PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers??HELP!!!

James70214
02-03-2002, 05:27 PM
First off I know that they are not the best for your quad. I am getting a RPM Dominator axle. And my front shocks are supposed to come this week, but I am using my stock A-arms because I could not afford them at this time. Would anything that bad happen if I used front wheel spacers for a season?

02-03-2002, 07:00 PM
When you say "for a season".... are you racing mx or xc? If so, its not recommended and most of the experienced racers will tell you so. I use them on my 400 in front but my riding only consists of trail and fun. The reason for this is it puts additional stress on your tie rods which could bend should you be doing serious jumping. Like 20+ foot doubles, etc.... I do like them and the additional width allows me to ride a little bit more aggressive when turning. Hope this helps. If you do buy them, I recommend the durablue graphlites...the ones you have to replace the bolts.

Good Luck

02-04-2002, 08:02 AM
I ran durablue front spacers on my 400 for a complete MX season,,probably wouldn't have lasted 2 season but I was hitting big jumps all year,,with no problems.

James70214
02-04-2002, 08:11 AM
I am talking about one season of mx racing doing some pretty big jumps(70 foot doubles). Any thing bad happen rico?

02-04-2002, 08:49 AM
I didn't have anything happen,,and was hitting some big jumps. If your bottoming out shocks or landing in the flats I don't think it would be a good thing,,but I had some pretty hard landings and they held up pretty good.

James70214
02-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Thanks alot Rico. Hopefully my new axis shocks will help on those hard landings. Ho much did you pay for yours? Do you still have them? Wanna sell em to me? Thanks alot.

02-05-2002, 11:29 AM
lol ... Phriggin hysterical signature Rico... lol

Havent had any probs with my front spacers yet...other than almost breaking my thumb hitting a rock. Any suggestions on a stabilizer? DENTON OR PEP?

I've heard spacers for the rear tires is bad news tho...