PDA

View Full Version : I know suspention before motor work BUT....

mrusk
02-03-2002, 10:48 AM
I have my 88 R all tore down for the winter. I know you are suppose to do handling mods before motor but my motor is old and needs some work. If my motor wont start and run properly it won't do me much good. I i deided i want to rebuild the top and bottom end. I got some quotes and i can send my motor to Dave at MP Racing in Oregon and he'll port it and do the bottom/top for the same price as my local shops want just to do the bottom end and a new piston.

So should i go with MP because i get more for my money? Later this year i will have a new front end i just dont know if it will be before my first race. I think i am going to send my rear shock to be revavled by PEP, and by some offset front rims.

What do u guys think i should do? Adventually both motor and chasis will get done, its just that the motor is the thing that makes the quad go and i need it working right.

Matt

worm
02-03-2002, 11:20 AM
dude it your motor is screwed of course send it offf.i would rather have mp do my motor than a local shop plus its a better deal.... go for it... you quad is still ridable w/ stock suspension.

mrusk
02-03-2002, 12:42 PM
Yea i think i am going to send it.

My motor isn't totally screwed. Needs a new clutch and will not start properly. It doesnt always spark, but even when it does it doesnt always start. But MP will fix it cuz they have u send all your electrics with the motor and they test it and tell you what u have wrong.

matt