PDA

View Full Version : Warranty iSSUES

yellowrider
02-03-2002, 09:35 AM
do you think it is neccassry to have a extended warranty on my 300ex ? so far they had to replace my cylinder and when they did that in i brought it home and rode it 2 days straight and then thought that i would clean it i notice they didnt put a bolt in my motor !! so i took it back they said everything should be ok.. anywas is it worth getting a extended warranty for my 300ex

which is between 400 and 500 dollars i think i am not for sure but my time is gooing away and i dont know what i should do i am going to do whatever you all tell me to do ..

do you guys and gals think it is a waste of money ?

Mity Mo
02-03-2002, 10:33 AM
I did that when I bought my 400. The only problem is if you plan on racing it, they will not cover sqaut. If you do anything to modify it such as exhausts or body work they will find a way to get out from undernaeth that warranty without giving you anything. So be sure to really think it over before you do it. Mo

KNOWSALOT
02-03-2002, 07:55 PM
I can tell you from a dealer's point of view, that is very much worth the money.

As far as racing goes, only your overworked and butt head dealers are gonna refuse doing extended warranty work on your quad just because you race.

KNOWSALOT

yellowrider
02-03-2002, 08:19 PM
all i have on it is a pipe in a aftermarket air filter

only reason why i ask this questipn is because i think i may have got a lemon

mysticfalcon
02-03-2002, 08:32 PM
When i bought my quad my dealer told me that if you do absolutely anything to the quad it cancles your waranty so to keep any stock stuff to put back on incase i need waranty work done cause if he dosent know he cant do anything about it. then he said he recomends the yosh pipe and uni filter. just remember to take em off when ever my bike visits the shop