PDA

View Full Version : 4 Ply or 6 Ply

RallyFan
10-01-2003, 11:33 AM
I am getting 2 new rear tires for my Z. I have decided to give the Razr (standard) a try. i am debating whether to get the 4-ply or 6-ply tires?

I do mostly trail ridding. I have only used my stock Dunlops and never had a problem and I believe they are 4-ply. If I don't have to spend the extra money to get the 6-ply, that would be ideal?

What are your expiriences with this?

Also, I can only find a 20x11x9 where my stocks are 20x10x9. Will that be a problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4TraxRider
10-01-2003, 11:48 AM
If your not having any problems with flats on your stock Z tires, which are radials, you won't have a problem with 4 ply razr's. And the tire size will fit on your rim's, they are just an inch wider than stock.

Woodsrider
10-01-2003, 10:01 PM
I got the six ply on the rear of my 400, and I love them. I can run as little as 2 to 3 pounds of air and still not bang the rims on rocks. As for the 11 inch width, youll wonder why the stockers arent that wide. Your rims wont get beat up nearly as bad as with the tens.

But if you have never had a problem with flat tires with your dunlops, save the weight and get the 4 plys.

Ex'r Marlin
10-02-2003, 11:01 AM
For trail riding, I highly recommend the higher ply tire.

I know that a lot of riders with stock tires and 4 ply tires being able to ride without getting flats, but they are also more likely to get one than those with the higher ply. I am not saying that the higher ply tire will not get flats, but they add additional assurance.

I would sacrifice the price and the weight difference and get the higher ply tire.

BTW... Which ever Maxxis Razr rear tire you get, you should have a great experience with them out on the trails!:macho

Good luck!:)

RallyFan
10-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Thanks to all!!!