PDA

View Full Version : Side by side yammi and Honda,,, Dont vote till you scroll to the pic

04trx450R
09-30-2003, 11:31 PM
I found this pi on 3wheelerworld.com........OK, so for all those complainingabout the seat height, looks like unless your sitting on the tank honda's is actually lower, they must measure it at the highest point, not the lowest,,, Anyway, if the pic does not show up it's cause my picture host has a 5mb limit per day,, try again tommorow, lol. its there
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/71765/450vrs450.jpg

01TRX300EX
10-01-2003, 01:57 PM
I think that has to do with the camera angle as to why it looks lower, but I guess we'll find out when the 450R comes out.

yamblaster200
10-02-2003, 07:54 AM
Honda sits lower....has narrower bars...(a problem i've heard on the yamaha) is wider and looks more like it would squat in a turn rather than tip (typical of yamahas) looks like a honda only better lol....I was thinking the yamaha was a better quad....all the specs and stuff.....and was holding my opinion til the release of the honda....but after seeing the pics i dont see any possible way the yamaha will beat it, especially in xc which is what i race. crf has more bottom end than yzf....and i assume the quads are going to be the same...also honda's don't usually need as much suspension travel to be better than other brands.

TGW_400ex
10-02-2003, 01:37 PM
LOOK AT THIS everyone said the honda was ugly now look at the pool:eek2:

440ex kid
10-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I think it looks alright(the honda that is). I will get which ever one I can get for cheaper, but chances are im gettin the honda.

cheetah
10-04-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna guess that seat is softer too. I don't care how good the Yami is, if I'm not comfortable sitting on it I don't want it.

Mr_Bub400ex
10-04-2003, 10:38 PM
i think they are both very sharp looking quads but the 450r is more original

Chanman420q
10-04-2003, 10:48 PM
looks dont win races

SoUpX
10-05-2003, 12:29 AM
nope, they sure dont, drivers do (riders whatever):D

Wired
10-05-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
I'm gonna guess that seat is softer too. I don't care how good the Yami is, if I'm not comfortable sitting on it I don't want it.

the yfz isnt designed to be a trail quad ;)

OutlawEX
10-05-2003, 07:28 AM
Id still take the yfz over the honda:D

phatswinn
10-05-2003, 08:17 AM
the yzf is higher in that back, and thats usully where the tipping problem comes in, higher in the front and lower int he back makes it more comforable too imo

Flip)(stick
10-05-2003, 09:29 AM
honda looks like a torque monster, the yamaha looks like a speed machine

dhines
10-06-2003, 06:48 AM
Alright, boys - those pictures don't prove a bloody thing. All you've done is line up photos of the two machines that were taken at different times, from different angles, and at different distances by different photographers - and you're going to base seat height off of that?

The Yamaha pics were obviously taken closer (or with a higher zoom) than those of the R - look how much bigger the YFZ's tires appear - it isn't even close. As someone else already stated, you're just going to have to wait for a side-by-side comparison to determine somethinh like that...

monkeyboy
10-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dhines
Alright, boys - those pictures don't prove a bloody thing. All you've done is line up photos of the two machines that were taken at different times, from different angles, and at different distances by different photographers - and you're going to base seat height off of that?

The Yamaha pics were obviously taken closer (or with a higher zoom) than those of the R - look how much bigger the YFZ's tires appear - it isn't even close. As someone else already stated, you're just going to have to wait for a side-by-side comparison to determine somethinh like that...

wtf doo u no pud pullller:mad:

POS boff of emm:cool:

Pappy
10-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by dhines

i think them pics look mighty fast:eek: :D

300exOH
10-06-2003, 11:31 AM
I like the 450R from the back. That's what everyone will see anyhow.

I do prefer the yammy's looks though especially in the white and red.

In the end I'd have to ride 'em to say which I truly like the best.

ScreaminZ400
10-06-2003, 12:21 PM
by far the yamaha looks better

04trx450R
10-09-2003, 02:04 AM
Honda looks way better,,, and as far as the different zooms,, look at the front tires, they look damn near the same,,,, maybe honda is just running a smaller rear,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway you'll all see my 450r in southwick this year,, just local Ma. races,,, I aint no pro, but this is the quad that will get me into racing,, I wanted a 250r forever,, so I am getting the 450r

Adam202
10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
i would take the honda, but i think the yamaha looks better [Stock-Stock]. but i dont care i would put a nice hood and new lights on the honda and that would do the trick for me.

Woody_YFZ
10-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by 04trx450R
Honda looks way better,,, and as far as the different zooms,, look at the front tires, they look damn near the same,,,, maybe honda is just running a smaller rear,,,,,,,,,,,, anyway you'll all see my 450r in southwick this year,, just local Ma. races,,, I aint no pro, but this is the quad that will get me into racing,, I wanted a 250r forever,, so I am getting the 450r

They have exactly the same size rear tires, so with the comparison pic showing the Honda's to be quite a bit smaller says the camera angles are not the same. What results did you expect to get on a Honda site on the polls? Go ask the same question on a Yamaha site and you'll see the opposite result. I think some of us are just biased, but I could be wrong.

twisted threads
10-10-2003, 02:18 PM
When the 450r first came out I didn't like it that much but it starts to grow on you.:D I really like the looks of it now.

trueblue450
10-10-2003, 03:15 PM
i like the looks and the quad will be badass so it dont matter!

jhs
10-10-2003, 05:13 PM
One word, linkage. How does a 400ex linkage compare to a basically cr500 link? I own a crf450 chassied quad and have compared it very closely to a YFZ with only a pipe, bars and nerfs, real close, the Honda won't come close escpecially because none of the motor specs are even the same as the dirtbike motor. Sorry guys but the Yamaha wil prevail, I hate to say

AlaskaSpeed
10-10-2003, 05:21 PM
I guess you guys are the experts...the YFZ450 is an ugly POS.....:rolleyes: http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/PICT0007.JPG
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/PICT0006.JPG
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/PICT0008.JPG
http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/PICT0009.JPG

jhs
10-10-2003, 05:38 PM
yea buy it for what it looks like see where that gets you

Adam202
10-10-2003, 06:59 PM
im very suprised at the results from the poll, the yfz definatly looks better, but doesnt mean i would nessecarily take it over the honda.

robichjr
10-10-2003, 07:27 PM
no matter what angle you look at it from, the YFZ doesn't look like a honda, so I don't like it.

Sportrax10
10-10-2003, 07:58 PM
I voted for the Honda because I havnt like the look of the Yamaha from the begining. It looks like a bird to me:huh . The Honda hood dosnt look much better, but I like the looks of the other parts on the Honda. Both are sweet looking machines.

Very nice yfz alaskaspeed!

04trx450R
10-11-2003, 12:17 AM
I'm sorry but I have throw ths in here,,, alaskaspeed,,, yes your quad is very nice, as will be my honda and anyone elses,, but to me seeing that yammi, with a ford and a dodge in the background is a living hell,,,,,,, Go honda, and go chevy,,, lol,,,,no offense to anyone

dirtriderex
10-11-2003, 06:03 AM
If you ladies are going to be bashing fords then screw you. but the 450r is still a awsome looking bike and thats all anyone can say. It don't matter about titanium valves, fcr carb and all that bul, just how it performsl:cool:

TCracin440ex
10-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
I voted for the Honda because I havnt like the look of the Yamaha from the begining. It looks like a bird to me:huh . The Honda hood dosnt look much better, but I like the looks of the other parts on the Honda. Both are sweet looking machines.

Very nice yfz alaskaspeed!

yea i told my friendds the same thing...it reminds me of that bird that was arround in the dinosaur ages....i cant think of the name of it....but i looked at that bike and it reminded me of that bird...ive said it many times and ill say it again...the 450r will look better when quadtech gets ahold of it and makes a hood for it

Jeff Marcucci
10-12-2003, 05:39 PM
The CRF will handle better because of it's smaller engine overall size. The Yama head is larger and holds two cams. And that puts weight higher in the frame. The lower you can get the weight in the frame the better the center of gravity. That's one reason the 250R is hard to beat. I don't think any of the 450's will beat the handling of a 250R.

HotRod2Fitty
10-12-2003, 09:03 PM
TCracin is right, that yami looks like a friggin teridactle (sp).

But beyond looks, i dont give a rats arse about what they look like, its how they run and handle. I guess only time will tell.

Woody_YFZ
10-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Marcucci
The CRF will handle better because of it's smaller engine overall size. The Yama head is larger and holds two cams. And that puts weight higher in the frame. The lower you can get the weight in the frame the better the center of gravity. That's one reason the 250R is hard to beat. I don't think any of the 450's will beat the handling of a 250R.

I know of at least five 250R racers that have switched to the YFZ this year and not one of them agrees with you on the handling. The YFZ handles awesome. Yes, I would even dare say better than the 250R and I would expect the TRX would also handle a little better. They should, it's been 14 years since they stopped making the 250R, it's about time some improvement was made, though the 250R does handle awesome, you can't argue with that.

crazycraz
10-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ
I know of at least five 250R racers that have switched to the YFZ this year and not one of them agrees with you on the handling. The YFZ handles awesome. Yes, I would even dare say better than the 250R and I would expect the TRX would also handle a little better. They should, it's been 14 years since they stopped making the 250R, it's about time some improvement was made, though the 250R does handle awesome, you can't argue with that. I agree that they should handle better, but, you can't say the yfz will handle better than the trx, it's not out yet. I think the honda will handle just fine. If you look at the 450r, it looks like honda has incorporated both 250r and 400ex in it's frame design. Both of those machines handle very good. Just my 2cents but nobody should jump to conclusions.

Jeff Marcucci
10-14-2003, 08:30 PM
I agree with you crazycraz on the frame being between a 400ex and 250r. That's one reason I think the 250r will out handle the 450 and a 250R weights 328 dry and has a lower seat height. And I'm not talking about racers. Their bikes don't use any factory frames, A arms etc.

Chef
10-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
I guess you guys are the experts...the YFZ450 is an ugly POS.....:rolleyes:

I'm glad you finally saw the light Jim.:) :D :blah: