PDA

View Full Version : gotta' get my pilots license now....

"BLAHH"300!!
02-04-2002, 07:38 AM
i found my biggest jump yesterday....i usually jump things here around the house that are about...3 foot tall and kinda put you in the air but don't let you fly very far....all behind my house is a flood plain so it's really flat.....well yesterday me and a freind loaded up and headed out to this place "kings point ferry"...we had been there alot last summer and found a jump about 4 foot tall that put's you up about that high and out about 5' or 6' "that was fun"....till this one time i went a differant way and came close to a steep hill on the other side.....it's about a 10 foot hill with a nice slope at the bottom and near about streight up at the top....perfect.but there was a pile of limbs and brush in the way...he see's me movin' all this junk."what are you doin' your not ganna fly that far".....i was like loook off this hill.....:huh.....
we get it clean and hit it slow a few times....(never hit a jump this big..)then said____it hammered down on it..to 3rd let off at the bottom of the hill and punched it going up the hill...air born....couldn't tell i was in the air or not though.....lookin' down and stuff to make sure.....then i hit...wow...he did it..he was on a 400EX but he wassn't catching even close to as much air as i was....by the end of the day i was pegged out in 4th and 5th flyin' through the air.....he's pretty tall said i was over his head...you could see where the tires' were killing the grass where we were landin' and it was a long way out.....i almost got hurt....he got a cammera....said hit...so i egged it out....picture this...(..the old jump that we were hittin was right in front of this one....you had just enugh time to fly..land...hit the brakes a little...lean back on the bike to get the front wheels up and go off the other jump....)..it was in a bad place but too much fun to let that stop us.....when he got that cammera out....i flored it man...5th punched.....flew over all that...i was lookin' eye to eye with a power line that went over all this....hit the ground so hard i though my whole bike broke....but it was worth it.....thats all we did yesterday was hit that hill....from about 8:00 in the mornin.till we left at about..5:00you know we road some trails too but we'd get bored...."see ya' at the hill"......i think he was kinda scared of it though....he was hittin' it in like 2nd and 3rd.....i was tryin' to kill myself or somethin.....i jumped so ihigh one time i jumped over the wing of an in flight 747 peeked through the window....they were watchin' ".."GONE WITH HE WIND" and eatin' peanutt's...and had an afghan' tied up in the corner....sorry for the long post but i had way too much fun yesterday.....i think it's time to update those shocks though if i want to keep hittin' that hill....

knighttime
02-04-2002, 07:54 AM
Once you start getting some air it becomes addicting.:D

02-04-2002, 09:40 AM
Yeah I did me some trail riding and muddin yesterday for a change,,,had a good ole time..

kc 300EX
02-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Hey, I wanna see the pics!! Sounds Awsome!
The best jumps are the ones you can just hit as fast as possible and not have to worry about seeting up for it

02-06-2002, 09:37 PM
I know what you mean when you say big air is addicting. the best jump i have found is actually in my yard. there is a hill that rises about 7 feet. you dont really get real high off of it........but man you fly forever. i can hit it almost pegged in 3rd and i bet it is close to 40-50 feet before i touch down....it is sweet. i just have to make sure there are now cars in the drive way because that is the landin pad!!:blah

"BLAHH"300!!
02-08-2002, 11:08 AM
fixin' his brakes --oil--filter---new tires--the routine stuff...and might paint a few things like i did mine....but after that.....if not tomarrow afternoon then saturday all day were ganna be playin' chicken with the jumbo jett's

Blysster
02-08-2002, 01:41 PM
Yeah it is addicting... The best jump i've found, off the course, is about 10 minutes from my place. It's kinda hard to explain but we are jumping over the highway and land on the other side of it, where it goes downhill. Kinda dangerous yeah but that just adds more fun to it if you ask me... I've been lucky so far and haven't broken anything (on myself or the EX) but i will be putting a-arms/shocks as soon as i can afford them. A friend of mine tried it with his raptor and landed short (not good).. it blew both front shocks (he had one of the first ones off the line; they had a recall on the shocks) anyway it blew both shocks, bent his handlebars, and cracked the oil reservoir thingy.. he ended up seesing the motor because he didn't notice the crack.. luckily the motor was still on waranty. Anyhow he traded it for the DS baja this fall.. i've never seen a DS jump like that. We have it on tape i wish i could rip it to the computer somehow

Only thing about this jump is that we have to watch for comming vehicles.. and the flat pavement if you land short.

I'll try to rip it to a MPEG file and post it on here..

"BLAHH"300!!
02-09-2002, 06:53 PM
:mad: ...man we went back there today....and it's all flooded
..i said last weekend when we got ready to leave ..."i bet next time we come and try to hit this jump somethings going to be wrong...a log in the way...a posted sign...water errodes the trail....something will be wrong.."....and what do you know....the track leading up to the jump is under about 3 foot of water....that sux....we were able to hit the smaller jumps and found another one we could hit a few feet away..(same hill just on higher ground)...but it suked....it's like a big antbed or something...get about 3 feet of air and launch about 6 feet out....but we went into some woods and found this other spot...it's all under water now but you can tell ..when the water goes down the sides of the hill's look like they are going to have a nice slop to them...well see...........water sux.....:mad:....haha oh yeah....
...this big country bunkin' mofo..had a suzuki 500 vinson or what ever it's called..had enugh rubber on his tire's to put soles on the entire national basketball assosiation's shoes..he could take it out of 4wd ya' know...i asked him how he liked the "zucki'..."ahh it's ahight'..(spit ding)..it'll do a doughnut like you wouldn't believe.." so he does the dougnut..gets about half way around and dirt rolls that big yellow p.o.s...it was hilarius man...big goofy was laughin' all the to the ground..(-TA-HUH-)...."golley thats about the fifth time i done done nat'" hehe"....boy i'm a big goofy red neck.i just don't learn"...sorry for all the hill billy bashin' but you just had to see and hear this bunkin' talkin'....i saw a snake too...macasin...about 4 foot away from me while i stopped to take a leak...looked about 3 foot long.about as big around as the hole your index and thumb finger's make...thats enugh....