PDA

View Full Version : Chad Duvalls Bike

*$BlueFlash$*
10-02-2003, 10:28 AM
One of chad duvalls great friends have let him borrow the new yzf
450 for the last two races what a pal thats what i call a great friend.

coryatver
10-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Not a bad deal. He probley has gotten it all tricked out. And I think he might have also got a 470 in it too.

jlhughes750
10-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Hey Blueflash!!! please elaborate.........does this friend have a name????

Thats great Chad deserves a great ride, he's a great competitor.
He should have a GNCC championship under his belt one of these years. He left for a while and then just showed up and was right back in the frt. again..... this is one of the reasons i think that if Hawk ran again he'd be right up there first time out..

Smokey
10-02-2003, 12:32 PM
The friend is just a friend and nothing else and that how he wants to be known .The motor is how Chad wants it "STOCK" not a 470 ...

coryatver
10-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey here is a pic of him from ********
http://********.com/images/duvallspartaky03.jpg

*$BlueFlash$*
10-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Yes a friend is just a friend and what i have heard the bike is very tricked out and very good looking and does not have a 470 kit in it is a bone stock motor

Smokey
10-03-2003, 12:26 AM
That pic is actually from the GNCC website and it was taken at the Matthews Farm GNCC

Badger_Skid
10-03-2003, 05:31 AM
Hey Blueflash, what did you think of the skidplates, good? Bad? Don't have an opnion....

Always looking for some input.............

Deric Herrmann
Badger Racing Products
dherrmann@fuse.net

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 07:04 AM
Friends like that are great!!!

Anyone??? In that pic. what graphics kit is on that 450 also does he use 4-1 wheels with the stock frt. end or std. 2-3 wheels??

thanks? i'm gonna be building one in a month or so, just lookin for info, thanks..

lt250r91
10-03-2003, 08:40 AM
4-1 offset
Houser Long travel +1 a-arms
Houser +2 or 3 steering stem
New GPR steering damper
IMS 3.2 quick fill tank
White Brothers Graphic Kit and Seat cover
Cycra Pro Series Guards
Tag T2 Bars
Elka Suspension
And I think he's running the White Brothers Pipe system.

That's all I can think of, someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. Just going off memory on what was on the machine.

Smokey
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Deric the skids are awsome looking as always keep up the good work.
Mike your pretty close on everything . The graphics and seat cover are GYTR and it is Houser a-arms with 4on1 wheels and White Brothers full pipe ....Everyone should look at the bike this weekend there are some changes from that and we all need to let Chad know we are behind him 100% . Get everyone to YELL and SCREAM more than ever when he is on the line this weekend and they call his name . Good luck to everyone this weekend .

*$BlueFlash$*
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
I think this weekend is going to be a good weekend for chad cause i went riding with him [of cours i didnt keep up with him] but chad was riding harder and faster than i have ever seen him ride before i dont no why maybe cause he wants to win this weekend or he just wanted to get the pressure of mickey off of him or what but i no he was allin butt. good luck to everybody and especially chad and his mechanic bryan jones for getting the bike together in time.

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Chad and Yoke are tied for points and have near identical finishes after averaged out. If Chad wins this one they'll each have 5 wins.
Man what a battle!!!!! wish i could be there for this one!!! and depending on where yoke finishes (after chad wins) chad will have a slim lead going to Indy!!!!! good luck chad, may the force be with you.(force your way throught the pack that is!!!!!)

later, J

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 11:06 AM
also thanks for the info on the bike!!!! so the plus ones and 4-1 are OK. not too wide!! what spindles do they use??

Smokey
10-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Yea they work fine , call Houser to make sure on the leanth of the a-arms but I think they are +1's .he is just useing stock spindles and hubs .

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 11:44 AM
thanks again for the info Smokey.

i was curious, were currently working with Gibson building an XC frt. end for the YFZ's.. should work pretty nice..

later, J

Smokey
10-03-2003, 12:34 PM
I have been told that Laz at GT Thunder has some a-arms too that helps alot . you might even want to talk to him ....

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 12:41 PM
were usin 19 inchers on my R with Gibson XC arms and 4-1s. amn what a set up it works awsome.. i don't think were gonna use 19's on the yfz theres not enough room.. it looks like 18's are gonna work the best there gonna be almost +1 then we'll use 4-1 wheels to offset the difference... can't wait!!!

thanks for the info its great to associate with informative people that don't mind sharing info.... man we should all be on our way to Ohio now, but i'm stuck here at work :grr: :mad: :eek2: :eek:

Oh well theres always next year:blah:

Smokey
10-03-2003, 12:49 PM
I am in Ohio and I am headed for work now ..I am going to the race first thing in the morning ....If your there go by the Duvall pits and talk to Chad about his bike I am sure he will let you know what ever you need to find out .

Badger_Skid
10-03-2003, 01:02 PM
We're leaving first thing in the morning about 5 am, you guys should stop by my booth, we'll be there showing off some skids.

Stop by and introduce yourself, if I'm not there I'll be running around looking for riders. Rick will be holding down the fort but he's a cool guy.

See you guys at the race,

Drive carefully.

Deric Herrmann
Badger Racing Products
dherrmann@fuse.net

DeCesare79
10-06-2003, 12:21 PM
JHughes, How is the develpment on the YZF Gibson Front End? I think Dirk might build one for next year. Yokely had new prototype Roll Design A-Arms on his Suzuki that he said used 20' shocks at this last race.

jlhughes750
10-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Luke: u and your Bro get on the phone to Matt at ecatv, tell him what your plans are he'll help u out!!!i'm tellin u!!