PDA

View Full Version : Immaturity on these forums

ScooterX
10-05-2003, 08:22 PM
I haven't noticed immaturity like this in any other forum except for occasionally at ATVConnection. Is there not anything anyone can do to get rid of some of these guys? Like a "probation" period where if they cause even the slightest bit of trouble within the first 30 days, that they automatically get banned. I have personally been guilty of a few sarcastic remarks, but in a joking manner. Some of these kids just sign on to get on peoples nerves. I try to ignore them but some of these kids are just waaaaay to DUMB!

10-05-2003, 08:28 PM
am i one of them....? you shoudl really stop complaining though. you havent even been here that long:rolleyes:

ScooterX
10-05-2003, 08:39 PM
I've been here for quite a while now... since I had my 300ex 3 years ago, but I've changed my name a couple times. I don't know if you're one of them or not... I don't really keep up w/ names, but there's a few names that do come to mind.

JOEX
10-05-2003, 08:39 PM
The best way to go is to ignore them and hopfully they will either go away or they will learn..... i'm not too confident on the latter....

I try my best to focus on helping others with thier problems and questions.

I try to ignore the inane and derogatory remarks some members post but sometimes a nerve gets touched and I have to argue until it is over or the thread is locked. Not the best way to go but it happens.

Joe

10-05-2003, 08:40 PM
yeahh thats prob cuz we have the most users

why are u even here, u ride a dirtbike

flyin#5
10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
there is a more sarcastic manner on these forums. most of it is just fun and a lot of people know each other on here and just mess around... makes it a great place to come imo.

ScooterX
10-05-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm here cause I have been a member here for a while and I'm a big fan of all ATV's and motorcycles. If something comes up that I have an answer or opinion for, than I like to reply and add my 2 cents.

JOEX
10-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
yeahh thats prob cuz we have the most users

why are u even here, u ride a dirtbike
freeride132,
I'm not singling you out nor trying to flame you with this reply. Givin our recent disagreement, this is just bad timing;) NOTHING personal.

The second sentence can be considered derogatory to some if not many here. I don't think you are intentionally trying to be derogatory, but it comes across that way.

Joe

JOEX
10-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ScooterX
I'm here cause I have been a member here for a while and I'm a big fan of all ATV's and motorcycles. If something comes up that I have an answer or opinion for, than I like to reply and add my 2 cents.
You, me and 98% of the other members are here for the same reason :) ..........

The other 2%....... who knows........:confused:

Make the best of it!

Joe

10-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
freeride132,
I'm not singling you out nor trying to flame you with this reply. Givin our recent disagreement, this is just bad timing;) NOTHING personal.

The second sentence can be considered derogatory to some if not many here. I don't think you are intentionally trying to be derogatory, but it comes across that way.

Joe

yeah ? but if people cant handle me asking a simple question should they really be on the internet ? you guys get all uptight just relax and take your watch off

ScooterX
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I'm really not uptight at all, I've just reached a point where a lot of the kids on here annoy me really bad. I also don't post here as much as I did before because of those kids and I'm sure I"m not the only one that feels this way. I would just hate for a few immature kids to ruin the "image" of this forum and for them to make other people not want to bother joining. Or even worse, they'll just attract more little immature kids.

When I say kids, I'm talking about all these bashers and flame starters. Whether you're 12 or 120 years old, if you are THAT immature, you're still a little kid.

10-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ScooterX
I'm really not uptight at all, I've just reached a point where a lot of the kids on here annoy me really bad. I also don't post here as much as I did before because of those kids and I'm sure I"m not the only one that feels this way. I would just hate for a few immature kids to ruin the "image" of this forum and for them to make other people not want to bother joining. Or even worse, they'll just attract more little immature kids.

When I say kids, I'm talking about all these bashers and flame starters. Whether you're 12 or 120 years old, if you are THAT immature, you're still a little kid.

yeah i see your point

you dont seem like any fun though, any lil kid that wants to can join this site and any mature guy can leave this site if he wants to

JOEX
10-05-2003, 09:15 PM
yeah ? but if people cant handle me asking a simple question should they really be on the internet ? you guys get all uptight just relax and take your watch off
It is called 'TACT' I realize that you are a young adult and I do not hold that against you. It takes time and experience to understand how words are taken. Especially over the internet.

It is very difficult to express the meaning/emotions of words by typing them through the internet. You may not intend to sound derogatory but you need to see the point of view of the others that read the words on the screen. It is not always the same.

I'm not so good at explaining the psychological side of this but it is very important to understand what others see on the screen.

Joe

Bad Habit
10-05-2003, 09:58 PM
any lil kid that wants to can join this site and any mature guy can leave this site if he wants to

If the mods and members of the site had this attitude, this site would be in the crapper inside of 6 months. Remember, this site is first and foremost a source of information for quads. Not a sounding board for people to flame someone else because they don't like the stickers on someones bike. I would rather the "mature" guys stayed on here as I would venture a guess that they would have something useful to share with the other members.

sduncan
10-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Well, I have posted repeatedly about this same issue. It gets OLD reading a thread that looks like it was typed by a monkey having a seizure. Lousy typing, writing, grammar, and attitude indicate only one thing. LAZINESS.
How about this? Create a forum just for the booger eaters who wish to communicate with each other in this fashion. They can have at it all day. BUT, on the other forums, if you can't make a REASONABLE attempt to type correctly, then it should be deleted. Will it help? I don't know, but it sure as hell couldn't hurt either.
Does this sound too harsh? Do I care? No, not really. But if stupidity was a disease, this place would be an epidemic.

ScooterX
10-05-2003, 10:38 PM
any lil kid that wants to can join this site and any mature guy can leave this site if he wants to

That's true, and thats exactly what I would hate to see happen. The mature guys are the ones that have the info and can help people and also have legit questions and need help. Those helpful informative people can leave if they want to but they're the reason most people come here. They can get some help, or useful tips and hints, or just to talk about something interesting instead of talking about how the new ****** is gonna be faster than everything out there or that Yamaha sucks and Honda is king forever.

I don't see how bashing and flaming is helpful. Actually it's VERY destructive and I think it shouldn't be tollerated (sp?). You get somebody on here that's working their as$ off so they can afford their brand new quad or bike that they bought. That person is just SOOOOOO happy with it and can't believe he/she finally got that new machine and then all of a sudden you get a bunch of brand loyal buttholes on here that bash his bike and talk about how junky and crappy it is. I'm not one to take stuff on the internet offensively, but that has happened to me when I first got my 300ex (my first quad I ever owned) and it made me feel terrible. When I got my C-dale, the only things I heard was bashing. The kind of stuff that would normally just get on my nerves a little off the internet is the kind of stuff I can just ignore on here, but a lot of the things people say on here would probably get them hit if they were to say it to my face and thats the stuff thats a little harder for me to ignore.

I dunno... whatever. I just think people should be a little more respectful of other peoples stuff. A lot of people feel too safe behind their computer screen. I would just like for some of those people to say some of the things they say to these other guys faces.

Diedrich
10-05-2003, 10:38 PM
you guys just need to ingore it..if you cant then dont get on here..i mean i dont think its that big of a deal..almost all of us here are giving info out and helping each other..there are the few kids that get on and say really dumb things and most of the time they are taken care of..but from all the members we have we are gonna have people like that...just learn to ignore them..and if you dont like the way some people type...dont make fun of them just dont post..some people just cant type good..or speak good english..but the main point is to just ignore the lil things and help out with the problems people post

Atreyu
10-05-2003, 10:43 PM
if your so annoyed why dont you go back to atvconnection ?

ScooterX
10-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Hmmmm... well prolly cause I said ATV Connection was bad too and I just got tired of all the crap over there.