PDA

View Full Version : Help E.s.r. 310 Kit

shook
02-03-2002, 08:12 PM
I have recently purchased a Eddie Sanders 310cc kit. The first time I had it running it lasted about 2 trips riding, then burnt the piston right where the exhaust port is on the cylinder.When it did it messed up the bottum end I sent the whole motor to him he was very fair on repairs.The whole bottum end was trashed needed new crank,rod,piston all the bearings were replaced very good price.I then went riding again and broke it in just as he said to.Then today we went riding and the motor just shut off and acted as if it had no compression.So I went back to the truck after being humiliated enough but a (raptor pulled me back) I pulled the cool head off and the piston is burnt in the exact same spot I even ran more jet than he recommended he said a 178 I had a 185 in it.Has anyone ever seen this before or are these motors junk I have heard good things about ESR and they have been very good to me, but if they continue this Id rather have a stock bore again,This thing is scary fast when it runs decked out banshees no problem raptors they are a joke. All kidding aside it is almost to fast but reliability there is none. HELP

NJ250Rrider
02-04-2002, 02:37 AM
I have an ESR310, trx9 porting and mid-top race gas domes. I blew my piston when it was new also!! After rebuilding it has been pretty reliable since ( about 5 rides on it).

Do you have their CR ignition or stock? Make sure your timing is set stock for running gas. Only advance it for alcohol.Also you should run at least 50/50 race gas mix but straight race gas is best for these motors,even with pump gas domes.

The more you work up any motor the more picky it becomes about jetting,weather,gas etc..