PDA

View Full Version : why is 250r the best

mod300ex
10-02-2003, 06:22 PM
im an all 250r fan and love it and would never change from a different quad i was just wondering why they are the best....my friend thinks "banshee all the way "lol whast he know.would they beat a shee.i kno they would just need u gusy to say yea

10-02-2003, 08:37 PM
actually a banshee will blow a 250r's doors off in a drag but its the best quad and the best handling quad for mx

310Rduner
10-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 400mxracing
actually a banshee will blow a 250r's doors off in a drag but its the best quad and the best handling quad for mx

Sorry, but that does'nt apply to ALL shee's and r's.. us big bores tend to give them some trouble..;)

wilkin250r
10-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Every quad has good points and bad points. The banshee is wicked fast, in a straight line...

400EX is bulletproof with good handling, probably the best trail quad around, but it takes some pretty serious money to make them fast.

The 250r is fast, with great handling. But it requires constant maintenance. (though not as much as the banshee)

Raptor, big, powerful, takes a lot of money to get them to handle well. And tranny problems.

Dollar for dollar, the 250r is the best for any type of racing other than drag...

Chef
10-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Sorry, but that does'nt apply to ALL shee's and r's.. us big bores tend to give them some trouble..;)

How would you know what a big bore does?:p

Narly R
10-02-2003, 10:15 PM
LOL! Ya r are the best for everything besides straight on drags, but some are hella fast. R is and r thast that!:cool:

Dudefire607
10-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner

Yes, but don't you actually own a 310R? Stock for stock a Shee will eat a 250R for lunch in a drag or up a dune. Yes, before you all pipe up and tell me about the rider skill thing I will do the obligatory extra typing and state that "assuming the riders are similar in their riding abilites"

DF...

310Rduner
10-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Dudefire607
Yes, but don't you actually own a 310R? Stock for stock a Shee will eat a 250R for lunch in a drag or up a dune. Yes, before you all pipe up and tell me about the rider skill thing I will do the obligatory extra typing and state that "assuming the riders are similar in their riding abilites"

DF...

Hmm i dont know man, some people out there like Rick @ macdizzy, and curtis and port some Wicked fast R's that would smoke shee's. It's all in the port and set-up.

bradley300
10-03-2003, 09:06 AM
handleing, they dont have the fastest or most powerful motor, but they handle so much better than other quads (especialy banshees) that its still gonna get you around the track quicker

Chef
10-03-2003, 05:47 PM
CC for CC, and with the same porting an R motor will make more HP than the same size and ported Shee motor. My PSI 425 PV R has just as much, if not more, HP than a 428 Stroker Banshe built by Louie Swan. Both of these motors have the same money in them, and the combo of me and my bike is heavier than the Banshee and the kid who rides it. I can out accelerate him, get into the corner harder, get through the center better, and pull him coming out. Drag port a 500cc Banshee. Have K&T Drag port a 250cc cylinder. Pull one spark plug cap off the shee so its only working with 250cc, and see which is faster.

joeroadking
10-03-2003, 10:09 PM
in a straight line with no bumps a banshee will smoke the hell out of a 250r, I have 2 rs and I know, now put some tech stuff woods jumps berms , and the r will completly spank the shee, all other things being equal of course! I think what makes 250r so great is the fact that the handle,so well just great geometry and we all must admite 250rs have achieved almost like a cult following my bikes are 1986 and I can hold my own with most. 2003 now with the the new 450r maybe the r will be outdated finally.who knows but one things for sure there will always be an r somewhere in my garage, or in my spare bedroom,I think I need some help?

RIDER11X
10-03-2003, 11:17 PM
I rode last weekend with a group of guy's that all own R's, and they are heavy into hillclimbing. I must say these technical hills were really nasty, and a TRX or LT are the ONLY quads that I would consider using for that. 2 strokes RULE the hills because of the way they can recover their RPM's so easily whereever needed. Awesome machines!

Yes, my 400 came home with a bent steering stem, from............................... :rolleyes: :eek: :D

joeroadking
10-04-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I rode last weekend with a group of guy's that all own R's, and they are heavy into hillclimbing. I must say these technical hills were really nasty, and a TRX or LT are the ONLY quads that I would consider using for that. 2 strokes RULE the hills because of the way they can recover their RPM's so easily whereever needed. Awesome machines!

Yes, my 400 came home with a bent steering stem, from............................... :rolleyes: :eek: :D

I feel as though this would be a week area for the 250r , tech uphills that are steep and real tight , this is just where the get bad you have to keep dumping it on the clutch and if it is not soft like hardpack rock whatever it either wants to flip or you have to feather the clutch(burning it out , where as a decent 400ex just put it in 1st or second get your weight on the front and just put up last weekend I was on somerelly steep hills on solid rock real tight and I was wishing I was on my old ex. now on the other hand if iywas sand or loose ground the r would beawesome on the hill

Chanman420q
10-04-2003, 10:17 AM
because, they had the best power and handling combination, it had the handling to make it around the track and power to push its self. U could buy one off the floor and race it that day.

10-04-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
because, they had the best power and handling combination, it had the handling to make it around the track and power to push its self. U could buy one off the floor and race it that day. yea..there stock shocks kick *** for racing:huh

300exQuadracer
10-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
LOL! Ya r are the best for everything besides straight on drags, but some are hella fast. R is and r thast that!:cool:

i blow the doors of my buddies 426ex, and stick right beside my other buddies 440ex in a drag with my r

toby400ex
10-04-2003, 04:42 PM
I dont know bout all u guys , but i beat a piped shee with my piped 400. Thank god the shee rider wasnt smart enough to start in the grass instead of the dirt.:blah: