PDA

View Full Version : Steering Dampener??(Is it worth it?)

Pepto_Bismol
02-04-2002, 07:31 AM
I pulled a couple of muscles in my left elbow, and every week it comes close to healing, but then I ride again on saturday and strain it. I can hardly stand the thought of NOT riding for a few weeks, but if I have to I will.
Question: If I get a steering dampener, will I avoid this problem in the future (will it help ease the elbow jerk and if so, to what extent?). Could you explain the whole idea behind it. I think I have an idea, but more opinions are always better. I hit large jumps and whoops mx style riding (hence the arm jerk). Anyone with experience with dampeners, your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Pepto :cool:

02-04-2002, 07:50 AM
I use one and like it alot,,,will it STOP the arm jerk,,,no. Help ease the jerk yes..(no I"m not callin you a jerk.:D ). YOu can adjust most of the good dampners from soft to hard. I've got mine set on almost the softest when MX riding,,and click it up about 2 more when trail riding,,yes it does help a bunch,,but if you got a sore spot you need to let it heal up completely and stop abusing it. Yes it's hard to not ride but worth the wait when your healed up,,heck I'm just now gettin back into riding after a 4 month halt..:(