PDA

View Full Version : 250x wont start...

kicken250x
10-04-2003, 06:05 PM
ive done everything i know to do. i checked the spark.... its getting spark...i checked the gas...its getting gas. i even pored a little down the spark plug hole and still it wouldnt even attemp to start.i havent switched the gas with new gas yet as soon as i get some ill do that. what else should i do? thanks alot for any help! later

HCR250X
10-04-2003, 06:16 PM
I know a couple problems I have had that may sound stupid but maybe it will work.

Make sure the light is off, most of the time if my light is on it will not start.

Put it on reserve, It looks like there is plenty of gas in the tank but the needs to bge on reserve.

Unpug the ignition, this is a last resort and once you unplug it it probably won't work after. There is a plug behind the light that you simply unhook. Just reach down in the little crack and pull out it out.

Check the plug, make sure it isn't fouled

and if it doesn't work after this, then it is something mechanical that I have no clue about.

You may think I am a dumb but you always over look the simplest little things

kicken250x
10-04-2003, 09:19 PM
i dont have a key in mine anymore, im running a pro design kill switch. ive took the ground off of it and tried starting it like that, nothing. i also dont have the lights hooked up right now. ive got good compression and a good spark plug. IM SO CONFUSED!!!:huh

ghak99
10-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Will you sell it as is?....

I would check the plug...sometimes they will spark outside of the cylinder but when gasesed compression they are too fouled to throw a spark...plus a plug is a cheap switch!

kicken250x
10-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ghak99
Will you sell it as is?....

I would check the plug...sometimes they will spark outside of the cylinder but when gasesed compression they are too fouled to throw a spark...plus a plug is a cheap switch!

how much would u pay for it as is? i was wanting to get ATLEAST 1600 for it and i doubt i could with it as is... unless you would be willing to give me that. i need atleast that much because im planing to buy a car soon so... thanks for the help tho guys!

komatsu kid
10-13-2003, 07:24 AM
once my old 250x won't start it had spark gas everything But the revrese switch was bad and it didnt have spark at the right time, so I put the wires together and it started right up

kicken250x
10-13-2003, 04:52 PM
what do u mean put the wires together?

komatsu kid
10-14-2003, 05:30 AM
when your sitting on your quad the reverse swith is on the right side you can see a wiring hareness almost to the bottom side of the engine cover, follow the wires from the switch to were they connect into the main wiring hareness unplug em and make a jumper wire connect the two wires that you unpluged with the jumper wire

kicken250x
10-14-2003, 03:37 PM
so what you are saying is take that wire off that runs behind that black cover plate and bolts to the motor and make a wire to run from one plug to the other?

ReconRider25
10-14-2003, 03:53 PM
is there a fuse on it that blew?

kicken250x
10-14-2003, 05:22 PM
nope...:rolleyes: im getting pissed...lol

HCR250X
10-15-2003, 06:53 PM
i remember when my cousin had his old 250x he had problems with it starting. He had to take a blow drywer and hit up sumthing under the front right fender. IDK what it is called or if this is even your problem but that is the only other thing i could think of.

Shawn H
10-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Komatsu kid is right that is a problem with the old 250x, get out the manual and trace the wiring to the reverse switch wire, unplug and jump the wire (completing the circuit) cuz the switch is a open switch. go to your dealer and they should let you copy a couple pages out of there manual if you dont have 1. try that and see what happens.

kicken250x
10-16-2003, 05:35 PM
oooooooo ok i see what he is talking about now, if im feeling better tomorrow im going to go out there and mess around with it i think i may have food poisoning or something...:rolleyes: anyways..thanks alot for the help and i hope this works! :::crosses fingers:::