PDA

View Full Version : Pep Limited mass question

Chanman420q
09-30-2003, 07:20 PM
my left front shock makes a squeaky/grinding noice when u push down it. Whats up with that? the right side one doesnt make this noice. Whats the problem here?

also what is the other adjustment? Compression and Rebound? or is it Preload? im not sure. I think its Rebound.

cdalejef
09-30-2003, 07:33 PM
sounds like the crossover rings, spray a little WD-40 on them and see if that helps.

Chanman420q
09-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
sounds like the crossover rings, spray a little WD-40 on them and see if that helps.

alright, ill try that. And if it doesnt work whats gunna need to be replaced?:(

and do u know what other adjustment it has?

Chanman420q
09-30-2003, 07:49 PM
no go on the DW40

cdalejef
09-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Well heck.....do you know how to remove the springs?

Where is the aduster that your wondering about located?

cdalejef
09-30-2003, 08:03 PM
The more I think about it, since PEP uses metal crossovers you would be better using a water proof grease to quiet them down. If you can remove the springs, clean the bodies, springs and crossovers of all dirt dirt and crap. Then lube the body where the crossovers ride with the waterproof grease.

RiPPiNiTuP7
09-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
The more I think about it, since PEP uses metal crossovers you would be better using a water proof grease to quiet them down. If you can remove the springs, clean the bodies, springs and crossovers of all dirt dirt and crap. Then lube the body where the crossovers ride with the waterproof grease.

i agree, get em all cleaned up, and try a lil lube:macho