PDA

View Full Version : Pro Fab 330 installed

Derf
10-01-2003, 08:19 PM
I got my engine back today from Pro Fab ATV. It took about 1-1/2 weeks to get done. I got the 330 kit, port & polish, new rev limiter, cam, and all new springs and rocker arms. Everything went back togethter pretty easy, no problems. Also put on an oil cooler. I let it idle to warm up and let it cool down about 4 times per Scott's instructions. I took it for a quick putt up the road just because i had to, it was also 10:00 at night and i took my light off a while ago so i could not see very good. I very happy so far.

I do have one question though for anyone that can help me. Scott's phone was out of service today so i could not get a hold of him. In the parts he sent is a round "gasket" of some sort and is about an 1/8" thick. It's the same size as the head pipe but im not sure if thats were its goes. Anyone know?

10-01-2003, 08:37 PM
The exhaust does need a gasket so I would say that is it.

Derf
10-02-2003, 10:06 AM
That's what it is. I got on Honda and opened the exploded blueprint with the part numbers and the # on the bag match the one on the print. Gotta put that on tonight. Would it hurt anything running it for a very short time with out the gasket?

ride300exrider
10-02-2003, 03:07 PM
what kit did u get and what did it all come to(to get the motor to him and back plus all the parts and the kit itself) i am thinking about getting a motor kit so let me know. also tell me what type of gains u get, when u can. pm me if u want

300XFST4602
10-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Keep us posted caus i am planning on getting the same kit , thanks Ryan

Out_Sider
10-02-2003, 07:32 PM
i already bought the kit, just need installation

JEFF400EX
10-03-2003, 10:19 AM
:huh
What the hell are you talk'n about.... I helped him put it in and I think it will out-run my 400ex... so that makes it junk from my opinion....

NO just kidd'n... went together super easy and sounds great. After he quits muck'n around and gets it broke in, we'll advise as far as compared to a 400ex speed....
:blah:

Derf
10-03-2003, 10:20 AM
This is the parts list straight from www.Profabatv.com

300 EX - $1395.00*
330cc Big Bore Kit - Very Fast, Very Reliable.

Includes:

330cc JE Piston/LA Sleeve Big Bore Kit
Honda O.E.M. Gasket Set
Web Camshaft
Hardened Rocker Arms
Hi-Performance Valve Spring Kit
Competition Port & Polish
Heavy-Duty Clutch Springs
Re-Sleeve Stock Cylinder to 330cc
Bore/Hone to Size
Jet Carb
Modify Airbox Lid
Modify CDI Box

Their was another $40 charge for some replacement parts and it was about $80 one way to ship from my dad's business. Im about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh. It only took about a day & 1/2 to get there and same on the way back.

Derf
10-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by JEFF400EX
:huh
What the hell are you talk'n about.... I helped him put it in and I think it will out-run my 400ex... so that makes it junk from my opinion....

NO just kidd'n... went together super easy and sounds great. After he quits muck'n around and gets it broke in, we'll advise as far as compared to a 400ex speed....
:blah:

:rolleyes:
The nice thing about the 330 kit, it doesn't change the look of the quad. It still looks the same even from the rear when its pullin on you. .............how was lunch :D

ABM-Cannibal
10-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Let me know how your 330 kit works out. My 300 is stock and would love to do this, but don't want to invest $1,595 if it won't beat a stock or piped 400ex.