PDA

View Full Version : Foot Of the Mountain 10/5/03 Harescramble

jlhughes750
10-01-2003, 01:37 PM
on your way home from the GNCC this week, check out the District 6 Harescramble at the Foot of the Mountain.

Its in Neelyton Pa. over the mountain from Path Valley Speedway.

Awsome woods course on the side of a mountain, lots of rocks and hill climbs, and some rocky hillclimbs to.

Its off the Pa. turnpike 2 exits west of Carlisle..

if anyone interested i'll post a link with directions.
I'm sure the usuals will be there after the GNCC Borich,Smiley,Hertz Bros Racing,Harlen,Rothermel,Krachun etc.

jlhughes750
10-01-2003, 01:42 PM
i'm hackin a lung right now and got a lil fever but i'll be there!!!!!!!

I gotta get back into this, i can't hang with the guys i used to, and i can't get faster at home on the recliner.. my guts still sore from the dman last week.hahahaha

gonna start ridden pissed and forget the pain:mad:

or not:confused:

later, J

ex kid
10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
ill go with the or not. ahahaha ur mad.

i might be there to spectate and throw mudpies at j.

Derno24
10-01-2003, 09:12 PM
What is this spectating stuff???? Of course I'll be there I missed the last one and now I am ready to get in people's way again. :devil:

Admin
10-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Ron is just another obsticle on the course for the other riders to navigate around:D

jlhughes750
10-02-2003, 06:59 AM
I would be an A class obstacle then...
get the holeshot and give them A guys some practice passing me for the first mile or 2!!!!! I usually don't pull over till they start hitting me!!!:eek2:

what time do things get started out there????

Also: Jim Bull from MRA(motorcycleracingaction) will be there with me. We're gonna get some shots of the racers from the D6... Pa State champs and stuff.. Not just champs but everyone... if u see us there, come up and say hi!!! Get your face in a race paper, MRA is a REAL race paper its not some Grocery store ragfull of shiny color ADS!!! I don't see DW out here covering the districts and locals!!! sure they have covered the GNCC's like 3 of them this year..Pathetic!! MRA has covered every GNCC round and most of the D6's.. Plus everyone i see this weekend better have 5 bucks on them cause your buying a subscription to MRA...5$ for a year, DW cost nearly 6$ for one issue!! If its race coverage u want(from races your in) then see us this weekend!!!
later, J

Pappy
10-02-2003, 07:01 AM
i dont think ive been to this course yet...what is it like?

ZRacer
10-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Yeah, Pappy hasn't seen many race courses at all lately:(

Lets just say there are a few rocks! I might try to make it or the D7 race at Tomahawk. It really depends on how well the quad and I do in Ohio.

ex kid
10-02-2003, 08:14 AM
yes spectating, my bike is a bit f'd up from its accident. im takin my time gettin parts cause the points season for me is over.

Pappy
10-02-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ZRacer
Yeah, Pappy hasn't seen many race courses at all lately:(

Lets just say there are a few rocks! I might try to make it or the D7 race at Tomahawk. It really depends on how well the quad and I do in Ohio.

im down for tomohawk...3 miles from the new house:D

Derno24
10-02-2003, 08:21 AM
So Pappy and Harlen I guess I can not expect to see you. Big girllies. Man everyone is falling off this time of year. Marlin hasn't made it to many races, Lenny is just Lenny, Dave where has he been. I need to find some racing partners here. Hey Harlen is Ralph going???:blah:

ZRacer
10-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Nope, Ralph said he won't be able to make it either.

Derno24
10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
So now you and pappy live next to one another....Hmmmmm

Pappy
10-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
So now you and pappy live next to one another....Hmmmmm

no...we live about 10 minutes from each other now...when i move to the new house we will liuve an hour or so apart

jlhughes750
10-02-2003, 11:34 AM
What do we have to do to get u guys out there!!!!!!

Tomohawk?? cmon now i thought u guys were D6 racers:mad:

I have not raced Foot since there first 3 races they had there. I heard its changed a bit..

Just got off the phone with the Carman, he's game. Isaid what r u doing this sunday he said, whatever your doin!!!!!

We need to get his Skids fixed up on the ROLL. We both have a bunch of family junk to do from now till sat. so i might lend him the EX. He'll run 4stroke A most likely. i'm sure he'd rather run the ROLL but i don't feel like welding up his skid plate this week.

I think you'd be a fool to run there with out a skid plate..

Hey ZRACER and Harlen!!! DK WILL be at this GNCC round with Tyson, there leaving late friday night.. he was gonna go to the Dman last week but i think the rain frightened him:huh

later, J

ZRacer
10-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Great to hear DK will make to the National.

Also, I spoke with the promoter for the FOTM race and he said that the track is totally different than in the past. It has been cleaned of alot of the rocks. Also, it is wider like Back Mountain. The start and everything has been moved to a new area. The portions of the course that are the same will be run backwards. Also the mud holes have been replaced with bridges for enviromental reasons. He was really excited about the new and improved track.

Man, he really tempted me into wanting to go to the race instead of Tomahawk.

jlhughes750
10-02-2003, 12:29 PM
great!!! I'll see u there Zracer!!!!!!

what time??? Jim (MRA) wants to get some pics and info from some guys

Derno24
10-02-2003, 01:41 PM
JL: find me at ft and I will give you the 5 bucks for the subscription.

ex kid
10-02-2003, 05:55 PM
yea dude dont lend me the 400. im just messin. tell dan to get back at pine grove. i havnt seen tyson at a local for a while.

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 07:47 AM
exkid, whatchu talkin bout, speak english!! u goin or what???
, i see your online, arent u in school now???

Derno? what r u drivin and ridin i'll find u!!

Derno24
10-03-2003, 08:00 AM
I will be coming in the Dodge Ram 2500 quadcab Diesel. It is Dark red with a 7x14 enclosed trailer (Black) in tow. I ride a Cannondale Cannibal unless I decide on the z at the last minute.

ex kid
10-03-2003, 08:09 AM
im in school, chill out.
thats the best english i speak.
im not racing.
my bike is not ready.
i might be going to watch.

understand that slappy?:devil:

Derno24
10-03-2003, 10:55 AM
For a kid in school he is yelling at you pretty loud JL. Now the real question is are you gonna take that???:devil: INSTIGATING......

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 10:58 AM
i've been known to veer off the track unexpectadly!!! I hope there isn't a certain spectator near by when i do!:eek:

Derno, i'll find u when i get there!!

JOEDIRT- quickfill???? thanks man!!;)
got a clutch for ya too dirtball!!!:blah:

Pappy
10-03-2003, 11:02 AM
sure is alot of "smack" from a bunch of mud monkey's:eek: :blah:

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey Crappy:eek: i meen Pappy!!! When u gonna show up to a race again?????? .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........still waiting........................................... .................................................. ............................my point is made!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

u can keep the "smack" i'm not into that stuff no mo!!!!:blah:

Pappy
10-03-2003, 11:52 AM
lol....lemme get moved and settled then ill come rub tree's wit ya:D

btw...how's the new rug rat?

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 11:57 AM
shes great... lil girl for the wife.. 1 boy and 1 girl now were done!!! Jakes gonna be out for a few Dman races this year, he loves these quads, calls them vroom vrooms.....

he's a great kid. he drives the ex with me on the back!!!!! and he's not even 2:blah: :blah: can u say youngest ever GNCC champ????????;)

later

Derno24
10-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol....lemme get moved and settled then ill come rub tree's wit ya:D

btw...how's the new rug rat?

First people are talkin smack then it get's sexual? I don't want to know about you rubbin tree's.:blah:

Jl: (you son)Here comes someone else that can outrun me at the races.

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 12:43 PM
maybe not for a year or so!!!!! hes been hangin with Borich and Smiley on the weekends. they wont let me hang with them though:rolleyes:

Derno24
10-03-2003, 12:58 PM
So next year he will be the one to beat then. That Harlen guy is just too damn old to be able to beat your son.:devil: :blah:

ex kid
10-03-2003, 01:05 PM
j better keep quiet or i may see to it that dirtball dont get there with the fill can and it gets sent to my graje.:blah: or maybe ill put put a rock or two in dem mud pies:p

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 01:17 PM
ENUFROMU KID

ex kid
10-03-2003, 03:07 PM
are you talking?

Derno24
10-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Settle this like men on the race course. Oh that's right ex kid doesn't have a machine.

Maybe I should lend him one........hmmmmmmmm. NOPE. j/k:blah: :macho

Ex'r Marlin
10-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
Big girllies. Marlin hasn't made it to many races...

:rolleyes:

Hope to see you guys out there... Just don't leave without me RON!:)

ex kid
10-03-2003, 04:32 PM
where did this joker come from?(Ex'r Marlin) havnt herd much from him for a little while.

Derno24
10-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Marlin: I am waiting for that call sunday morning......uh Ron I don't think I'm gonna go today I have things to do today. At least you call people back unlike Lenny.

jlhughes750
10-03-2003, 06:53 PM
possible rain on saturday but sunday should be nice.

EXKID i'd lend u my wifes quad but it might be too much for u!!!:blah:

i was just out checking over the R, i totally forgot i got plowed into by a wild banshee at the dman last week. my silecer is trashed, gonna be doin some surgery in the barn and piece it back together.

on a seperate note: My god!!!!!!!!! u shoulda seen the 10 pointer up in the field tonight:blah: :blah: if it were monday i could have poked him with the arrow i wouldn't have even had to use the bow!!!!!! i was about to take the R for a rip to check things over and i saw him pop outta the woods.................. i never did get to ride!!!:grr:

ex kid
10-03-2003, 08:33 PM
dont worry about it. if im there ill be takin pointers from dirtball and the rest of u dudes.

Ex'r Marlin
10-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
where did this joker come from?(Ex'r Marlin) havnt herd much from him for a little while.
Sorry... Been out of action for awhile. Hope to do some "whoop arse" on Ron (Derno24) though on Sunday!:D :macho

Thanks Ron... Please do not void my sponsorship from you!!!!
:D

Lenny needs to come to one of these races... Hopefully before the year end.:rolleyes:

jlhughes750
10-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Hey where was everyone..

we had 3 A riders 5 vets like 5 B 2 strokers and 5 B thumpers

!!!!!!!!!AWSOME TRACK U GUYS MISSED A KILLER RACE TRACK!!!!

of course i got there around 10am and it did not start till 2pm

Mark Carman took his first A class win ever.
Mark Thompson smoked the B 2 strokers
Matt Highlands took the B class fourstroke win

We all had a blast,this place really made an effort to improve the track for us!! we ran an hour and a half 9 laps.

Only Mike Johnston from ATVAddiction made it back from the GNCC and raced.

PICS POSTED ON www.motorcycleracingaction.com
GREAT PICS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ex'r Marlin
10-06-2003, 11:31 AM
WOW! GREAT PICTURES!!!!!:cool: :macho

Great seeing you there Jason! Glad to hear you did good on your wife's atv... :D

The track was great! I estimate about 30 some racers were there. A little muddy in spots, but nothing like it was in past races!:cool:

I know Ron (Derno24) is a little bummed. He broke his seat after the first big jump at the start of the race. He got great air and distance, but I guess that caused the seat mount to break.:(

Saw a few broken machines and crashes on the first lap!:eek: I guess there was some heavy racing at the start. I raced the C class. 9 of us total.

Hopefully I can make it out to another one of their races! It was a great time seeing and talking with those there.

Now I need to order some of those pictures!

ex kid
10-06-2003, 11:44 AM
j did u ride the new R? i spent the day preparing my EX. the axle is with hertz being straightend so i shoud be at pinegrove next week on the honda or the stock blaster. i wanted to go im outta cash tho:eek2:

jlhughes750
10-06-2003, 11:52 AM
rode the EX, did some upgrades for the wife, Axis and an HMF.

I ran hard all day and it felt great. Heck i even pulled the holeshot against a YFz 450 w/pipe and an R w/bigbore LRD!!!!!!:cool:

later, J

can't wait to get back on the R my backs hurting today!!!!!!

ex kid
10-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Axis all around? how did that work. did u do an HMF full system or slip on? how did that work out?