PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Lakota sport engine problem's please help!!!!..........

rustidchevy454
10-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Well to give you background we never took this bike in for the ten hour service.And 2 week's ago I sunk the bike say 1/2 under the water.It did clunk out and started and drove,but it bogged in like the top of 2nd here and there all they way to fith so I blew the mofo out.It stoped bogging.When we washed them the next day the bike smoked bad.Worse than a lonestar banshee.So me and my friend change the black as night oil.Still smoked then changed again with new filter.Still smokedChange once again and still smoked.We cleaned the carb out and changed the plug's and tha damn thing smoke's out the carb now too.I am pissed now cuz I am stuck.Please help me I need this bike to run good.

Thank you
:(Tom:(

K_Fulk
10-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Maybe the water blewout the rings after you ran it. When you have one under water you should take the plug out and crank the engine to get the water out.

rustidchevy454
10-06-2003, 09:59 PM
What should I do now?.

JOEX
10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
What color is the smoke? Did you clean the air filter?

Joe

rustidchevy454
10-06-2003, 10:04 PM
I at the time dont have a air filter due to I will take the intake manifold of Tommarow.But I did clean it and it still smoke's.The oil is pitch black btw.

JOEX
10-06-2003, 10:10 PM
If the oil is black it should have been changed sooner. It is better that it is black than a milky color though. If it were milky it would mean that water got into the crankcase. NOT good.

Still need to know what color the smoke coming out of the exhaust is though.

Joe

rustidchevy454
10-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Told you black

JOEX
10-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Sorry, I missed that part of your post:(

I'm not positive but I think if it is black then it is running rich.... more fuel than neccessary..

Joe

rustidchevy454
10-06-2003, 10:21 PM
What should I do Joe?If it is to rich then whould it still smoke that bad.I mean in like 5 min's it filled my yard.

JOEX
10-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Check the air box and snorkle for any blockage, Someone else will have to help after this 'cause i'm not sure what to check next,

Joe

stupid driver
10-07-2003, 06:26 AM
your rings or valve seals may be letting oil through. you are probably gonna have to go into the motor

rustidchevy454
10-07-2003, 12:37 PM
I have no blockage as my carb is open with the airbox off.My friend said it was the valve seal's.That is what I think too.:confused:

boogiechile
10-07-2003, 04:19 PM
if the smoke is black it is not the valve seals. Black smoke is running rich. You either have too much fuel or not enough air. Check to see if the choke is sticking or the diaphram is bad or the needle and seat are not sealing. Does it smoke black just idling or only when you try to rev it up?

rustidchevy454
10-07-2003, 07:11 PM
It is smoking when it idle's and reving.It also has extra gas spraying out the carb.This bike wont idle no more you have to rev it to keep it running.:( :confused: :(

boogiechile
10-07-2003, 07:35 PM
take the bowl off the carb and check the needle and seat and float. It is not sealing and letting the bowl overflow

rustidchevy454
10-07-2003, 07:42 PM
I dont think it is that.I took the carb apart and cleaned it.
This thing smoke's to much to be rich.Way to much

boogiechile
10-08-2003, 07:19 AM
If the smoke is black then it is excessive fuel. You have a problem that is putting in way more fuel than what people normaly just call rich. You are "way" rich. You said gas was coming out of the carb. That should tell you somthing, if it is pouring out of the carb it is pouring in the engine. You need to take the float bowl off and remove the float and needle and check the seat. There is probably a little small peice of trash in between the needle and seat but you must take it apart to find it.

rustidchevy454
10-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Done it I think it is valve guide seal's

skemp
10-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Well if you positively think it is the valve seals, then the smoke probably isn't black. Burning oil leaves a blueish-white smoke behind. If you have gas pouring out of the carb, then there is a problem with your floats/needle and seat. Even after cleaning a carb, you can put it back together and have the same problem. You need to completely disassemble the carb and clean out all the passages.

The thing about your situation that has me thinking though is the fact that you sunk it. When water gets into the oil, it doesn't take long to start trashing parts. You can ruin the crank, cam, transmission gears, clutch, valves, piston/rings, etc.

What you should do if you haven't already is drain everything (gas and oil). If the oil is tan/milky, then water got into the oil. Get all the gas out of the tank, lines, and carb as it is likely water got into it. Take off the carb and take it apart completely, and blow out all the passages. Check the needle seat for wear. Check to see if there is gas in the floats. Check for binding when you move the floats. When you have done all this and put it back together and it still does this, then you have internal motor problems. Most likely the rings, but it could be worse. Just do one thing at a time, starting with the simple things. Good luck!

rustidchevy454
10-27-2003, 08:52 AM
You have been a big help dude I will take it back apart and try this.:)