PDA

View Full Version : Survived another layoff.....:o

sly400ex
10-03-2003, 04:40 PM
Man, what a day. I've been with this comapny for over seven years now. Today was our 8/9th round of layoffs, and I made it. IT is so stressful waiting to see if it's your time or not....and it is very sad to see friends/ co-workers lose their jobs. The company I work for is is part of the TCOMM industry, and those of you that know this business or lack of......know it is very hard right now. My company has gone from a little over 9000 people in 2001 to less than 3000 after today. Very sad. Well, I'm still here, but trying to find another job before I'm just another forgotten soul from this place. :( :o :o

Bill Fuller
10-03-2003, 05:46 PM
I know your pain brother,I to am a communications worker it is rough everywhere.Hang in there things will pick back up.Whats the name of the company by the way?

sly400ex
10-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Tellabs.......... we are/use to be a strong backbone for all the Bell companies. A few years ago in the Chicagoland area, you could brag you worked there. Now when you say you work for Tellabs, people cringe and say they're sorry to hear that.:(