PDA

View Full Version : crappy snowmobil, but is this a good deal???

400exbiggun
10-01-2003, 05:20 PM
ok, you dont know how bad i wanted to push my quads off a cliff last winter:mad: ...i missed all the good snow and all my friends went snowmobiling, except me, cause i dont have one, and the blaster decided to get bad axle bearings, then the week of the biggest snow, it blew up...well my friend has 4 snowmobiles, a polaris, and 3 ski-doo's...one he could not get running last winter, and would have let me ride it, turns out it had a bad cdi and needed a sparkplug changed...my friends keep saying "get a sled, so we can ride" i wanna get a lt250, but that sled that didnt run last year is a ski-doo safari 377, i know my dad said they are crappy beasts, but he said his dad will sell it to me for $400, i said $300...if i get it for 300 do you think it is a good deal...i went over ther a couple weeks ago, and tried to start it, it started first pull and sounded ok. But it was sitting on its tracks all summer and my dad said that will stretch it out...do you think that is a good deal??? all i would really do it keep it for the winter and get rid of it later and get a better one....
so???

4TraxRider
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
If it runs alright, it'll be alright. Sleds that old things will happen. The track will be fine, we bought one that sat outside for 6 years to restore. The old ski-doo's weren't bad machines in their day.

400exbiggun
10-01-2003, 05:44 PM
ok thanks, he said that he really wants $375, but he said the first snow i can test ride it, and if something is wrong, he will sell it to me for 300, but if it is good, i can get it for 375...i have to talk to his dad and find out.
and the bike was sitting for more than a year on their driveway uncoverd...so i guess i have to really sell this 400ex... SOME ONE PLEASE BUY IT:macho

ny300exrider
10-01-2003, 05:46 PM
i have a 1973 john deere 440 that still runs every winter. that thing is a beast, it is a cloud of smoke but i must say it is fast!! not too stable though haha i flipped it last year. oh well its up to you, i like to quad in the snow because lots of my freinds quad in the snow and its fun tryin to race and stuff when a snowmobile blows everyone away. sounds like a good deal though

10-01-2003, 06:18 PM
how much you sellin the 400ex for?

4wheelboy
10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
yea i pmed you how much?:confused:

400exbiggun
10-02-2003, 01:21 PM
$3300, BUT THE PRICE IS NOT FIRM, i need to sell

JTRtrx250r
10-02-2003, 01:48 PM
:confused: you are making it sound like you wanna sell the quad for an old $400 sled haha,most of my pals have sleds for winter,Ive been thinking about getting an older 1 myself,just not that old :blah: its kinda funny..they have these little aluminum boxes hose-clamped to the exhaust pipes ,they're like little ovens and they cook their lunches(like hot-dogs etc) while they ride,I was lmao when I saw those,maybe to some of you sled-heads thats old news:blah:

btw..what yr is the 337?(just trying to get an idea)

Rip_Tear
10-02-2003, 05:40 PM
I would say, kinda. I don't know what sled prices are in the US, but it doesn't sound bad as long as it runs and it isn't rusted out :D Just keep it maintained! Keep it filled with oil, and keep extra spark plugs on it!

400exbiggun
10-02-2003, 05:53 PM
...lol...yeah, the reason i am selling the ex is i need a car...no money plus a 3k quad=no car...so i have to get rid of the ex for that. then i have money in the bank for a sled and a lt, but i cant get one till i get rid of some, i have 2 dirt bikes, a 400ex, and a three wheeler, i have to get some gone before i get 2 more.
and he is not the brighest when it comes to quads, or anything with a motor, and he has no clue what year it is...my other friend says it is a 1987 or around there...its not too rusted, and i guess he put new runners or whatever on it (i know $hit about snowmobiles:eek: )...hahahah

ReconRider25
10-02-2003, 06:22 PM
forget about the doo. get an arctic cat!:devil:

nacs400ex
10-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Yeah Arctic Cat, my dad wants to get a zrt 600 or an f6 firecat I beleive. I dont know lots about sleds, just that Arctic Cat is the best. I have a 1976 Jag 340, the thing has like zero suspension but I beat it. I jump it off huge drifts land and tumble off lol. I want to bore our little jag out and make it fast. But I guess starting off with a 340 is pretty pointless. Last year my dad almost bought a thunder cat with a complete dragmotor. The person just rode it on the lakes. He said it was clocked at 140 mph??

I want a new sled something for SnoX but I dont have the money. I for sure aint selling the R. Is it true bombardier(ski doo) is going under???