PDA

View Full Version : Trailers

JForestZ34
09-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Just have a couple of question reguarding trailers. Has anyone here have one of those triton atv trailers, the one that you can load from the side? How do you like it. Does it pull okay? How does it handle the bumps? How does it pull with only one quad on it? And more importantly how much was it? I was thinking of getting one but not sure. It's either this trailer or a 6x10 enclosed. I'm still trying to decide. Please let me know your opinions.

James

jello
09-30-2003, 11:43 PM
Im not much help :devil: but I have a question.

How hard would a 8 foot wide trailer be to haul... Right now I have a 6 foot wide one and its not very hard. 8 feet is kinda wide though(wider then my truck)

Thanks

JOEX
10-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Make sure you have extended mirrors for the towing vehicle. We got pulled over last month for that but luckily no ticket, just a warning.

If it is built right and you have the right tow vehicle there should be no problem pulling an 8' wide trailer. We had two, one pulled by a Suburban and the other pulled by an Expedition. No problems.

The Triton's sure look nice and i'm sure are very good quality but a bit pricey (I don't have any actual numbers). I'm sure they are worth it though being mostly aluminum I bewlive.

I piad $500 to a local guy to make me a 6x8 flat bed w/2200# axle. Holds two full size quads easily.

An enclosed trailer would be nice for security/weather issues but you loose manuverability (loading quads/gear).

Joe

killed300ex
10-01-2003, 05:10 AM
towing an 8ft wide trailor isnt bad. the legal limit in NH is 102 inchs at work i have a 102 inch wide trailor(8.5ft) and tow it behind my chevy 1500 and forget its even there. its 16 feet long and trailors nice dont worry about 8ft you will be fine.

RytM1
10-01-2003, 07:42 AM
James, I've got the 3 -place, Triton UT128-2 (tandem axle, 7x12). I just bought it in the spring, and I am very happy with it so far. I have never had it fully loaded yet, but even with 1 or 2 on it, it pulls real nice. As for handling the bumps, it takes them a lot better than my old trailer. I paid around $1700 out the door for it, and the only thing that I changed was to put LED lights on it. I saved myself a few $$$, and installed the d-rings on it myself, this way they could be exactly where I need them. I was looking into an enclosed trailer also, but to get what I would have needed, would have been pushing the towing limits of my truck (which I also replaced a few months later). Like Joe said, an enclosed trailer has it goods and bads, just like an open trailer