PDA

View Full Version : tips for getting 300ex motor back in frame

bradley300
10-07-2003, 08:05 AM
any tips? i know its a pain in the *****, but is there anything i can do to make it easier? right now its just a bare frame

4TraxRider
10-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Have another person around to hold the frame or engine while putting it in, makes it a lot easier. Make sure everything is super clean too.

10-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Bradley you definitlyl need to wrap bubble wrap or rags around the bottom of the frame so you don't scratch up that fancy new PC job. You doin this at home or the shop??? I might be ablt to give you a hand if ya need it....:macho

300expower
10-07-2003, 02:37 PM
a couple of beer and 2 or 3 friends, you should be able to do this!

when i put my motor back, i put the rear end first and then twisted it clock wise, i entered it by the right side when sitting on the bike. we were 2 boys , 4 hands and 10 finger to do that, and they all finished hurted. watch out you'll find its heavy!

300exazzkikr
10-07-2003, 08:20 PM
It's not that bad, you gotta twist it a little. I put a 350x motor in that little 300 frame by myself, you should be able to put the tiny little 300 motor in with no problem. A second set of hands would be really helpful though.

bradley300
10-07-2003, 09:06 PM
rico, i thought i try it at my house since jeffs seems pretty busy. i'll just take it up to him when i break my fingers and start cussin'

MOFO
10-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Rico, give this boy a hand... that frame is too nice to get scratched up.....

...someone help Bradley out!!!

:D

Live2Ride300
10-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Comon, muscle that thing in there! Try going in from the left side of the frame. I found it easy to do it this way, I did it by myself too. Watch out for the new shiny pc!

nj300exr
10-19-2003, 06:39 AM
put it in from the left side, then go in ed first and yagotta tilt it forwar ad and twist a lil. also make sure you takeoff the motor mounts on the front of theframe and the one on the bottm left front. too kake it even easeir just take the head head and put it in wiht out te hed

hondapunk
10-19-2003, 08:57 AM
If its just a bare frame get it in there a lil then stand over the frame and get your hands on both sides of the motor. Its easier to pick it up and get it in there that way. Its not really that hard. Maybe its just cuz i do it a lot.:p Good Luck

josh
10-19-2003, 02:03 PM
left side and make sure those motor mounts are taken off, i normally just get a few extra hands and ease the top in first following the big bottom.......a little patience and AT LEAST put some newspaper or paper towel at the least to keep the new PC unscratched, it's not that hard once u get the hang of it, just try some different angles from the left and keep wigglin around to find the right path, have fun:D

bradley300
10-19-2003, 07:10 PM
i dont want to "get the hang of it"

if this motor need out again, the whole quads gonna move to the classifieds

300exQuadracer
10-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Bradley you definitlyl need to wrap bubble wrap or rags around the bottom of the frame so you don't scratch up that fancy new PC job.

and make shure its on there good cause i put 2 nice scratches in my pc where the tape came undone, you couldnt see the untill you got real close but it made me a lil mad that i spent all that money to put 2 nice scratches in it a day later
but yea have a buddy help ya i tried for 10 min myself and had a friend come help we had it in in under a minute i bet

TheX1992
10-20-2003, 07:14 PM
i put mine in yesterday and i went head first from the right.i just angled the head down, slid it in, then pivoted it around from there. slides right in