PDA

View Full Version : Back to the desert!

stace609
10-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Can't wait! This weekend is our first trip back to the desert. It's finally under 100 degrees.:cool: It's been so long....

Boy, makes me wish I had a better quad.:blah:

Any of the Ca people going out to Ocotillo?

EX LONERIDER
10-01-2003, 11:40 AM
how hot is it out there? i usually do day trips here and there but its been to darn hot.:( id like to do a trip out to there before the actual season begins. i do 90% dune trips during the season. i was out that way about mabe two weeks ago, but it was hotter there then in buttercup, so i whent to the dunes, and it was about 110*F!!!! good thing for the canal being there:D

stace609
10-01-2003, 02:54 PM
on friday it's supposed to be like 94-97 during the day and in the 70's at night. we are heading planning on getting there like 4 when it starts to cool down and camping overnight. shouldn't be too bad. we've never been to buttercup but are planning on it this year. what's it like there? are there trails or pretty much all dunes?

EX LONERIDER
10-02-2003, 12:19 AM
cool, i usually head out there either very late at night, or very early in the morning. i like driving on the road when no one else is. also keeps from my truck overheating if it gets too hot. i can deal with the cold alot better anyways. sandunes are the best, big bowls bout the size of a stadium, theres a competition hill thats about 400 feet tall....... the american canal is right next to the dunes too so you can swim in it to cool down and park youre bike underneath the bridge. its totally awsome! you should really go there, you can prety much roam wherever in the dunes except for where the stupid closures are, but it doesent really affect the dune riding that much.

mr.tijuana
10-03-2003, 04:43 PM
you'll have to let me know how it was. It will be my first time there, we are headed over on the 16th-19th of October.

L.Vegas400
10-04-2003, 09:24 AM
when i saw the title of this all i could think about is what i might be doing in dec or jan for the USAF.........