PDA

View Full Version : help counter balancer 250r?

joeroadking
09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
hi I am assembling my 250r bottom end and was just putting in the counter balancer assembly and was wondering can it be instaled in any position or are there marks(dots to line up) and if there are was I supposed to line them up as well as line up marks on crank at the drive gear for the counterbalancer (I found them and lined up the ones at the crank to the gear )now there is a dot on the drive gear where do I line this up to on the counter balancer there is no other mark? please help asap !want to finish assembling motor and get it off the kitchen table my girl is going to be pist I already have the rest of the quad all over the spare bedroom please answer asap!!:eek:

wilkin250r
09-30-2003, 03:57 PM
I can't tell you the specifics of how to line it up, but I CAN tell you that it MUST be lined up properly. The counter balance is supposed to offset the mass of the piston, as the piston goes up, the counter balance goes down. If you have it out of phase, you will end up with SEVERE vibration, and your motor will rip your frame apart within weeks, breaking every motor mount on your quad.

joeroadking
09-30-2003, 04:01 PM
called CT racing great guy walked me thru it over phone try that with any of the other major engine builders.

AndrewRRR
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by joeroadking
called CT racing great guy walked me thru it over phone try that with any of the other major engine builders.

That's good to hear. You usually hear nothing but complaints about CT's customer service from other 250R riders. Maybe they got some new people.