PDA

View Full Version : This is why you don't speed.

hondafox440
10-05-2003, 07:00 PM
My buddy's 03 Tiburon. Took a turn too fast, lost control, hit a ditch and flipped it. He and the passenger made it out without a scratch, but as you can see the car didn't. He claimed he was only doing 45, in a 35 zone. He has had his license for about 11 months, and this was his second crash, and he is going to court tomorow for a 92MPH (in a 65MPH zone) ticket. He is currently working off 10 hours of community service for a 45MPH (in a 35MPH zone) ticket. I only drove with him a few times, and it was actually kind of scary, doing like 55 on back roads.

http://www.quadstop.com/images/car/MVC-004F.JPG
http://www.quadstop.com/images/car/MVC-005F.JPG
http://www.quadstop.com/images/car/MVC-006F.JPG
http://www.quadstop.com/images/car/MVC-007F.JPG

Chino
10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
looked like it was a nice car. It's sad some people dont respect the nice things they have in life and return put there lives and other peoples lives in jeopardy :( Theres a time and a place for everything.

theTman
10-05-2003, 07:31 PM
those rims are pimped..but the car is screwed

Guy400
10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Your friend needs to lose his license until he's 25.

SpeedBump
10-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Your friend needs to lose his license until he's 25.
Hope they take it for a while........for his and others own good. I can just imagine....probably a rich kid who had EVERYTHING handed to him. NEVER had to work for crap. Parents are the ones to blame most of all....shoulda taught him better. Bad parents=bad kids.....Oh well, glad nobody got hurt. They were lucky.

Bretmd94
10-05-2003, 07:43 PM
does he have no skill driving?? I will admit that i drive way to fast. I have a lot of country roads in the middle of nowhere, and i have taken 45mph corners at 95 in an Accord. That Tiburon can totally take a 35mph corner at 60-70mph. Is he jsut spacing off while driving fast? Or is he just not cordinated enough to drive fast.

Eitherway, if hes crashign that much he needs to take it easy untill he can handle a car better. He's worse than girls. Girls manage to drive slow and crash a ton. My sister has totalled two cars in her first year of driving. She doesnt even drive fast. I drive fast, but do it smart in places that i can drive fast. I have no crashes after 5 years driving, and only 4 speeding tickets.

flyin#5
10-05-2003, 07:43 PM
he is lucky to have a nice car like that... he is also a dumb@ss for not treating the car with respect.

dpizz450
10-05-2003, 07:51 PM
thats what happens when u give newbies a fast/nice car for their first one......

JOEX
10-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
he is lucky to have a nice car like that... he is also a dumb@ss for not treating the car with respect.
Ain't that the truth!:macho
Some people don't deserve the privilege to drive.

Joe

hondafox440
10-05-2003, 07:56 PM
His parents bought him that car, but he paid for the rims (they were a pain to put on) and system (the back window is broken because the sub box went through it). He doesn't really act spoiled. I never drove with him much, but people that do say he can control the car at those speeds. The turn he crashed on was just repaved, and they made it tighter than before, so he was expecting it do be a little more gradual but it wasn't.

The first crash wasn't entirely his fault. He was doing the speed limit, but there was a ton of solar glare that day. He got blinded by the sun and went to slam on his brakes because he saw a car in front of him, but he was on ice so he slid into the back of the car (SUV actually). No damage to the SUV (hit his spare tire), but he wrecked his own hood.

He was already planning to lose his liscense for 30 days tomorow for the ticket, but now he thinks he will lose it for 4-5 months.

4wheelboy
10-05-2003, 09:23 PM
reminds me of that song "because the chicks dig it":eek2: :eek2:

JOEX
10-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
His parents bought him that car, but he paid for the rims (they were a pain to put on) and system (the back window is broken because the sub box went through it). He doesn't really act spoiled. I never drove with him much, but people that do say he can control the car at those speeds. The turn he crashed on was just repaved, and they made it tighter than before, so he was expecting it do be a little more gradual but it wasn't.

The first crash wasn't entirely his fault. He was doing the speed limit, but there was a ton of solar glare that day. He got blinded by the sun and went to slam on his brakes because he saw a car in front of him, but he was on ice so he slid into the back of the car (SUV actually). No damage to the SUV (hit his spare tire), but he wrecked his own hood.

He was already planning to lose his liscense for 30 days tomorow for the ticket, but now he thinks he will lose it for 4-5 months.
Maybe his next investment should be defensive driving classes.....:eek:

Joe

coryatver
10-05-2003, 09:40 PM
You could take a 35 mph turn at least going 60 in that car. If one side goes off the road don't try turning out it will flip! You have to slow down first. At least no one got hurt.

416exmx
10-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
reminds me of that song "because the chicks dig it":eek2: :eek2:

i have a 120 stitch scar on my chin that reminds me of that song also. haha

Punk'd
10-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
Hope they take it for a while........for his and others own good. I can just imagine....probably a rich kid who had EVERYTHING handed to him. NEVER had to work for crap. Parents are the ones to blame most of all....shoulda taught him better. Bad parents=bad kids.....Oh well, glad nobody got hurt. They were lucky.
i agree i bet his parents freaked as honda says "STUPID HURTS"

Got Huevos?
10-06-2003, 01:39 AM
hope he ends up in the hospital next time so we can relize what a moron he is. hes the kind of irresponsibl moron who ends up getting in a crash with another person and hurting them instead. hes not better then a drunk driver.