PDA

View Full Version : Street legal quad

SLO Nish
10-02-2003, 04:16 PM
I was wondering if you can do this in any state. I have heard that you can convert them in Utah(?) I am in CA and was wondering if you could with lights, turn signals, horn, dot tires, etc...

Thanks for any help,
SLO Nish

remlapr
10-02-2003, 04:50 PM
They can't have more then 3-wheels in CA. There is a raptor that was converted to a single rear wheel and made street legal. Do some searches on here and you will probably find the pics. It was also in Dirtwheels a couple of months ago.

Arizona and Utah are the only two states I have heard of that will let you make it street legal with 4 wheels.

JLanphear
10-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
They can't have more then 3-wheels in CA. There is a raptor that was converted to a single rear wheel and made street legal. Do some searches on here and you will probably find the pics. It was also in Dirtwheels a couple of months ago.

Arizona and Utah are the only two states I have heard of that will let you make it street legal with 4 wheels.

You can in Wyoming too...Wyoduner on here has a street legal Banshee.

You gotta call your local DMV regarding the restrictions...Like remlapr said a lot of states say you can have more than 3 wheels (doesn't that make a lotta sense since 3 wheelers are outlawed...doh :huh ).

Vermont is the same way...only 3 wheels.

Pretty bad that you can make an XR 50 street legal here but you can't make a quad.

-Josh

chucked
10-03-2003, 09:47 AM
www.streetlegalatv.com

FourFiftyFour
10-03-2003, 11:11 AM
I saw a KFX400 with those big rims goin down a feeder road when I was goin to a track... I had to look away bc i didnt want to puke