PDA

View Full Version : Man I HATE this!!!!

dirtmomma
10-06-2003, 01:43 PM
OK well I finally got my cylinder back from the machine shop after it being there for 2 weeks & my bro in law was to put the piston rings & motor back together for me on Fri.(flying to Alaska for 2 wkson Sat.) well he cheesed on me & went riding:mad: sooooo my hubby & I were putting it back together on Sat. & got it ALL put back together & were tourqing the bolts when one of the *******s SNAPPED:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: It's the longest one of all of them, so I got the part #'s off service honda website last night & went to a nut & bolt place & they don't have them that long!! So now I have to wait till Tues. for the bike shop to open & hope to god they have one in stock:rolleyes: knowing them I bet they don't.
Needless to say I had a REAL chity weekend & guess I just had to vent!!!! Can't anything ever go right the 1st time????????

Just curious are they bike shops closed on Sun & Mon in your guys towns???? I'm thinkin I need to open one that stays open 7 dyas a week!!!!

hartland74
10-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Was the bolt you broke on the valve cover? If so the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago ,it also was the longest one ,threaded into the jug . After this happen I checked the toque ratings in the FAQ section and it says the 17lbs that my clymer says is incorrect and they should be torqued at 8 lbs. :huh :mad:

10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
same thing happened to me :mad: :( ...luckily we had the same size screw and stuff to replace it :D

10-06-2003, 07:01 PM
go to your local hardware store & pick one up for around $0.75 compared to delaerships $5.00 or whatever :rolleyes:

JOEX
10-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Most of the places around here have recently began opening 7 days a week:)
I'd much rather bust a nut than snap a stud:devil: :blah: :devil:

Hope you things back together soon!

Joe

10-06-2003, 08:44 PM
i hear u there bro but both are gonna be painful. bust a nut or snap a stud. ohh thats a bad sight. :blah:

zephead400ex
10-06-2003, 09:17 PM
The bike shop here is closed on Sunday and Monday!

10-06-2003, 09:32 PM
its like that here too. But i never buy anything i dont have to there. They are so outragous with their prices. If i screwed a bolt i got to the hardware store or find something here at my house. Our shops suck.

Diedrich
10-06-2003, 10:44 PM
hey if the dealership dont have one i might..u can have it if i do..get back to me

dirtmomma
10-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Diedrich
hey if the dealership dont have one i might..u can have it if i do..get back to me

Thanks but I want a NEW one so it doesn't snap again, if I was thinking I would of ordered all new ones to start w/ they are the stock ones from the factory so they are getting a little wore & old.

And JOE, thats funny cuz Ron just got healed up from a "snapped nut" & my Dad asked him, did you snap a nut or a bolt, & Ron says hell I snapped my nut last week now this week it's a bolt LMFAO!!!!!! that was probably TMI huh:eek2:

As for the hardware stores, if I can't find one today I may look there, it's like over 5" long though, but maybe I'll get lucky(for once)

dirtmomma
10-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hartland74
Was the bolt you broke on the valve cover? If so the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago ,it also was the longest one ,threaded into the jug . After this happen I checked the toque ratings in the FAQ section and it says the 17lbs that my clymer says is incorrect and they should be torqued at 8 lbs. :huh :mad:

WEll yeah it was the longest one(6x135mm) so did you have to order one from Honda?? The tourque specs from the 250x manual we were using said 9lbs, my hubby was barely tightening it:confused: but anyway I've got all new bolts on order they should be here for the weekend(cross your fingers for me plz) then we should have NO probs & all new bolts, for anyone out there doing this i recommend buying all new head bolts to start with!!! I know we will from now on!!!

DEAL
10-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Only closed sunday here.

10-07-2003, 08:19 PM
canadians dont count. jp.