PDA

View Full Version : My last Race

kc 300EX
02-03-2002, 09:46 AM
Saturday night was my last race at the fairgrounds this year. It was a pretty interesrting night. This was indoor flatrack on a small oval.

There were 15 quads in my class, so there were 3 heats of 5 quads each. I had my heat beat, I started last but I was in second within 2 laps, I knew I could pass the kid in front of me, but then, he just spun, I never touched him, but he spun right in front of me, I got stuck behind him, Everyone went by. I needed a first or second place to qualify for the main, I was mad, to say the least, a bunch of my friends and family were there watching, after that happened everyone pretty much left, except my dad and my cousin, and friend who were also racing.

Turns out, that there was a last mintue qualifying/semi final, for all the 3rd and 4th place quads from the first heats, SO I got another chance to qualify for the main, I didnt know that at first, so I was very happy/surprised.

Anyway, I started 5th in the semi, wich is middle of second row, Only the winner of the semi got to go to the main, Luckily, that was me, I had a lead of half a lap when I got the checkered flag.

In the main I had to start 7th! Which really sux cuz thats 3rd row, thats practically in the last turn.
Anyway, I didnt do too bad, but it was hard to pass and I ended up 4th.
Not too bad considering I thought I was out in the first race

Mity Mo
02-03-2002, 10:42 AM
Great Job KC. Its always better to come from the rear of the pack than just taking off in first and leading from start to finish. It takes the thrill out of racing. Or so I think. Mo:p

kc 300EX
02-03-2002, 12:05 PM
Thanks Mo, I definetly agree:)

02-04-2002, 09:33 AM
Yeah I had the friggin gate fall on my front tires last year,,,,of course I got out of the gate last and had about 14 idiots in front of me tryin to get a win. I ended up passin 9 guys and finished with 5th,,,like mo said,,it makes for a more interesting race that's for sure..:D

Mity Mo
02-04-2002, 10:56 AM
Rico, I just sat for 5 minutes trying to figure out what a AC/DC bumper was until one of my friends pointed out the other stuff on your bike. I really like your Fischer Price a-arms. LMAO. :p Mo