PDA

View Full Version : changing airboxes!! (400ex)

Giz400ex
02-03-2002, 02:50 PM
Recently bought a Pingry airbox and have a question!! How do you disconnect the rubber boot that connects to the carb???? It seems to be sealed with some kind of sealant but before I do anything stupid I thought I would ask the people here!! And if anybody here has a Pingry airbox, is there any thing I should know before installing this sucker!! Thanks

kabd69667
02-03-2002, 03:03 PM
You mean how to get it off the carb or the stock air box

JhallettEX
02-03-2002, 03:10 PM
It is not connected using anything, just pull the sucka off, make sure you have it completely on, after you put it on look on the bottom side and make sure it is on completely, it would cause for major problems if you dont have it on al the way. I am pretty sure taht pingry does not use a lid, so if you have not rejetter yet i would recommend you do so or she aint goin to run right.

Giz400ex
02-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Oops!! Sorry about that guys!! I describe it wrong!!! I haven't pulled of the stock airbox off yet and I was wondering how do you pull of the rubber boot off the stock airbox??? Its already off the carb, just how do you get it off the stock airbox???

96300ex
02-03-2002, 04:39 PM
the same way

just pull the sucka off

Blackguywithouta400
02-03-2002, 04:49 PM
You will have to do some shaving with a dremel or razar because you will have to cut off the part for the snorkle then keeping wtih the circle follow the patern of the rest of the boot. Here is a picture of my airbox, i mad it but the same idea