answer.
Pro cycle seems to be the best with prices for riding gear around here.

Dex
10-07-2003, 02:47 PM
try to be speicfic as possible like instead of just the brand what items you had or have that are really good from the brand and what model they are

DEAL
10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
all my gear is 3 years old.
I got a pair of answer pants I used maybe 4 times I will sell you, They should fit unless your over 6 feet tall.

robcat7
10-07-2003, 03:06 PM
I've had the XCR pants & XCR Jersey which fit good. The pants has a high back so it prevents "Monkey Butt".
I always use the Sierra Jersey when the weather is cookin'. It allows alot of air flow. The chest protector is nothing fancy for looks, but has good protection.

honda250xrider
10-07-2003, 03:35 PM
i like aplinestars boots... the tech 8's run around 300$........ very nice boots though! and i would also get some thor pants and thor jersey which would cost around 200$, also i would find whatever glove fits you the most comfortably.

robcat7
10-08-2003, 07:35 AM
I have 2003 Moose gear for sale.

Check it out.

http://robcat70.tripod.com/

Dex
10-09-2003, 03:31 AM
:D I would look some funny wearing your gear I am just a little fart teenage MX (the original dirt bike kind not on quads) racer Im like 5'5 with a 28 inch waste I would look like I was wearing a tent in XXL gear. I can just see myself now I would look like dopey with my jersey sleeves dragging on the ground :huh

I need 28 pants and a medium or small jersey with a small helmet. Your gear is a good deal tho. THats why I go on these quad forums they are loaded with people and there is always someone that has what you are looking for.