PDA

View Full Version : what model carb does a 400ex have???

sica
10-03-2003, 02:52 PM
i have already posted this and did not receive any helpful replies so i thought i would try one more time....i need to order some jets for my 2003 honda 400ex and i need to know what is the model,mm,....i am ordering them from dennis kirk and i need to know if it is a "p" series carb and are the piolet jets 21 or 22 series ...my local honda shop might as well burn to the ground because they can not tell me any of this......they did not even know that its a keihin carb....please post any useful info....

10-03-2003, 02:56 PM
just buy a dynojet kit and be done with ordering hodge podge jets over the phone only to wait 4 days to arrive and they be wrong. Get the dynojet kit an it'll come with everything you need, including lots of jets that ARE made for your carb..no guess work..:cool:

sica
10-03-2003, 03:49 PM
again i say i want some helpful info i want to know about the carb on a 400ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please do not reply unless it answers my ?'s

i had the dynojet kit and it was the biggest waste of money...i trhew it in the trash...i had more problems with that kit........the 4-wheeler runs 10 times better now that i have the stock parts back in the carb ...just a little lean so i need to buy a 150 main and a 40 pilot.....so all i need to know is what to tell them over the phone what i need...........that is all i want from this post........i feel these are very simple ?'s that can be answered on this board with the people having all this knowlege i just have to find the one that will share a little of it with me ...thats all:D

PHIL_B54
10-03-2003, 04:29 PM
the service manual says :

Carburetor identification number-----------QB10A

that's it.

like i told you before though, call c&d up (308) 696-7805 and say what you want. its no different than calling dennis kirk.

this will accomplish a couple things.....
1) you will get the exriders discount:D
2) you will talk with someone that has KNOWLEDGE with what you want, not just looking up up from a book:D
3) you wont have to post this again:D

sica
10-03-2003, 04:30 PM
HALAJULA FINALLY A GOOD ANSWER...THANKS:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sica
10-05-2003, 04:08 PM
do they have a internet site?

skemp
10-05-2003, 06:18 PM
There really isn't much to their site... :o Just call them up and get what you need.
You need a 21 series pilot BTW. :)

sica
10-05-2003, 08:13 PM
thanks that info will be helpful.....do you know what i need to tell them about the mail jet????

skemp
10-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Just a 150 main jet for a Keihin carb.

coryatver
10-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Have you thought about getting a 42 pilot? I think a 40 is only 1 size bigger.

dirtmomma
10-06-2003, 08:22 AM
I agree w/ Rico!!! Just get a DynoJet kit & it'll solve ALL your jetting problems. :)

10-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by sica
again i say i want some helpful info i want to know about the carb on a 400ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please do not reply unless it answers my ?'s

i had the dynojet kit and it was the biggest waste of money...i trhew it in the trash...i had more problems with that kit........the 4-wheeler runs 10 times better now that i have the stock parts back in the carb ...just a little lean so i need to buy a 150 main and a 40 pilot.....so all i need to know is what to tell them over the phone what i need...........that is all i want from this post........i feel these are very simple ?'s that can be answered on this board with the people having all this knowlege i just have to find the one that will share a little of it with me ...thats all:D

Sorry I couldn't help ya. but you do know that a dynojet kit has to be installed correctly to work the right way:confused:

JD400exrider
10-06-2003, 11:01 PM
I also aggree with Rico on this one. I had a dyno jet kit in my stock carb before going to the fcr. I had no problems Ran great. Put the mo fo in and ride it