PDA

View Full Version : dg 2-stroke pipes?

joe250
02-03-2002, 06:58 PM
my friend has a blaster, an he wants to know if dgs are any good? Can anyone help?

KNOWSALOT
02-03-2002, 07:40 PM
DG's two stroke pipes are better known as a "slight better" stock replacement pipe more than for high performance. Their have been many pipe shootouts in the magazines over the years and every time,......DG opts to not have theirs included in them. Just the evidence.

Go with the FMF SST pipe or LRD. These are the pipes that pop up the most at the moto-cross tracks.

KNOWSALOT

Pro400EXC
02-03-2002, 09:27 PM
Tell Him to buy the DG then get some 20lb test spider line,a nd use it as a Sinker.Hehe. As far as I know the DG is about as good as thrownins sand in your motor(which ain't good at all).

Tell Him to get a LRD,Pro Circuit,Bills Pipe,Duncan or FMF.
I would go more for the LRD (because it has a diffrent routing,it runs right next to the motor on the right side,not starting out on the left then running over the head then along theright then out the back,like the stock and alot of others do)

Duncan and Bills are aslo good quality pipes.

02-04-2002, 06:42 AM
I think he'd be better off with an FMF setup..or tell him to buy one of them new Toomey pipes for blasters that they just came out with.