PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Blaster jetting

EX LONERIDER
10-02-2003, 09:11 PM
anyone have a yamaha blaster with a pipe, silencer and k&n done to it? if so, how big did you go on the jets, what setting did you set the needles at and such? im tring to rejet my neighbors bike, but have no instructions to base my jetting off of. they have a pro circuit full factory system with a k&n. most of their riding is in the california dunes. buttercup, glamis, gordon's, ogilby, around that area.any help?:confused:

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-02-2003, 09:19 PM
with the airbox lid off your gonna be in the 270-300 range most likely.

JUSTINcredible
10-02-2003, 09:23 PM
id say it would be right around there, to find it exactly be sure to check your plug so you dont blow it up! the plug should be a brownish paper bag color

dirtmomma
10-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Well our blster has a FMF p/s, NO airbox, UNI filter, soooo.......
for the jetting we run a 300, w/ the needle in the middle, when we go farther down south(Olympia) sometime depending on weather we can run up to a 310.
Good luck they are picky *******s hehehe

BTW we are at about 500' ft level:)

Adam202
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
when my 98 blaster was piped with a Toomey b1 pipe and silencer it had a 320 jet, uni air filter with alot of uni air vents on the lid. it ran for about a year and then blew up. i think the jetting was a bit lean but it also had been ragged for 3 years so that had alot to do with it. i now have it completly stock.

EX LONERIDER
10-03-2003, 11:35 AM
cool, that at least gives me something of a base to work with. i can fine tune it from there on i think ill try like a 300 or so, and move from there. better to run it a little rich then too lean.:cool: