PDA

View Full Version : Someone Pplllleeeeaaaasssseee Help Asap Tonight If Possible!!!

dirtmomma
10-05-2003, 08:06 PM
OK here's the deal we got the motor on my 300 just about all put back together today & when we were tourqing down one of the longest bolts on the top when it SNAPPED:mad: :mad: Sooo now I'm looking for somewhere online that I could order ALL new bolts so I can get them in a couple days, hopefully:rolleyes: & get it back together if anyone can help I would REALLY appreciate it!!
Thanks,;)

batgeek
10-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Clymer Honda manuals are really cool. if ya have one, they list all bolts/screws and their sizes.

every bolt and screw in your ATV can be bought at a good home improvement store. plus you can change all the screws/bolts to hex head instead of the stock socket type heads that would come if you ordered a set from Honda :D

JOEX
10-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Bummer:( There is a company on ebay that has many parts. I think it is something like 'atvpartsonline' I called them about that a-arrm issue. I think they are kind of a junk yard of atv parts though. I'll try and find the number.

Maybe C&D Racing can help you out, give them a call in the morning, maybe they can rush something out.

Joe

sharpshooter
10-05-2003, 08:20 PM
servicehonda.com

dirtmomma
10-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Bummer:( There is a company on ebay that has many parts. I think it is something like 'atvpartsonline' I called them about that a-arrm issue. I think they are kind of a junk yard of atv parts though. I'll try and find the number.

Maybe C&D Racing can help you out, give them a call in the morning, maybe they can rush something out.

Joe
LOL thanks!! Hey Joe, I just pm'ed you about this, then I read this LOL

Think I'll try the manual, of course I left it up at the shop:rolleyes: so i'tll have to wait till tomarrow!

JOEX
10-05-2003, 08:21 PM
USED ATV PARTS (http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=46435756&ssPageName=L2)
1-866-857-2766
But I think batgeek has a better idea though.:)

Joe

Woodsrider
10-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Go to service honda and use the online parts fiche. fine the bolts you need and call around with the P/N. Worst come sto worst, any Honda dealer has the ability to ovenite the parts. Good luck. Will you be making it to Oakwood?

dirtmomma
10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Ok well I think I got it handled!! I went to servicehonda & got allt he part #'s now tomarrow I will go to Tacoma Screw & get them in stainless:D :D :D :D I forgot we did that for our case covers for the blaster. soooo I should be on my way, well Soggy if I get this thing back together & get enough break in miles on it then I will be, I planned for DJ & I to ride all this week cuz he's STILL out of school,(teacher strikes) but if I can't get it up & running SOON then I may make it to Oakwood but not to race:( ANYWAY THANKS for the quick help everyone!!!!!

dirtmomma
10-05-2003, 08:59 PM
HEY BTW DON'T YOU N'WESTERNERS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO AT THIS TIME OF THE EVENING???? LMFAO;)

QuadJunkies
10-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
HEY BTW DON'T YOU N'WESTERNERS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO AT THIS TIME OF THE EVENING???? LMFAO;) nope.....HAHAHAHA!!!! Good luck girl! :D

JOEX
10-05-2003, 09:22 PM
HEY BTW DON'T YOU N'WESTERNERS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO AT THIS TIME OF THE EVENING???? LMFAO;)
LOL! Today's Friday for me!:D :blah: ... Now where did I put my beer.......

Joe

R-Crazy
10-06-2003, 07:46 AM
i got almost every bolt on my bike in stainless off of ebay for about 120 bux. everything except the swingarm bolt and the reed cage bolts (for a 250r). nice kit, and a good guy.

dave

dirtmomma
10-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by R-Crazy
i got almost every bolt on my bike in stainless off of ebay for about 120 bux. everything except the swingarm bolt and the reed cage bolts (for a 250r). nice kit, and a good guy.

dave

Well I found all the bolts on ServiceHonda for about $17:eek2: NO thats not stainless, but stock. I'm figuring about $25-$30 at the place I'm going so that'll be cool.(I hope):)

HEY JOE were you still thinking about flattracking??? Monroe starts on Nov 8 WHOO HOOO, they got the Motoplex indoor track going now & all weekend they had flattrack practice of course we DID NOT make it but did go check the track out & it was nice!! Anyway talk at ya later & have a good weekend!!;)

JTRtrx250r
10-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Ok well I think I got it handled!! I went to servicehonda & got allt he part #'s now tomarrow I will go to Tacoma Screw & get them in stainless:D :D :D :D Which Tacoma Screw???I have 1 by me and they never have chit:confused:

dirtmomma
10-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Which Tacoma Screw???I have 1 by me and they never have chit:confused:

LMFAO OH YEP YOUR RIGHT THERE!!!!! I went to the one up on airport rd in Everett. They didn't have any flange bolts, service honda DOES NOT SHIP EXPRESS I guess!!??:huh :confused: I give up I will wait till tomarrow & hit Cycle Barn

JTRtrx250r
10-06-2003, 01:59 PM
have ya hit Everett Powersports yet? They're my fav and usually have most things in stock,sometimes they have to order it but not too often,was it a head-bolt that broke on ya?

Rip_Tear
10-06-2003, 03:40 PM
You can get some nice sets of stainless steel allen key bolts (I am pretty sure anyways) I know you have dealt with it already, but you will know next time :D if you want to get them early for next time :p

dirtmomma
10-07-2003, 07:33 AM
have ya hit Everett Powersports yet? They're my fav and usually have most things in stock,sometimes they have to order it but not too often,was it a head-bolt that broke on ya?

Well I'll be calling all over today to see if anyone has any in stock, I really hate to wait & order them:rolleyes: YES I'm impatient :)
The bolt that snapped was over 5" long!! It pretty much held the head to the cylinder.

I asked the guy @ Tacoma Screw about stainless steel ones & he said they are a lower grade than what is in there!! And he suggested NOT to use stainless cuz they are weaker?! We put a stainless hex head kit on our blaster so I don't know what to think & I know ALOT of people use stainless so maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about cuz the last time I was in there they never said a word about that, just that we needed to get a certain kind of stainless for motors?? Anyway hope I can find them today!!:) BTW I did get my new front tires yesterday, got some grooved radials on wheels from Nutster_98 on here & they are pretty darn nice can't wait to put them on!!!

QuadJunkies
10-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Well I'll be calling all over today to see if anyone has any in stock, I really hate to wait & order them:rolleyes: YES I'm impatient :)
The bolt that snapped was over 5" long!! It pretty much held the head to the cylinder.

I asked the guy @ Tacoma Screw about stainless steel ones & he said they are a lower grade than what is in there!! And he suggested NOT to use stainless cuz they are weaker?! We put a stainless hex head kit on our blaster so I don't know what to think & I know ALOT of people use stainless so maybe he just didn't know what he was talking about cuz the last time I was in there they never said a word about that, just that we needed to get a certain kind of stainless for motors?? Anyway hope I can find them today!!:) BTW I did get my new front tires yesterday, got some grooved radials on wheels from Nutster_98 on here & they are pretty darn nice can't wait to put them on!!! Hey girl~~~~ What kind of groomed radials did you end up buying? I found out real quick how bad they suck on a freshly watered MX track!:o :p I need a set of holeshot MX for my fronts for that:)

dirtmomma
10-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Hey girl~~~~ What kind of groomed radials did you end up buying? I found out real quick how bad they suck on a freshly watered MX track!:o :p I need a set of holeshot MX for my fronts for that:)

Really???? Well I mainly got them for the flattrack, I will fun my stockers on the trail & maybe the scramble track too, I don't do much mx so I hope I'm ok. Thats good to know though. They are Camac NC80 145R10's if that means anything:)

BUT I did order all my motor bolts today they should be here Fri. (yes I have to wait) I couldn't use the hardware store ones cuz one of the engine builders I talked to said they might not tourqe down right & I could lose my whole top end so I thought I better be patient & just wait for the right ones!!

Woodsrider
10-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Where did you order them at? The honda dealers have the ability to get them over night, of couse this would cost you more, but you would be able to get a tank or two of gas through the new motor before the weekend and then you could race. I would not reccommend racing on it this weekend.If your gonna be there on Sunday, Ill bring the $$ for the three XL shirts.:cool:

dirtmomma
10-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Whoooo HOOOOOO well she's back up & running GOOD!!!! Got all the bolts Sat. threw it back together, snapped one more bolt on the oil line:grr: but we took one off of another motor & it worked. Here's a tip for everyone.....when you do ANY kind of mototr work REPLACE ALL OF YOUR BOLTS W/ NEW ONES to begin with!!!!! So took it out & did some break in riding, then took it on the flattrack for a little while (very nicely) it is running soooooooo much better & has some more poop now:devil:
I didn't get any pics of it but I will today, it doesn't even look like the same quad, I got all the new tires/wheels on it, redid my plastics(more shiny),put some new graphics on it. It looks really good in fact he hubby is even impressed w/ how it runs & looks!! Thats a good thing!!:D Well the boys & I are gonna go riding this afternoon so I should have some pics tonight. :blah:

BTW Soggy, I ordered the parts from Cycle Barn in Smokey Point
How did the races go Sun @ Oakwood???? Was it a LITTLE wet & muddy??:p I doubt we'll be doing any Oakwood's until like Jan/Feb cuz of flattrack, don't want to keep raising & lowering it, plus I want to concentrate on Monroe. They are goin to have about 4 flattracks @ Oakwood that start in Jan, once a month pretty much.

JOEX
10-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Glad to here everything is up and runing:) Get some pics!:D

Joe

JTRtrx250r
10-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Sweet!!..it always feels good to get em back together....especially after a mis-hap like that,glad to hear she's back together,have fun and whip some butt!!;) :D

dirtmomma
10-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Sweet!!..it always feels good to get em back together....especially after a mis-hap like that,glad to hear she's back together,have fun and whip some butt!!;) :D
OH YES my husband sure does feel alot better now that his wife isn't nagging him about her quad:o :rolleyes: She's definetly up & running WAY better, I took the boys out today to the track & my 13 yr old rode it & says it has alot more power he thinks. the little guy(4 yr) did really good today riding, I bet he did 50 laps!! And only took a couple small breaks. He just kept going fast & turning left LOL by the end of the day he was pretty much full throttle all the way around the track:eek: scaring his mother!!! Anyway it was a good day & nice to be back riding;)

Woodsrider
10-13-2003, 09:08 PM
BTW Soggy, I ordered the parts from Cycle Barn in Smokey Point How did the races go Sun @ Oakwood???? Was it a LITTLE wet & muddy??:p I doubt we'll be doing any Oakwood's until like Jan/Feb cuz of flattrack, don't want to keep raising & lowering it, plus I want to concentrate on Monroe. They are goin to have about 4 flattracks @ Oakwood that start in Jan, once a month pretty much.

Was a ptretty good turn out for all classes. I missed all the little tykes races:grr: but caught all the grown up races. I only saw two women riding quads and two on bikes.
My "sponsored" rider took first in her class and 2nd in the mens:macho
Kinda cool having my PC finish on the podium twice on the first day of racing:D The track was cool, short... but cool. Saw a kid plant the front wheel on a double on the back stretch and endo for a broken wrist:eek: Then I got home just as my neighbor was looking for some one to go to the Kiss/ Aerosmith concert with him and a buddy for free, and only ten minutes from home:D :D
LMK whats up with the shirts I'll need them by Christmas.

dirtmomma
10-14-2003, 08:44 AM
right on!! I can't believe there were only 2 women in the quad class:confused: there's usually about 6-7, huh oh well. tell your friend congrats on the win!! Yeah the track is kinda small & tight but it is fun, so you thinkin you need to bring your quad out there LOL. Man thats cool you got to go to the concert!! How was it??? That would of been a good one!! As for the shirts the guy still hasnt' got ahold of me but I know I will for sure see him on Nov.8 @ Monroe, I'm sure I'll have them by xmas:) I posted a few pics of the boys & I practicing in the open forum check em out if ya get a chance.http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=796722#post796722