PDA

View Full Version : RAD(or any) bearing carrier users-read!

Sportrax10
10-06-2003, 03:55 PM
I need to know how you all installed your bearing carrier. How did the brakes go on? Did you need spacers for them to be long enough, and does the thing that the brakes bolt on have a little play? Please help, pics would be great also.:blah:

JOEX
10-06-2003, 07:31 PM
I have a Burgard carrier....
You shouldn't need anything extra to get it together. I do reccommend an aftermarket lock nut though. A little play in the caliper stay (the thing the caliper bolts to;) ) is normal.
Make sure the axle is in all the way, I had whack it a few times to get it in.

Joe

remlapr
10-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Actually, with my rad tapered carrier - it came with spacers for the new billit stay that came with it. The bottom stock bolt was long enough so I had to use a different one and we had it together correct, I think :huh

Sportrax10
10-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Actually, with my rad tapered carrier - it came with spacers for the new billit stay that came with it. The bottom stock bolt was long enough so I had to use a different one and we had it together correct, I think :huh
So you put the spacers on it? Thats what I did for a while and it worked, but recently it wore down my brake pads real fast and I was wondering what was wrong. Thanks for the help so far!:macho

guedo
10-07-2003, 01:33 AM
sounds like your calipers piston is sticking. If the inner pad is used up and the outer is OK this is probably your problem. May be time for a rebuild or try cleaning the 2 pins that the pads slide on. If they have grooves, replace them.

Rip_Tear
10-07-2003, 01:41 PM
do all RAD carriers have grease zerks on their sides? so you can grease them without taking the carriers out?

Greg Z
10-07-2003, 02:02 PM
yeah they come on the side.. mine came with spacers my brakes seem to be fine but i have to bleed them to actually get some use out of them but im really lazy to do that so........... lol ok