PDA

View Full Version : What 2 do with Airbox Lid?

Insanity
10-01-2003, 09:40 PM
I have a 2001 300ex, I bought it jetted, with k&n and the cover, I was told not to run lid cause of the jets but I'm always getting water and mud in the bottom...and I've read too much bad about outerwares on the box and not sure about the ehs lide.. What's ya'lls opinion??? Any help please??

stupid driver
10-01-2003, 09:50 PM
I took mine and just cut out all of it except the sides and rear. This creates kind of a lip that draws in a little more air, and protects a bit more against splashin water, etc.

Diedrich
10-01-2003, 09:52 PM
yeah u could do what he said..on my 300 i bought some of the uni airbox vents..i think they're like $8 for 6 of em..u drill 1" holes in your airbox and insert the pop-in filters..they keep dirt and mud out

JD400exrider
10-01-2003, 10:15 PM
I have the ehs lid. It works well, however it is not water tight. It will let some water in if you hit a puddle wide open. The little vents diedrich mentioned may work better. Or just don't hit the water as fast.

JOEX
10-01-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm leaning toward one of the EHS type lids myself. I think they might add a bit more prtection than the stock set up if you block off the snorkle hole. All air entering the box will be filtered somewhat.

I do have an idea that might help with the water issues but I will have to wait till I get one to see if it will work;)

Joe

hondarider2006
10-01-2003, 11:56 PM
pull that little drain plug out of the bottem of the airbox and leave it off, it will let the water drain out while riding, instead of making a puddle in your box....I left mine in, and while rinding one day, my box got a s@#t load of water in it, I talked to a friend with his lid off, and he told me to leave that plug out. This of course was AFTER I had re-jetted for my lid on.....I figured it wasn't worth taking the chance of blowing my motor cause water got into it...so I put the lid back on.