PDA

View Full Version : shopping cart - help

jello
10-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Well my friend desided to build a shopping cart into a go cart :eek: So them he gets stuck and he calls me over. I made fun of the way he went about thingsand placed a bet that I could build a better one and take less time then him (his still isnt done)

But anyways I need some ideas............

I so far want to chop the cart down so its not top hevy.... but besides that I need ideas. Where to place the 5hp motor. whats the best way to beable to stear. ect..........

Help... I know you guys will have some great ideas :D :D

Jello

toby400ex
10-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Why not just make a go cart then somehow weld some shopping cart to it:confused:

killed300ex
10-06-2003, 04:48 AM
cut the whole basket part of it off and build it off the bottom frame. Put the motor out back and sit in the front maybe rig up a set of hendelbars to steer with then when everythings done maybe weld the basket part of the shopping cart back on as a roll cage?
just an idea
killed

jello
10-06-2003, 07:31 AM
does anyone have any go kart plans that I can get ideas from.... I know they sell go kart plans for like 15$ hehe

jello
10-06-2003, 07:51 AM
:macho

R-Crazy
10-06-2003, 08:11 AM
get bigger wheels and tires, cuz the things on there will suck real bad and ull crash
hahaha

dave

400EXrider#91
10-06-2003, 08:36 AM
get two shopping carts. cut the back of one and the front off the other, make some good welds so you can have longer wheel base
if you mount the engine in the back you will have a better amount of room to sit lay than with a single cart. than where you sit flip the top of the cart over and make it a roll cage. i will try to think of some more stuff, but that should get you started

JJWB023
10-06-2003, 08:39 AM
some ppl did this on monster garage.they lowered it...the front wheels werea lil bigger than the back. they had a butterfly like steering wheel. It was driven by one rear wheel(for better turning).anyway good luck and be safe

rider250ex
10-06-2003, 12:15 PM
the one on monster garage the just built a new frame and everything and just put the shopping cart basket on it to make it look like one...i would do that if i were you...it will be stronger

4wheelboy
10-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by rider250ex
the one on monster garage the just built a new frame and everything and just put the shopping cart basket on it to make it look like one...i would do that if i were you...it will be stronger

and alot safer:rolleyes: :huh

jello
10-06-2003, 03:38 PM
the 2 shopping cart idea is awsome. I was so cramped in one.

Keep the ideas comming:D

Thanks,
Jello

Rip_Tear
10-06-2003, 03:44 PM
I have got an awsome idea for you.

first off, run the cart backwards, and make it into a 3 wheeler, one wheel in the back (or the old front) and the motor on top or infront of the rear wheel... then go from there...