PDA

View Full Version : back flip was tried this weekend on quad!!!

cdalejef
10-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Ranger400ex tried the backflip on his Cannondale this weekend!!! See the pic attached

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=03VE00G1070010&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

Pappy
10-06-2003, 08:47 PM
lmfao:devil: poor ben:D

batgeek
10-06-2003, 08:53 PM
ouch :(

JOEX
10-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Hope the track was soft!:eek:

Joe

Glow Plug
10-06-2003, 09:04 PM
lol, nice picture :D

sickmojave
10-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
lol, nice picture :D

of what? his skid plates? LOL ;)

oldsandman
10-06-2003, 09:08 PM
ouch:(

Glow Plug
10-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
of what? his skid plates? LOL ;)

it always nice to see some skid plates lol

Flip)(stick
10-06-2003, 09:42 PM
What are you guys talking about?!?!?!? pff, he is totally trying to find his lucky penny he musta droped..

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-06-2003, 09:49 PM
doesnt look like he was sucessful:huh :eek:

Flip)(stick
10-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Yea, it prolly sunk into that darn mud, so he decided to take a quick nap..

popo
10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Proves one thing. Chest protectors are worth their weight in gold.

Ben’s was shattered in two places avoiding a crushed sternum.

He got back on the horse and finished. Way to go Kenda boy!

JOEX
10-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by popo
Proves one thing. Chest protectors are worth their weight in gold.

Ben’s was shattered in two places avoiding a crushed sternum.

He got back on the horse and finished. Way to go Kenda boy!
I'll agree to that! I bought one this year and I belive it saved me some pain after a turn over:o :)

Joe

Meek
10-06-2003, 11:10 PM
I think he needs a little more rotation.

rowlrag
10-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Uh.... no comment

Braff1
10-07-2003, 02:44 AM
What Ben is trying to do is remind us that October is National Fire Safety Month and that in the event you should flip your ATV while racing and might be on fire to drop and roll till the flames are out.

465Stroker
10-07-2003, 04:19 AM
Damn Ben your right - Those Kenda really do hook up!:eek:

SLB400EX
10-07-2003, 06:02 AM
:eek2:

That was painful to just watch...

Taco
10-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
Damn Ben your right - Those Kenda really do hook up!:eek: LMAO you took the words right outta my mouth:D :blah:

SLB400EX
10-07-2003, 06:52 AM
In the afternoon race, there was a young guy lined up in the third or fourth row(I think), on a red quad(cannondale??), w/ quadshop.com stickers on the side panels. He lined up,kinda away from the rest of the racers, taking the far outside line. He flipped in the first turn.. :(
Not much to go on, I know..but --- Who was that???
I was asking atvchik and popo "who is that" a good bit Sat(and at the PA race)..but I didn't ask who that particular fella was...

Thanks...Sher

spincr4hire
10-07-2003, 07:34 AM
way to get back on that horse, Ben!!
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=03VE00G1070011&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1&d=0

10-07-2003, 07:40 AM
The SOB will lay down and take a nap anywere...:rolleyes:

400exmom
10-07-2003, 07:47 AM
please dont try that at home kids:eek2:

cdalejef
10-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by SLB400EX
In the afternoon race, there was a young guy lined up in the third or fourth row(I think), on a red quad(cannondale??), w/ quadshop.com stickers on the side panels. He lined up,kinda away from the rest of the racers, taking the far outside line. He flipped in the first turn.. :(
Not much to go on, I know..but --- Who was that???
I was asking atvchik and popo "who is that" a good bit Sat(and at the PA race)..but I didn't ask who that particular fella was...

Thanks...Sher Not sure who that could be, 3rd row was 4-stroke A and Rick and I are the only Dales in the class. 4th row was 250A so no Dales in that class.:confused:

remlapr
10-07-2003, 09:18 AM
Jeff - who is that that runs in the afternoon on a 400ex with a black hood and oversized clear tank? I saw him at Sparta and helped him load up his quad after he came in with a busted ball joint. He runs quadshop graphics? Maybe that's who it was...

SLB400EX
10-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Not sure who that could be, 3rd row was 4-stroke A and Rick and I are the only Dales in the class. 4th row was 250A so no Dales in that class.:confused:

I'll have to ask Tabatha(atvchcik), she may know his name. She was chatting with him a little when he was on the line. He may have been back further than what I am remembering ... it was a long day.... ;) ..but very entertaining!

Thanks anyhow...I was just wondering who he was. I'll figure it out..somehow.

Sher

cdalejef
10-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Jeff - who is that that runs in the afternoon on a 400ex with a black hood and oversized clear tank? I saw him at Sparta and helped him load up his quad after he came in with a busted ball joint. He runs quadshop graphics? Maybe that's who it was... Thats Brian Adams screen name BA. He wasn't at Powerline

Admin
10-07-2003, 09:51 AM
In the afternoon race, there was a young guy lined up in the third or fourth row(I think), on a red quad(cannondale??), w/ quadshop.com stickers on the side panels. He lined up,kinda away from the rest of the racers, taking the far outside line. He flipped in the first turn..

It was BEN on the far outside on a Black Cannondale in the 4stk A class. He is the one that everyone is talking about doing the back flip in the turn.

ranger400ex
10-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Holy $hit I'm famous!!! SLB, that was yours truly on the outside about 100yards away from the rest of 4stkA....I got a good holeshot...but some ahole with no sense of direction decided I needed to take a good roll....I think I suffered as the doc put it yesterday...a mild concusion...I flipped over, got crushed, flipped out of the way, got my composure, started again (damn levers were turned down) rode a bit, got real sick, pulled off and puked...saw my chest protector was toast, had some kid take it back for me, rode almost a full lap before yakking again,hit too many trees feeling lightheaded, finally felt a bit better. Not a good day..got hit, got sick, rode like a girl(and not a fast one like traci, more like Rico or Jason) and still finished...lets just say I didn't think I would make it.

Hey Rick..and all you kenda haters....guess who was hooking up like a mug.....mua....nuff said.

See all you old technologists in my home turf next week:macho :macho

Ben

SLB400EX
10-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
It was BEN on the far outside on a Black Cannondale in the 4stk A class. He is the one that everyone is talking about doing the back flip in the turn.

That's what my husband was just telling me too..but honestly, I swear the quad was all red. It was definitely a C.Dale though...
He was lined up, taking the far outside line..lined up away from the other racers. He was a young fella. I've never seen Ben .. so I don't know what he looks like. :( Seems real nice though..
SOO?? One and the same person then??
:confused
Sorry for the confusion!! I really am...
I'm gonna have to get all you racers straight next season..get my ducks in row as to who is who...

Saw a few wrecks that day that made me go..OUCH!!

Later..and thanks..
Sher

ranger400ex
10-07-2003, 10:05 AM
Hey Jeff...that was me on the 3rd dale... the sun must be getting to your brain....:grr:

Ben

ranger400ex
10-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Sher...it is black, but the side panels,and headlight shrouds have red checkerd Quadshop graphics, looks red from the side. It was me, right side of the riders, way out by the ropes, I talked to ATVchik right before the race, she said I looked lonely out there...not really, just wanted to be seen!!!:D You have brown hair standing beside her at the ropes right?

Ben

SLB400EX
10-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Ok..now that I feel like a complete idiot...
:eek2:
Glad to get this straight tho!!

BEN!! Nice to "sorta" meet you..I was standing there w/ Tab at the start....
We had high hopes for your starting position..then you flipped....bummed us out. Not as much as it bummed you out I'm sure..

OK..I'm outta here b4 I really make a complete *** outta myself...

:rolleyes:

lol

Sher

SLB400EX
10-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
Sher...it is black, but the side panels,and headlight shrouds have red checkerd Quadshop graphics, looks red from the side. It was me, right side of the riders, way out by the ropes, I talked to ATVchik right before the race, she said I looked lonely out there...not really, just wanted to be seen!!!:D You have brown hair standing beside her at the ropes right?

Ben

explains why I remembered it being red...Rob remembered the checkered graphics....
anyhow..yep, I have brown hair. That was me there beside Tab at the ropes. Rob(my husband) was right beside me, with his Wiseco swearshirt on. Go figure..the one time I didn't ask her "who's that".... that'll teach me..
:(

cdalejef
10-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
Hey Jeff...that was me on the 3rd dale... the sun must be getting to your brain....:grr:

Ben Sorry dog, I forgot you were in our class at that one.

ranger400ex
10-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Gonna be permanant I think....unless B needs a Dale to show em how to ride...

Ben

atvchik
10-07-2003, 07:32 PM
:p boy am i glad u got that mystery solved before i got home from work, ha ha!
yep, that was ben i was talking to out there.

i think that was most flips i had seen all day outta one quad.
glad u had a chest protector on...scott broke his last week also.
definately worth the $$$$$.

sorry slb, i will remember to give u all the names next time :)
i think u pretty much know everyone i do now.

rowlrag
10-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Not sure who that could be, 3rd row was 4-stroke A and Rick and I are the only Dales in the class. 4th row was 250A so no Dales in that class.:confused: It was Ben, the tard thought he was in 4stA beginner!

SLB400EX
10-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by atvchik
:p
yep, that was ben i was talking to out there.

Ohhhhh...now ya tell me...

:devil:

j/k Tab!!

10-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by rowlrag
It was Ben, the tard thought he was in 4stA beginner!

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/laughin_above.gif